Not Buying McGinn

Goldfinch67

I am just a wee bit fed up with John McGinn articles where he proclaims he wants to play for Celtic one day (bleat bleat) and how difficult a summer he had when he went to Villa with eyes open wide. Now he's the best midfielder player in the EPL and how we have missed out.... Would I swap him for Corpus or Oli - NO!

Am I only Celtic fan fed up with this crap - John McGinn your a Villa hero - live with it!

I am just a wee bit fed up with John McGinn articles where he proclaims he wants to play for Celtic one day (bleat bleat) and how difficult a summer he had when he went to Villa with eyes open wide. Now he's the best midfielder player in the EPL and how we have missed out.... Would I swap him for Corpus or Oli - NO!

Am I only Celtic fan fed up with this crap - John McGinn your a Villa hero - live with it!
Same with McLean had all the chances went towards the money and blew it , Celtic does not wait for anyone its not a bus terminus or a retirement fund

Sounds like he wants to line up a shot at Celtic when he's looking for a retirement fund. Try sevco, they seem to have that market cornered.

Last edited:
On a level financial footing, there are only a dozen clubs throughout the world that can breathe the same air as Celtic.

Money changed the landscape and betting syndicates and SKY in Asia have evolved the phenomenon of the plastic supporter.

Anyone has the right to support Celtic, but Celtic do not have to support anyone. If the will was there, then there were/are many more than John McGinn who could have perhaps worn the hoops at some point. As it stands, I'd not swap any of our current midfield starters for him, although I believe he would have been the captains natural successor.

I don't wish the lad ill-will and I'm happy he's doing well at Villa, but they do not concern us and I won't lose much sleep over his career choices.

No you're not alone, read article and first thought,💩

I'd say Christie has been our best/most important player over the last 12 months, and I have been a fan since his ICT days.

I would still have loved McGinn to be a long-term replacement for Broony. This is a different position from Christie but I guess they are linked as Ryan was a possible make-weight to the McGinn deal.

However, realistically McGinn was probably to good and too valuable to play a bit part for us until Broony finally retired.

I don't know if McGinn keeps speaking (or answers questions asked) about us, as I have never sean any articles about this before. But he will always be a Celtic fsn so I imagine he'll be asked about this forever.

Good luck to McGinn but I'm delighted to have Christie.

On a level financial footing, there are only a dozen clubs throughout the world that can breathe the same air as Celtic.

Money changed the landscape and betting syndicates and SKY in Asia have evolved the phenomenon of the plastic supporter.

Anyone has the right to support Celtic, but Celtic do not have to support anyone. If the will was there, then there were/are many more than John McGinn who could have perhaps worn the hoops at some point. As it stands, I'd not swap any of our current midfield starters for him, although I believe he would have been the captains natural successor.

I don't wish the lad ill-will and I'm happy he's doing well at Villa, but they do not concern us and I won't lose much sleep over his career choices.

agree totally SP, McGinn is at best a good player he made his choice. He could have forced a move tae the HOOPS. But he didn't he's been found out at international level, Belgium, Russia(2). Good luck tae him at Villa if he was that good he'd be at a bigger & better club.

🍀COYBIG🍀HAIL HAIL🍀YNWA🍀

HH Corpus he sat on the Bench and poof the
Big fella said hi you what’s yir name it’s Ryan
Well whatever git warmed up yir on.
never looked back and WOW now a must start. The big fella fucked off and sum cnut call Mcgine went to a Hoose called a villa because of Money. We won he lost.
move on
The past is the past
HH Corpus

HH 🍀

Agree John can enjoy the money and the hum drum life of surviving at Villa. Celtic FC and our fans are a different machine and maybe that's why he spends so much time reflecting on the spiritual Paradise. (y) Even the Scottish Press must realise that the 'you missed out' stories have run their course and we have move onwards and upwards HH

It was just one of these twists of fate that’s littered in Celtic's history.
If McGinn had signed then Ryan Christie would not be in the Hoops right now in all probability. There’s no way he’d have pitched in with the same amount of goals & assists as Christie. It just wasn’t meant to be for McGinn, so life moves on.
I think Celtic have done ok without him considering our healthy position at the moment 🍀

As others have said, I don’t think Christie would be at the club if mcginn came in. I thought at the time what we done was right. We didn’t need mcginn and the offer was fair for a player we could’ve signed pre contract in 6 months. Brown would’ve been a year closer to passing on the mantle. Petrie was looking for crazy money for a Hibs player with a year left.

It turned out that we could’ve done with mcginn last season as we stuttered a bit, but hey ho, that’s football, and we still done alright.

Is it just me that thinks a number of our players could go down there and get the instant 10x value multiplication out on them cos it’s England?? 😂

It only extended his current contract by a year. KT had signed a 6 year contract at the start of last season if I mind right. The contracts mean nothing other than the player knowing what he’s gonna be paid while he’s on it. He’s effectively had a pay rise but doesn’t mean he couldn’t still be off, but we’d likely get more

Aye ano just get on wae it John boy ur chance came n went pal

Members online

Latest posts

Back