NZ 102 Tonga 0

Right then, your patronising prick,.
First of all, I don't drink and you tried that shite before.
Second, not the first time you've tried putting Scotland down with your snide remarks.
Thirdly you started this bollox of a thread, about rugby and the gloating of the all blacks, on a Celtic forum where the majority couldn't give 2 fucks about the game.
Forth, you want to come across as trying to be better than everyone else, why? Just because your the doctor of bullshit, stuck in your own ego are ya?
Fifth, looking for a medal cause you get up early to watch a match.
Sixth, either back up your points instead of trying to twist them to suit your own agenda or better still, shut the fuck up
To Fisk means to refute or rebut. You did not. You just vent your spleen without any attempt at logic. Wow
You wrote that crap when you were sober. Can you walk in a straight line?
General chat on the Noise -I guarantee you someone will soon mention the Olympics.
Handshakes and 3 cheers after school are drilled into sporting codes in NZ Australia and apparently Canada snide. WTF?

You're still trying the same strawman bullshit. Stop making up what i said. I will not explain strawman in case you assume that is patronising.
Glad to have taken your mind off the lack of signings.

I stopped playing organised fitba after Primary School and moved onto sports where you got to knock the snot out of opponents, so can't really comment on it here in Scotland. But after rugby both teams would take turns to give each other a guard honour and clap their opponents off the pitch/into the clubhouse. And in American Football both teams would line up and shake hands/high five every single opponent and share a dram with them in the pub afterwards.

Now SP will confirm that you don't get many posh folk in cow-rustling country so that can't be the reason for our post-match behaviour. So maybe being a good sportsman is a thing in Scotland and probably most other countries. I never gave it a second thought really and certainly would never use it as an excuse to put the boot unto the culture and upbringing of another country.

I stopped playing organised fitba after Primary School and moved onto sports where you got to knock the snot out of opponents, so can't really comment on it here in Scotland. But after rugby both teams would take turns to give each other a guard honour and clap their opponents off the pitch/into the clubhouse. And in American Football both teams would line up and shake hands/high five every single opponent and share a dram with them in the pub afterwards.

Now SP will confirm that you don't get many posh folk in cow-rustling country so that can't be the reason for our post-match behaviour. So maybe being a good sportsman is a thing in Scotland and probably most other countries. I never gave it a second thought really and certainly would never use it as an excuse to put the boot unto the culture and upbringing of another country.
I think it's because we're all inter-related in coo/berry land, so they're just like family reunions really.

In saying that, every family reunion I've ever been to usually needs NATO to intervene, so it can't be that either.

Time to get back to what this forum is all about FOOTBALL ..
Looks like Ange is giving everybody a chance to redeem themselves which is not a bad thing..
Maybe Ollie will get back to his best which was impressive at times, god know,s we need him to get back to something like his best,as for Bolingoli I could not tell you what his best was I always closed my eyes everytime he went forward..

HH

Last edited:
Looks like Ange is giving everybody a chance to redeem themselves which is not a bad thing..
Maybe Ollie will get back to his best which was impressive at times, god know,s we need him to get back to something like his best,as for Bolingoli I could not tell you what his best was I always closed my eyes everytime he went forward..

HH
I think you'll find that this forum is for football and all sorts of other shite. I think you'll also find that there is a thread about Ange.
Most threads start on one topic and quite quickly veer away in some of the strangest direction.
So I think you would be better off pissin against the wind than trying to get a shower of lunatics to toe your line.
But as for ntcham, I'd chase him to fuck. If he was on a building site he couldn't work to warm himself!

Not this thread. It's about the elitist sport of rugby -- where no matter how hard you try, you score (go figure) -- and how a backwater island nation in the South Pacific drubbed a tiny island nation, with the population of the county I live in, just north of it in the Pacific by triple digits, and consequentally the deserved derision the original post entailed.

You're got a lot of other threads to discuss your topic, sprig, but OK.

Good for Ange to give everyone a look. We'll see how this pans out.

I think you'll find that this forum is for football and all sorts of other shite. I think you'll also find that there is a thread about Ange.
Most threads start on one topic and quite quickly veer away in some of the strangest direction.
So I think you would be better off pissin against the wind than trying to get a shower of lunatics to toe your line.
But as for ntcham, I'd chase him to fuck. If he was on a building site he couldn't work to warm himself!
100%
If Ntcham was shovelling on a building site, he'd be called 'teaspoon'

Not this thread. It's about the elitist sport of rugby -- where no matter how hard you try, you score (go figure) -- and how a backwater island nation in the South Pacific drubbed a tiny island nation, with the population of the county I live in, just north of it in the Pacific by triple digits, and consequentally the deserved derision the original post entailed.

You're got a lot of other threads to discuss your topic, sprig, but OK.

Good for Ange to give everyone a look. We'll see how this pans out.
Sorry Larry played Rugby at a Scottish Secondary skill the most elite thing there was a big pile o 💩 in it.
Loved it played it regularly met some great
Pals. We even got to play against the posh skills. We even got to hit them legally loved hitten the pricks.
to be fair hitting someone bigger than you hard was a great feeling again in a proper tackle was great but I learned team work
Doing my job which was Hooker winning the Ball and setting up scoring chances was ffs FUN.
Sadly I had a serious neck injury that stopped me in ma tracks miss the game 23 and retired but never forget hitting somecunt and somecunt hitting me meant you were doing something right
And then having a pint with that same person after Miss it big time.
Not all Rugby is elitist it’s a great game like all sports even padded up Poofy American fitba players. Like the San Francisco panty liners. (Ize only jokin) love NFL
But each to there own canny stand Tiddlywinks though

HH 😂

Sorry Larry played Rugby at a Scottish Secondary skill the most elite thing there was a big pile o 💩 in it.
Pals. We even got to play against the posh skills. We even got to hit them legally loved hitten the pricks.
to be fair hitting someone bigger than you hard was a great feeling again in a proper tackle was great but I learned team work
Doing my job which was Hooker winning the Ball and setting up scoring chances was ffs FUN.

Well, to each their own JamSam67, and glad to hear you were an adequate hooker :D

Not all Rugby is elitist it’s a great game like all sports even padded up Poofy American fitba players. Like the San Francisco panty liners. (Ize only jokin) love NFL

That may be, but from what I've gleaned on this thread, it sounds like its roots are not from the bottom up. I've never been much of an American football fan and didn't play much of it as a youth. Baseball was my sport of choice. However, given the choice between being mauled with or without padding, I'd take padding any day.

HH 😂
I can speak on the point above with some authority having played both games at the same time, American football in the summer and rugby in the winter, the two games may look similar, but are TOTALLY different, 1st the weight of a gridiron kit is unbelievably heavy at least a couple of stone to run about with, rugby just a heavy shirt and shorts, that’s why the tackling is different, rugby you tackle behind or to the side the legs and drag them to the ground gridiron you aim for the front of the player and try and knock them over, I kept forgetting what game I was playing in the heat of the moment, got concussed a few times playing rugby, trying to knock players over like skittles 🤣 very little coaching goes on during a rugby game, players are disciplined and know what they have to do, gridiron is like chess with 18 stone pieces, they do something, we do something to counter act them, out of the two, I preferred playing American football, British champ with the Clydesdale colts 1992

I can speak on the point above with some authority having played both games at the same time, American football in the summer and rugby in the winter, the two games may look similar, but are TOTALLY different, 1st the weight of a gridiron kit is unbelievably heavy at least a couple of stone to run about with, rugby just a heavy shirt and shorts, that’s why the tackling is different, rugby you tackle behind or to the side the legs and drag them to the ground gridiron you aim for the front of the player and try and knock them over, I kept forgetting what game I was playing in the heat of the moment, got concussed a few times playing rugby, trying to knock players over like skittles 🤣 very little coaching goes on during a rugby game, players are disciplined and know what they have to do, gridiron is like chess with 18 stone pieces, they do something, we do something to counter act them, out of the two, I preferred playing American football, British champ with the Clydesdale colts 1992
Yeah BB. As someone who was battered by your 1992 Colts team.I can confirm that they are completely different ways of tackling. People who haven't played American Football don't realise that most of the padding is actually weaponry so you can smash into your opponent much harder. We had a few brilliant rugby players come along to training to show us up and never returned after being pummeled. I love both sports and they are both very tough, but fun.

Well, to each their own JamSam67, and glad to hear you were an adequate hooker :D

That may be, but from what I've gleaned on this thread, it sounds like its roots are not from the bottom up. I've never been much of an American football fan and didn't play much of it as a youth. Baseball was my sport of choice. However, given the choice between being mauled with or without padding, I'd take padding any day.
Cheers Larry always aimed for Adequate
Now I’ve got there
Like Baseball also but mainly through Hollywood movies of players life stories
It’s not something we get on Tv over here
My main loves out with the Kids and Wife and Celtic
We’re Rugby 🏉 was really good at it
And Golf ⛳️ that was my Game
Played since a kid played of Scratch till 2010 then basically lost the use of my right hand. Wasn’t prepared to amputate right pinkie due to calcium cists and arthritis I used the interlocking grip. and being able to pick my nose, would have been down to my left hand and I probably would’ve poked my eye 👁 out so had to give up that but fell back on the fitba as I said earlier my hands on a bad day Abufuckingbrokenhansa. Miss playing golf but life had to go on. but always remember holing the winning Putt to win the East Lothian Winter League at Haddington For The Royal Musselburgh Golf Club.

HH four

Yeah BB. As someone who was battered by your 1992 Colts team.I can confirm that they are completely different ways of tackling. People who haven't played American Football don't realise that most of the padding is actually weaponry so you can smash into your opponent much harder. We had a few brilliant rugby players come along to training to show us up and never returned after being pummeled. I love both sports and they are both very tough, but fun.
What team did you play for?

Sadly I had a serious neck injury that stopped me in ma tracks miss the game 23 and retired but never forget hitting somecunt and somecunt hitting me meant you were doing something right
And then having a pint with that same person after Miss it big time.
But each to there own canny stand Tiddlywinks though

HH 😂
I went to a rugby playing school where you only had two options in first and second year. It was either rugby or fuck off.

I played full-back, Jam and it actually helped me a lot with the old goalkeeping. Corner kicks didn't seem so bad after having a fifteen-stone posh bruiser trying to wipe ye oot.

I probably would have carried on playing the rugby at school, but it made you ineligible for the international schoolboys, so I had to go back to playing football for the worst team I've kicked a ball for. It worked oot ok in the end though.

It's not an easy game to watch because of the stop/start nature of the game, but I mostly enjoyed playing it well enough until some big lump poleaxed ye.

Loved playing the away game at Aberdeen, you always made stovies as after game grub, then it was a 2 1/2hr party on the bus home, joints, beer and a sing song
F1D7DD43-F683-49A0-AB47-C1E18810CF88.jpeg
that’s me no64 running an interception when playing on the offensive line, it was batted up in the air, I caught it and headed downfield faster than a speeding bullet 🤣🤣

Loved playing the away game at Aberdeen, you always made stovies as after game grub, then it was a 2 1/2hr party on the bus home, joints, beer and a sing song
View attachment 14785
that’s me no64 running an interception when playing on the offensive line, it was batted up in the air, I caught it and headed downfield faster than a speeding bullet 🤣🤣
I'd definitely gone head to head with you as an inside linebacker and occasional lineman. Like Ajetii it wasn't uncommon for me to go entire matches without touching the ball, but I did once score a TD in our first league game from a Barrhead Redhawks punt, but later on dislocated my shoulder sacking their QB for a 20+ yard loss! 😆 They were brilliant days.

Back