Ode to my mother

B

bertie auld

If there's medals for mothers momma you'd win everyone.
It was my mum's birthday yesterday she had many presents cards and so I'm told many well wishes on Facebook.
Where do you start there is only 2 people that mean everything to me without them I'd be nothing one is Junior and the other is my Mum.
Through my mum i learned to read,love music and to have empathy for everyone she would say "you never know anyone's story until you walk in their shoes" my mum worked in a hospital but she had love compassion and dignity by the million load to me she was born with it along with the many millions of extraordinary uniqueness of her character and a life lived.
I get my strength from my mum and all I can say is her strength and determination is honestly out of this world i could try to put in to word's but I'd still be nowhere near and I wouldn't be doing her justice.
My mum nearly got killed by a drunken motorcyclist, I didn't see her for over a year and a half so bad was her injuries she received the last rites on several occasions and her injuries truly horrific.
My mum modeled and looked a lot better thanElizabeth Taylor that's what people said she looked like but she was far better looking honestly,but because of her injuries to her face body and legs this was to change.So she had to build herself back up again learn to walk talk eat her confidence shattered but she had her family so anything was possible.She did it it took years but she fought all the way just truly inspirational and again that isn't doing her any justice.
My mum then got breast Cancer she had to have a breast removed chemo and extensive radiology treatment and not once did she complain she was tired sick and emotional but again this super human strength that she possess shines through.The bit that got me though and still to this day when she woke up in the ward after the removal of her breast oh bhoy she was in the kitchen doing the dishes for the nurses and doctors because they had helped her.Words fail me again truly inspirational.
My mum has had two knee replacements and she suffers from silent epilepsy and has suffered personal torment through family situations and again she never complains.
I deliberately this year didn't get my mum anything for Mothersday,So the next day I got her the biggest bunch of flowers and in the card I wrote I don't need Mother's day to tell you happy Mother's day,I can tell you that on the other 364 day's I Love you your my inspiration I'd be lost without you your an angel sent to me.
Love You Mum X

It was my mum's birthday yesterday she had many presents cards and so I'm told many well wishes on Facebook.
Where do you start there is only 2 people that mean everything to me without them I'd be nothing one is Junior and the other is my Mum.
Through my mum i learned to read,love music and to have empathy for everyone she would say "you never know anyone's story until you walk in their shoes" my mum worked in a hospital but she had love compassion and dignity by the million load to me she was born with it along with the many millions of extraordinary uniqueness of her character and a life lived.
I get my strength from my mum and all I can say is her strength and determination is honestly out of this world i could try to put in to word's but I'd still be nowhere near and I wouldn't be doing her justice.
My mum nearly got killed by a drunken motorcyclist, I didn't see her for over a year and a half so bad was her injuries she received the last rites on several occasions and her injuries truly horrific.
My mum modeled and looked a lot better thanElizabeth Taylor that's what people said she looked like but she was far better looking honestly,but because of her injuries to her face body and legs this was to change.So she had to build herself back up again learn to walk talk eat her confidence shattered but she had her family so anything was possible.She did it it took years but she fought all the way just truly inspirational and again that isn't doing her any justice.
My mum then got breast Cancer she had to have a breast removed chemo and extensive radiology treatment and not once did she complain she was tired sick and emotional but again this super human strength that she possess shines through.The bit that got me though and still to this day when she woke up in the ward after the removal of her breast oh bhoy she was in the kitchen doing the dishes for the nurses and doctors because they had helped her.Words fail me again truly inspirational.
My mum has had two knee replacements and she suffers from silent epilepsy and has suffered personal torment through family situations and again she never complains.
I deliberately this year didn't get my mum anything for Mothersday,So the next day I got her the biggest bunch of flowers and in the card I wrote I don't need Mother's day to tell you happy Mother's day,I can tell you that on the other 364 day's I Love you your my inspiration I'd be lost without you your an angel sent to me.
Love You Mum X

Welcome aboard Bertie and pass these on to you know who.

580b585b2edbce24c47b26a7.png

Love You Mum X

Oh man, that is so humbling and truly beautiful. ???

Love You Mum X
I have to Say Bertie, that after reading your post, this song came into my head straight away. My mother used to sing it and your post brought it back.....

Members online

Back