Off-topic: Ask a Basque

I was lucky to live in an era that had the |Apololo theatre, so followed the stranglers, boomtown rats, stiff little fingers, clash, damned.
But saw giants like ZZ Top, Tangerine dream, UFO, Moody Blues just a mix Glasgow was alive back then.
I was about Glasgow until the 80s. First gig was yes at the apollo in the early 70s aged about 14☺

I was about Glasgow until the 80s. First gig was yes at the apollo in the early 70s aged about 14☺
Great band you do not see covers like Fragile or that artwork anymore, MP3 does not cut it. You spent more time looking at the cover and the sleeve, finding little creative images tucked away or maybe that was the acid and you would have seen the same on a rizla sleeve. Aye was good time you will have been around when DSOM was released,that was the first time i really understood the concept album everything just fitted into the endless stream. Superb times. Seen Floyd earls Court 1980 the Wall.

Great band you do not see covers like Fragile or that artwork anymore, MP3 does not cut it. You spent more time looking at the cover and the sleeve, finding little creative images tucked away or maybe that was the acid and you would have seen the same on a rizla sleeve. Aye was good time you will have been around when DSOM was released,that was the first time i really understood the concept album everything just fitted into the endless stream. Superb times. Seen Floyd earls Court 1980 the Wall.

Ah boab when the Floyd did that I was in the middle of a pretty stalinist approach to music. I still struggle with the idea of superstars but yeah still remember the thrill of smoking one of my first doobies and listening to DSOM through the headphones of my posh friend.

Fuck me I would never have believed that was out on world wide media. I was in the circle by myself with a load of longhairs looking at me as if I didn't belong there. It is probably why I turned to punk.?
I went down to Ayr for the mods v rockers and UK subs were in the Ayr pavillion, i was there with short hair like a narcotics casual and punks were staring at us like they are coppers.

I went down to Ayr for the mods v rockers and UK subs were in the Ayr pavillion, i was there with short hair like a narcotics casual and punks were staring at us like they are coppers.
When was that? I used to visit ayr until the later 80s and well remember "the piv " but don't remember that but I do remember seeing the specials madness and selector at Tiffanys on Sauchiehall st about 1980.

When was that? I used to visit ayr until the later 80s and well remember "the piv " but don't remember that but I do remember seeing the specials madness and selector at Tiffanys on Sauchiehall st about 1980.
That would be 90s, the mods never showed up the punks were backed up with the bikers i would imagine west coast at the time. Tiffanys is were i seen the damned.

That would be 90s, the mods never showed up the punks were backed up with the bikers i would imagine west coast at the time. Tiffanys is were i seen the damned.
not the 90s
UK Subs
uk-fff1611.png
Ayr Pavilion, Ayr, UK7 Apr 1980

There always was an untold alliance between the punks and bikers there. It was a biker haunt then the punks edged in until you got nights of music with the velvet underground new yořk dolls acdc and motor head. It was awright

Latest posts

Back