Oi Oi Oi Hail Hail Hail

CarlisleReiver

Ange Postecoglou

Only trophies at Celtic counts, and it's why I don't like getting rookie managers into the job. We shouldn't be someones first stone, for them to cut their teeth, but for true managers. Manager's that have been there and won that.

Ange Postecoglou won:

South Melbourne
Brisbane Roar
Australia U17
Australia U20
Australia
Yokohama F. Marinos

What will he win at us? I hope a lot, but I'm no fortunetller. However, compared to Howe, Keane, Wilder etc then Ange blows them away. Every manager is a gamble but he has good experience managed winning teams, been to the World Cup and won the Asian Cup. Where can we buy that experience? Many fans would be happy with the Scotland manager, Clarke (who I rate highly too) but his record doesn't match Ange's.

I would have given Howe 2 years, ecpically if he could get to the Champions League Group (hard ask) so I'm happy to give Ange Postecoglou 2 years too.

Come on Celtic get him signed.

Ange Postecoglou

Only trophies at Celtic counts, and it's why I don't like getting rookie managers into the job. We shouldn't be someones first stone, for them to cut their teeth, but for true managers. Manager's that have been there and won that.

Ange Postecoglou won:

South Melbourne
Brisbane Roar
Australia U17
Australia U20
Australia
Yokohama F. Marinos

What will he win at us? I hope a lot, but I'm no fortunetller. However, compared to Howe, Keane, Wilder etc then Ange blows them away. Every manager is a gamble but he has good experience managed winning teams, been to the World Cup and won the Asian Cup. Where can we buy that experience? Many fans would be happy with the Scotland manager, Clarke (who I rate highly too) but his record doesn't match Ange's.

I would have given Howe 2 years, ecpically if he could get to the Champions League Group (hard ask) so I'm happy to give Ange Postecoglou 2 years too.

Ange Postecoglou will not be given 2 seasons to get it right, he'll be lucky if he gets 1 full season unless he hits the ground running (unlikely given the scale of change required on playing side, coaching, recruitment etc). If he is appointed its more than likely he'll be gone before the trophies are handed out next May. A lot of the anger, disillusionment at his potential appointment is down to an outgoing CEO, major shareholder and compliant board who treat the support with contempt and who's arrogance and complacency has left us a laughing stock.
There is no vision, there is no planning, there is no rebuild, Postecoglou will be another patsy put in place with no functioning footballing operation to support him (see Ronny Deila).

I'm not against Ange per say, he may be a very good manager/ coach. It's the way we've gone about this. Every day I've been reading a new manager has got a job here an there. Come on, this has been dragging on for months an this may take another month to finalise with no licence and quarantine. It's a joke. We're a laughing stock. We had a head start and put all our eggs in the EH basket an he shafted us, but we left ourselves wide open. Can't believe we were so naive. Fucking joke.

Ange Postecoglou

Ange Postecoglou won:

South Melbourne
Brisbane Roar
Australia U17
Australia U20
Australia
Yokohama F. Marinos

I'll tell you what makes a good manager. His signings. Look at the past. Henrik, Lubo, before that Cadete, Di Canio, after that Hartson Sutton. Even Rodgers brought Dembele, Sinclair, Forster.
How is Ange going to hit the ground running? He doesn't know anyone up in Europe, who's on his radar? Who's going to sign the next set of players we desperately need? Omg I'm doing my own head in now, 🤣

Ange Postecoglou will not be given 2 seasons to get it right, he'll be lucky if he gets 1 full season unless he hits the ground running (unlikely given the scale of change required on playing side, coaching, recruitment etc). If he is appointed its more than likely he'll be gone before the trophies are handed out next May. A lot of the anger, disillusionment at his potential appointment is down to an outgoing CEO, major shareholder and compliant board who treat the support with contempt and who's arrogance and complacency has left us a laughing stock.
There is no vision, there is no planning, there is no rebuild, Postecoglou will be another patsy put in place with no functioning footballing operation to support him (see Ronny Deila).

☝️ Situation summed up perfectly and why, after 23 years as a season ticket holder, I will not be renewing! :(💔

Ange Postecoglou

Ange Postecoglou won:

South Melbourne
Brisbane Roar
Australia U17
Australia U20
Australia
Yokohama F. Marinos

Great post c r
Absolutely spot on (proof of the pudding as the saying goes)

Who would you pick G67 ? someone’s got to get job ,you make good points in your post ,but who would you put in place ,myself I would go with the Oz man why not,you can pick the bones out of any candidate the board still got to make
a choice whether you or me agree or disagree somebody who

Who would you pick G67 ? someone’s got to get job ,you make good points in your post ,but who would you put in place ,myself I would go with the Oz man why not,you can pick the bones out of any candidate the board still got to make
a choice whether you or me agree or disagree somebody who
Someone with experience in European football would be a start.
Out of work and available are Lucien Favre, Marco Silva, Patrick Vieira for example, have they been considered?
My point wasn't whether or not Postecoglou was the right choice or not, it'll be whoever they finally choose, but they won't be given more than one season to get it right. And they certainly won't be given the necessary backing on and off the park.

Someone with experience in European football would be a start.
Out of work and available are Lucien Favre, Marco Silva, Patrick Vieira for example, have they been considered?
My point wasn't whether or not Postecoglou was the right choice or not, it'll be whoever they finally choose, but they won't be given more than one season to get it right. And they certainly won't be given the necessary backing on and off the park.
You name some experienced people there in Europe and of course these managers like money and as you know we do not like parting with the dosh but you have got be honest for a start could be wrong, but don’t know if any have been approached who knows, lets be honest maybe they just don’t fancy a wee country were it’s a two horse race (fact) every year think you would agree with that, me thinks,plus about giving more time you’re probably right, That’s why I would take a chance on the Oz man what’s to lose surely the only way is up as in the words off the song

No harm to ye bigman , but there's some pile a dirth in that list.
There's only a few of them that I would say are decent.
Where has Frank lampard done anything? Good footballer and that's it. Viera, what has he done? Mark Hughes? Ye even have Neil Lennon on the list ffs.
I could rip through most of them.
But yet ye won't give a man a chance who is in a job and not on the dole queue.
I just feel if he comes in and wins the league people will still say he's shite. Some Celtic supporters are hopin he fails.

If you’ve read enough about ange the one thing they all say is he’ll be nobodies patsy

I am going to say I think this will be a terrific appointment and we will win the league at a canter. Just my opinion ... for the record.
I’m not that confident but I’m getting positive
The only people with negative things to say are Celtic supporters and the Scottish media
Yet to read anything but a positive comment coming from the other side of world about ange

If you’ve read enough about ange the one thing they all say is he’ll be nobodies patsy
Patsy is probably the wrong word, fall guy more appropriate.
If its Ange, fine, get on with it. My major concern is there is no infrastructure in place to support whoever the manager is. There's no Sporting Director, no Head of Recruitment, no Chief Scout, who knows what the Sport Science and Analytics departments look like (if we actually have them functioning at all), the Youth set up is a shambles and with pre season training about a fortnight away we are probably short of 12 players, minimum, 8 of which will need to be first choice first team players.
No matter who the new manager is, its a complete shitshow and will take at least a year, one season, three transfer windows to fix it. Ange will not get a full year without success, there is no goodwill to begin with. Not his fault, he is walking into someone else's disaster.

Members online

Latest posts

Back