Oko Flex and other young players

26+6=1

Armstrong Oko Flex's contract expires at the end of the month. I've not seen anything regards him signing a pre-contract elsewhere so there's always the change he will re-up. That being said I didn't see much from him in the limited senior playing time he had last year but it would be rash to make any judgements on all the bit of time he got. Do those who have seen more of him in development games feel the club should pursue him for a new contract?
There was an article on the club website where Ange stated Academy players could be key to club's success and I really hope this is an indication of what's to come and we'll see 4 or more youngsters establish themselves in the first team this year.

We need a B team squad to start the Lowland League in 3 weeks, do we have anyone? We don't have a manager and management team for the B team either.
The youth set up/academy needs a total revamp, it has produced 3 players of note in a decade yet the same people remain in charge.

Armstrong Oko Flex's contract expires at the end of the month. I've not seen anything regards him signing a pre-contract elsewhere so there's always the change he will re-up. That being said I didn't see much from him in the limited senior playing time he had last year but it would be rash to make any judgements on all the bit of time he got. Do those who have seen more of him in development games feel the club should pursue him for a new contract?
There was an article on the club website where Ange stated Academy players could be key to club's success and I really hope this is an indication of what's to come and we'll see 4 or more youngsters establish themselves in the first team this year.
I watch as much as I can on Celtic tv. I see kids who obviously have a degree football intelligence about them. What I worry about is the lack of physicality and athleticism. Those qualities are now vital for success in the modern game. Unless of course the player is OUTRAGEOUSLY talented. It would be terrific if we could progress some of our young boys. For me Luca Connell is the pick of the bunch.

I watch as much as I can on Celtic tv. I see kids who obviously have a degree football intelligence about them. What I worry about is the lack of physicality and athleticism. Those qualities are now vital for success in the modern game. Unless of course the player is OUTRAGEOUSLY talented. It would be terrific if we could progress some of our young boys. For me Luca Connell is the pick of the bunch.
Not sure about physicality ,look at Italy ,Insigne,Veratti,Barella ,all tiny players yet world class ...its the shit coaching in this country thats the problem and the lifestyle.

All our youngsters lost a season last year with covid and a lack of matches.
Very hard to keep them focused without nothing to look forward to.
Believe lenny and JK had no faith or confidence in the younger players which don't sit well for the future.
Again hoping for a change in this area where the younger player is given a much fairer opportunity to make his mark.
Also would say by the time he is 21 and hasn't shown that he is contention for a 1st team squad place then it would be highly unlikely that he ever would so loan out to try and move on

Members online

Latest posts

Back