On line petition

Maybe full time refs is the way. I didn't actually think this would be a good idea because the likes of Steven McLean, who is a physio, probably wouldn't give up his day job when he can keep doing that and get another £1,000/week for refereeing badly. However, if they were forced to have one job, refereeing, with no second job permitted, maybe the current lot would bail out and leave referring much less tainted.

Short answer is no. A bunch of small minded self serving bigots if you ask me.
Which in turn are being allowed to destroy the game.
Tomorrow night should be all about looking forward to a big game in our fixture list.
Gaining 3 points could be vital to our quest to winning the league title.
Yet I'm left wondering will the mib manage to fuck the game up as a spectacle for viewing, so it's only about the result that counts.
The quality of football is made very hard to shine with a mib hell bent on not allowing that to happen

True, for me if there was any doubt that it's bent is a certain club going through a season without a red card or a penalty against. I don't think it's happened before anywhere.
If memory serves me right, still had 3 who had to serve bans after the game for red card offences, yet were still able to influence the overall outcome of the game they should have been sent off in.
That approach still seems to be in play yet again this season still

If memory serves me right, still had 3 who had to serve bans after the game for red card offences, yet were still able to influence the overall outcome of the game they should have been sent off in.
That approach still seems to be in play yet again this season still
Yes, the retrospective punishment is a cop out for the reason you state - it allows influential players, or players who should not be able to provide an influential moment to continue and it allows referees to hide behind the 'honest mistake' excuse to deliberately not send off those players. Not only does it allow the perpetrator to stay on the pitch and provide some influence, it also means that the team of that player isn't disadvantaged by the extra space it leaves and the extra effort in chasing the ball. They know that, even if their 'honest mistake' is corrected retrospectively, the game is gone and they have served the goat god.

The people IMO who should be petitioned are our own board,this is us once again
doing their work for them..they know what is going on in regards to cheating referees in Scottish football and if the dont they should,nt be board members..
The SFA and the SPFL are off the mark quick enough when it comes to printing flyers with the slogan..show racism the red card...
Maybe it is time the same people who approved this slogan did something about it themselves..
Maybe something like...The SFA and The SPFL show racism the red card...or maybe they fear there could be another Andrew Watson waiting in the wings to take their jobs..

HH

The people IMO who should be petitioned are our own board,this is us once again
doing their work for them..they know what is going on in regards to cheating referees in Scottish football and if the dont they should,nt be board members..
The SFA and the SPFL are off the mark quick enough when it comes to printing flyers with the slogan..show racism the red card...
Maybe it is time the same people who approved this slogan did something about it themselves..
Maybe something like...The SFA and The SPFL show racism the red card...or maybe they fear there could be another Andrew Watson waiting in the wings to take their jobs..

HH
Our board need to be held accountable at the upcoming AGM imo GS.
They are meant to be a voice for the supporters in general yet choose to say nothing.
Letting them off Scott free is bullshit on an issue that infuriates the support so much.
Depending upon the responses they give on the issue will make it far easier to say if they are worthy of representing us as a voice imo.
As sitting around doing nothing is really not cutting it for myself any longer, got far to out of hand now

Why has the petition been taken down ?
There was 2 put up miktim, idea never really took off, but so be it.
At least we tried doing something and 1 still there i think.
Someone else may be able to produce a better one in time that might get better support but we will wait and see, at least the idea is out there still and thanking everyone who supported the idea this far.

There was 2 put up miktim, idea never really took off, but so be it.
At least we tried doing something and 1 still there i think.
Someone else may be able to produce a better one in time that might get better support but we will wait and see, at least the idea is out there still and thanking everyone who supported the idea this far.
Same old pish Johnno plenty of people want to shout their mouths off but do nothing about it. I’m not convinced the petition would do much but it could certainly have been the first step to get people on board with actually getting off their arse and do/say something!

Same old pish Johnno plenty of people want to shout their mouths off but do nothing about it. I’m not convinced the petition would do much but it could certainly have been the first step to get people on board with actually getting off their arse and do/say something!
That was the idea behind it legend, could have been drafted better to be more appealing to other supporters within Scotland, who have been currently more hard done than ourselves so far this season with the level of disgusting referee decisions that is destroying the game and being allowed to get away with it, as no one is prepared to challenge the issue.

Members online

Latest posts

Back