One case of Covid in NZ and the whole country is put into Level 4 (the max)

I came back to Scotland for a wedding last week. Tested negative on Wednesday to fly on Thursday - wedding on Friday. Flew back on Sunday and heard that a guest has tested positive. No problem I thought - im double vaccinated. Wrong - just had confirmation I have tested positive 😕. Pretty pissed off for a number of reasons. At least one other double vaccinated guest also tested positive. I was rough for a couple of weeks after the second jab and yet it has achieved feck all it would seem. Also rather freaked out. Feeling more or less ok just now but worried about what is coming 😬. For the venue it was the first wedding of the year. If a summer wedding when everyone is vaccinated ends in disaster when will it all ever end....
Worrying stuff Andy, hope you and your loved ones are all okay and your positive test stays at mild.

Should have been vaccinating earlier, instead of hoping your geographical isolation and border control would keep it it out, very poor showing from your government…….get rid of next election

Watching CNN a couple of weeks ago they reported on LA County reintroducing mandatory masks in public places and about 99% of those in ICU were non-vaccinated.
It's fucking mental
People protesting about their rights being violated becasue they are being asked to wear a mask to go into a shop, or restaurant
They're not being asked to go to war, put a fucking mask on, or stay in the house FFS
Two weeks ago, this happened at a fast food restaurant
Now, there's a guy who needs his jaw broken

It's fucking mental
People protesting about their rights being violated becasue they are being asked to wear a mask to go into a shop, or restaurant
They're not being asked to go to war, put a fucking mask on, or stay in the house FFS
Two weeks ago, this happened at a fast food restaurant
Now, there's a guy who needs his jaw broken
Wonder what Team he supports Mm
I wonder

HH FUD

Cheers everyone for the support. I feel OK to be honest. Fourth day now and so far it is like a mild cold. Hopefully it stays that way
Day 15 now and I'm only just recovering. Different symptoms every day and about four fake recoveries only to feel loads worse the next day. I always thought the lockdowns were over the top but getting the virus makes you think again for sure 🙁

Day 15 now and I'm only just recovering. Different symptoms every day and about four fake recoveries only to feel loads worse the next day. I always thought the lockdowns were over the top but getting the virus makes you think again for sure 🙁
That is a shame Andy. I hope you get better soon and there are no long lasting effects. Hopefully you had 1 or 2 vaccines which will have given your body a headstart to fight this horrible virus - otherwise you could have been in a very bad way. Take care.

That is a shame Andy. I hope you get better soon and there are no long lasting effects. Hopefully you had 1 or 2 vaccines which will have given your body a headstart to fight this horrible virus - otherwise you could have been in a very bad way. Take care.
Cheers bb. I got it at a wedding along with 16 others most of whom were double vaxxed. Three family members weren't. One was ok and two had tough times but didn't need hospital.

Latest NZ update. 829 cases mostly in Auckland. Auckland area is in Level 4 lockdown -the most severe we have. The rest of the country for the last two days is at Level 2+ I was able to go to my office yesterday for the first time in a month. It is compulsory for anyone working in or entering any shop to wear a mask. Compliance is about 95% and there is no visible protest. A handful of arrests for not wearing a mask. The authorities still believe that it can be eradicated and our vaccination coverage is now about 30%

Cheers bb. I got it at a wedding along with 16 others most of whom were double vaxxed. Three family members weren't. One was ok and two had tough times but didn't need hospital.
That is a shame. My pal has just returned to our office - his symptons were only a head cold and never felt too bad so just continued to work from home. He almost certainly got it at the St Mirren game or on the supporters bus.

Just take things easy and don't overdo things to quickly. If there are no lasting effects then you will have built up a good immunity to this virus for a fair amount of time.

Last edited:
Af had bith ma jags.....66 in December..... a feel fit .....but been smokin for a long time....so a wee bit scared ...if I catch it....and as time goes on....it looks mair likely I may.... :(
You could be fine lennono. Don't want to post too much personal stuff but one unvaxxed victim smokes like a chimney, was 60 and recently had chemo and was more or less ok. Its a total lottery - but with only crappy prizes

This is the only thread about covid in this site so forgive me butting in but is everybody OK with vaccine(even though its not a vaccine)pasports to get into paradise??but its brand new forn100,000 just to show up at Glasgow Green with no passport in site I think football has done more than enuf to try stopping the spread of covid they've lost millions of pounds but now no passport no entry Is fuckin pure pish so now I won't get to a game again now at least this season but I can go sleep way a wee hairy on the green thats bran new 🤬

Back