Orangeman starts new Griffiths row

Antrim man myself Jinky, but prefer the small balls. The fastest/greatest field sport in the world, Hurling.
When I was a nipper visiting the old country, my uncle took me to see the red men at the hurling.

TV doesn't do it justice. The pace was mental and the hits were feckin brutal. It was the skill that got me though, deft wee flicks and taps. Keepie-ups and the accuracy in getting that wee thing up the field.

Terrifying being a spectator though........especially when that wee missile was coming towards your general direction.

When I was a nipper visiting the old country, my uncle took me to see the red men at the hurling.

TV doesn't do it justice. The pace was mental and the hits were feckin brutal. It was the skill that got me though, deft wee flicks and taps. Keepie-ups and the accuracy in getting that wee thing up the field.

Terrifying being a spectator though........especially when that wee missile was coming towards your general direction.
Great game sp, but the footballers would beat the fuck outta hurlers all day long, but don't tell that to an Antrim man!

Great game sp, but the footballers would beat the fuck outta hurlers all day long, but don't tell that to an Antrim man!
Not so sure Deadner about that, but been more of a football fan than hurling it's a shame the game has gone down hill compared to hurling and must say a great game of hurling is really an unrivalled sport in terms of speed, skill, toughness and lunatics

Not so sure Deadner about that, but been more of a football fan than hurling it's a shame the game has gone down hill compared to hurling and must say a great game of hurling is really an unrivalled sport in terms of speed, skill, toughness and lunatics
Think some of the footballers are now seeing a pathway into soccer and rugby now and the lucrative contracts that go with those sports.

There are some players trying to develop tenuous links to other counties now, especially those counties where there are 'incentives' to remain 'amateur' (ahem........hope there aren't any jackeens watching).

Not so sure Deadner about that, but been more of a football fan than hurling it's a shame the game has gone down hill compared to hurling and must say a great game of hurling is really an unrivalled sport in terms of speed, skill, to
statistics show that there are a lot more injuries in football than hurling. I don't dispute the fact that a good game of hurling is great to watch, but a bad game is dire. Football is the same. I was only trying to wind up the Antrim man. I will say there are a lot more fights in football than hurling and the modern day game is seriously physical. But at the end of the day I'm a football man and if I'm honest, if I had the choice between an under 10 football match or a county hurling match, I'd be watching the under 10's.

Think some of the footballers are now seeing a pathway into soccer and rugby now and the lucrative contracts that go with those sports.

There are some players trying to develop tenuous links to other counties now, especially those counties where there are 'incentives' to remain 'amateur' (ahem........hope there aren't any jackeens watching).
Most of the Dublin players don't work, but ye need to be careful sp, John could be a dub and he might fall out with ye over that term ye used!

Most of the Dublin players don't work, but ye need to be careful sp, John could be a dub and he might fall out with ye over that term ye used!
Past the point of caring aboot the dubs, D. It's just a tourist destination now for the English stag and hen parties.

Still think they're the kings of the all of Ireland too and they revelled in that whole 'Celtic dragon' pish and bankrupt the entire country!

I apologise to any dubs, but I took my lead fae the ald fella and as a proud Corker, he wasn't a big fan.

The Jack's have ruined the football and the gaa has let that happen over money. Amazing how money has such an influence on a sport that likes to claim it is amateur.
Everything in Ireland is all Dublin based and leaves every other county at a huge disadvantage..
The gaa want Dublin for a guaranteed bumper pay day in Croke Park.
That's where the hurling has taken over with better competition and operate on a more even playing field..
Even in a dual county like Galway the hurlers have more clout than the footballers

Past the point of caring aboot the dubs, D. It's just a tourist destination now for the English stag and hen parties.

Still think they're the kings of the all of Ireland too and they revelled in that whole 'Celtic dragon' pish and bankrupt the entire country!

I apologise to any dubs, but I took my lead fae the ald fella and as a proud Corker, he wasn't a big fan.
Did he always make the claim he came from the real capital of lreland sp

The old term jackeens can be a sore one for the dubs alright, East Coast brits really sets them off altogether

Back