Our new "Disco Lights" will debut on Thursday

CalumHH

http://www.celticfc.net/news/15198

Secure your place now for what promises to be another memorable European night under the Paradise lights and you’ll also be one of the first to enjoy the highly anticipated pre-match lightshow.

ARRIVE EARLY and settle in to your seat for 7:45pm when the lightshow is due to get underway.

Prepare for Paradise to be plunged into darkness, before being lit up like never before as we crank up the legendary atmosphere throughout the build up to kick-off at 8pm.

Get involved as the lightshow comes to a close with a rousing rendition of You’ll Never Walk Alone from the stands, before the teams make their way on to the pitch at 7:55pm.

Key technical details of the lightshow will be made available on www.celticfc.net prior to the match next week.

I don't really know why we got these, they work in the Amsterdam Arena because it has a retractable roof to keep daylight out so ours won't really work during most league matches during the daytime. Can't really use them during European qualification as it's still too light come KO so that leaves us with only maybe 3 Euro games around this time of year (maybe more if we get through the group) and the odd midweek late kick off.

Does anyone know if the do actually work well in daylight? It certainly won't have the same effect as they will when it's dark out.

I'm guessing we were going to upgrade our lights anyway and just got these as well for the sake of it.

I thought the roof and other stadium facilities could have used the money better. Hopefully i'm proved wrong.

Here's a clip of the lightshow being tested out.

Looks amazing!! Can't wait to experience it I was in the Allianz arena last year and their lightshow blew me away I'm sure this will be the same. We'll be the talk of the wash hoose haha..

It does look incredible and with an excited Celtic crowd during the show it will be even better!

My only concern was how often they will get used but the more i think about it if they are only being used a few nights a year it will make it more special when we do see them.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/15198

Secure your place now for what promises to be another memorable European night under the Paradise lights and you’ll also be one of the first to enjoy the highly anticipated pre-match lightshow.

ARRIVE EARLY and settle in to your seat for 7:45pm when the lightshow is due to get underway.

Prepare for Paradise to be plunged into darkness, before being lit up like never before as we crank up the legendary atmosphere throughout the build up to kick-off at 8pm.

Get involved as the lightshow comes to a close with a rousing rendition of You’ll Never Walk Alone from the stands, before the teams make their way on to the pitch at 7:55pm.

Key technical details of the lightshow will be made available on www.celticfc.net prior to the match next week.

I don't really know why we got these, they work in the Amsterdam Arena because it has a retractable roof to keep daylight out so ours won't really work during most league matches during the daytime. Can't really use them during European qualification as it's still too light come KO so that leaves us with only maybe 3 Euro games around this time of year (maybe more if we get through the group) and the odd midweek late kick off.

Does anyone know if the do actually work well in daylight? It certainly won't have the same effect as they will when it's dark out.

I'm guessing we were going to upgrade our lights anyway and just got these as well for the sake of it.

I thought the roof and other stadium facilities could have used the money better. Hopefully i'm proved wrong.

Here's a clip of the lightshow being tested out.

Thanks for that Calum, i think it looks brilliant and is a stand out feature certainly in Scotland.

Just hoping no one in the rafters gets caught on the railingless stairs which are bad enough never mind if the lightshow starts.

??

It does look incredible and with an excited Celtic crowd during the show it will be even better!

My only concern was how often they will get used but the more i think about it if they are only being used a few nights a year it will make it more special when we do see them.
A bit like the Champions League nights then. Only a few a season but spine tingling all the same.

Would much rather have had piccini ,Mcginn & our other main target.Did’nt take my Europa League tickets,I’ve loved my team for about 40 years now but that was my protest against not getting our targets & all the unnecessary attention brought on us.We had the chance in the summer to make strides in the champions league and never took it so for me disco lights don’t cut it.I’ll always want us to win but under different circumstances,the kind that make us progress.Our best nights are under the lights in champions league nights and it’s a trophy we’re well attached to.We’re well capable of getting there every season,it is hard but it’s champions league or nothing for me.HH

;) I sense a few, "Ah fell doon the stairs durin' the disco show," compen/sickline claims in the works...

Don't want to be a killjoy but...
Do the lights come with a disclaimer for those affected by epilepsy - as flashing lights of this type can trigger episodes .

TBH, waste of money not that impressed, maybe it will look better if you're there but that musics shyte too. A banana skin waiting to happen. Claims-R-us are sharpening their pencils.

TBH, waste of money not that impressed, maybe it will look better if you're there but that musics shyte too. A banana skin waiting to happen. Claims-R-us are sharpening their pencils.
I don't think it's a waste of money,What it's doing is adding a bit of glamour to our games and as being the 1st in Britain to get them watch the rest copy.

I don't think it's a waste of money,What it's doing is adding a bit of glamour to our games and as being the 1st in Britain to get them watch the rest copy.
I'd rather the money was spent on players that would have kept us in the CL. Now that's what you call glamour. HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back