Outrage and where is it?

I remember being sent for an interview to a yard in Govan for a YTS plumbing 'job'. This was 84/85 and I had no intention of actually taking it but it was the first and only time I was asked the "what school did you go to?" question. By 1986 I was working full time in London.
In between both those events my pal's brother in law got us both a start in the Glasgow Meat Market (slaughterhouse). I had no idea but by the end of the first day I was in no doubt where me and my pal stood. It may as well have been an Orange Lodge and it was clear neither of us was ever going to progress beyond the squeegee brushes they handed us that first morning. My mate completed the week because he wanted at least a week's wages, I jacked in after the first day. The following week we both went up there to get what we were owed and to my surprise and delight the cunts weighed me in for the week too! They hadn't even noticed I quit after the first day! Lovely.

I remember being sent for an interview to a yard in Govan for a YTS plumbing 'job'. This was 84/85 and I had no intention of actually taking it but it was the first and only time I was asked the "what school did you go to?" question. By 1986 I was working full time in London.
In between both those events my pal's brother in law got us both a start in the Glasgow Meat Market (slaughterhouse). I had no idea but by the end of the first day I was in no doubt where me and my pal stood. It may as well have been an Orange Lodge and it was clear neither of us was ever going to progress beyond the squeegee brushes they handed us that first morning. My mate completed the week because he wanted at least a week's wages, I jacked in after the first day. The following week we both went up there to get what we were owed and to my surprise and delight the cunts weighed me in for the week too! They hadn't even noticed I quit after the first day! Lovely.

If that's what it was like here, just imagine how it was for Catholics in Norn Irn. Shocking!

In my type of work after years of being discriminated against and unfairly treated a I finally realised if I wanted get the type of job I had trained for I would have to leave scotland which I did in 1997 and have never looked back in terms of my work .

Ironically since then the only times I have come up against discrimination and sectarianism is on the occasions I have had international contracts which involved dealing with scottish management or administration . Eventually I even started to give my US colleagues a heads up on what to expect when dealing with these scottish Hun types and the real meaning behind the unusual out of context questions that would be asked

My daughter graduated 10 Years ago with a BA degree she mentioned
to our GP that she had applied to both the BBC and ST V for an internship.He wished her good luck and advised that they were selective in whom they employed,she got the message.
Needless to say neither acknowledged her application.
Although she secured a good job it is not related to her degree.

Members online

Latest posts

Back