Outrage and where is it?

Weather anybody has feelings for the Klan,
Rankers, or whatever the thread was about racial abuse that has absolutely no place in a civilised society...never will have! And lets not be two faced about this if that shout ever comes from a hoops fan..l would like to think he would be held accountable! HH
You know what TGS.

I had to have a wee shake to myself when we had that carry-on with the Chinese ads a couple of weeks ago.

I was annoyed at myself for slipping back to some of the old stereotypes and cliches.

That's not the person I want to be and it served as a warning to me.

Weather anybody has feelings for the Klan,
Rankers, or whatever the thread was about racial abuse that has absolutely no place in a civilised society...never will have! And lets not be two faced about this if that shout ever comes from a hoops fan..l would like to think he would be held accountable! HH
ah'm a citizen of the world TGw and my sympathies lie with all downtrodden people,no matter their creed or colour,i just hate the haters,is that a contradiction!o_O phuq it, geeza stella!

Have you Tony bhoy?
Aye mate get it alot from certain site managers in work dont mind a bit of banter but can tell some have got it in for me.Could sort it out but then i lose my job and wouldnae give them the satisfaction been there 17 years.Ano im goin to something different but remember a few years ago a taxi driver telling me his mate had a company and they were looking through application forms and ripping up every Catholic/Irish sounding felt like skelpin the cunt.

Aye mate get it alot from certain site managers in work dont mind a bit of banter but can tell some have got it in for me.Could sort it out but then i lose my job and wouldnae give them the satisfaction been there 17 years.Ano im goin to something different but remember a few years ago a taxi driver telling me his mate had a company and they were looking through application forms and ripping up every Catholic/Irish sounding felt like skelpin the cunt.
I worked with a mob from Larkhall and this one boasted about no liking green, he threw a green penguin biscuit and stamped on it, we were going up the scaffolding and he was behingd me i let a roll of tarmac fall on his head, that was him in his place, wanker.

Bare with me...there's a point here. My wee girl is very proud of her Scottishness (Is that a word?) Her mum is English. My wee girl is 7 and knows the history of Celtic. Why we were formed. The causes we support. What we stand for. She tells people she is 100% Scottish 50% English (she's 7, her maths will get better). She knows about Irish immigration to Scotland. She knows how the Irish were treated. "It's better now but daddy"..that what she says to me. They were talking about race in school. "People in England are mean about people with different colours of skin...I bet Scotland is better" How do I tell my daughter who is very proud of her Scottishness (still not sure if its a word) that our country seems to be getting worse...that anti-irish and anti-catholic hate crime is on the rise. How racism seems to go unchallenged. Makes me sad....not sure there is a point as stated at the beginning of my post. Sorry ?
She is only seven. No need to change her view of the world just yet mate. Sounds as if she could lecture us all about how the world should work.
HH

Back