Packed defences

John Sweeney

Just watching PSG v Guincamp in French League Cup ( I think) . All PSG but even with a zillion pounds’ worth of talent in their team they are still toiling to break down a disciplined packed defence and still 0 0 38 minutes in Sometimes I think we are too hard on Celtic who face that type of thing nearly every week. It is tough

Glad I watched that. 22 to 1 outsiders came back to win 2 1 in what pundits described as one of biggest shocks ever. PSG had won this 5 times in row but now out in quarter final. Belief in France that refs never give penalties against PSG at hone but Guincamp got three and scored two. Ref then booked PSG man for blatant dive for penalty in last seconds and their stars went mad. Cavani, Neymar and other couple booked. As Ibsay, good packed defence can frustrate football genius

Glad I watched that. 22 to 1 outsiders came back to win 2 1 in what pundits described as one of biggest shocks ever. PSG had won this 5 times in row but now out in quarter final. Belief in France that refs never give penalties against PSG at hone but Guincamp got three and scored two. Ref then booked PSG man for blatant dive for penalty in last seconds and their stars went mad. Cavani, Neymar and other couple booked. As Ibsay, good packed defence can frustrate football genius
Agree mate its the only way to play a team like PSG unless you're one of the other top dogs.

The thing is...not only do we need to breakdown packed defences...we have to overcome the dirty cheating MIB who give us nothing and let the thugs attack our players with impunity without any sanction or protection

One of the issues we've had recently is not having an effective Plan B.

It might not be to our liking, but sometimes you need to throw things in the mixer and see what pops-up.

Hopefully that may have been addressed with the new signings, it wasn't too bad when MON's sides used Sutty, BBJ, Bobo, Joos and Johan to put the fear into them.

Nothing wrong with a bit of agricultural from time-to-time.

Probably playing in Europe away from home it would be wise to pack out the defence only problem we seem incapable of doing it don't know wether it's a lack of concentration or the players being so used to trying to break down defences in our league all the time can't cope with the change and end up giving the ball away easily or concede free kick in the last third too often

Members online

Latest posts

Back