Paddy Roberts , really??

Unbelievable identity politics there bud. Decima is just a Spanish term for 'Tenth' It's not the property of any football team. It was used to describe the holy grail of 10 European wins but it's certainly not fascist terminology. Get Real - or would that be called a fascist term as well by the snowflakes? I despair.

Your earlier message said we should call it the Decima so that "when we are asked to explain it we can show our extensive knowledge".

That sounds like a shite reason to do anything. At best it's pretentious and at worst it's something I'd expect to hear from a mouth breathing hun with "Carpe Diem" misspelled on his arm: Na ah mean man? Wur pure goan fur thi dec-i-ma, man, un tha makes us soun pure dead brainy man cus it's pure dead Spanish int it? It's cus wur goan for ten doadgy penalties in a row, na wi ah mean man?

Your earlier message said we should call it the Decima so that "when we are asked to explain it we can show our extensive knowledge".

That sounds like a shite reason to do anything.
Excactly, Larry7!

I have no idea what Dr. Decima is compensating for by consistently talking down to everyone on this forum, as if we are all simpletons and he is the all-knowing font of knowledge and wisdom.

He would know, obviously, because he's the mental health professional.

Yet despite bringing us a self-centered study on the Celtic support, a corner kick play to end all corner kick plays, and a study on the success/failure of goalkeepers based on the colour of their kits (ignoring, of course, the ability of the goalkeepers who are wearing them), his is a pitiful act that got old really quickly.

It makes one wonder -- but not for long, because there are far more important things to think about -- whether he is that way just behind the keyboard or in real life as well.

this thread reminds me of this book

w204.jpg

a corner kick play to end all corner kick plays,

Hows that work i must have missed that post
Well, about a year ago the good doctor had this brainstorm about a corner kick and posted it on a thread. Unfortunately, I cannot search back to find the thread, though I did find an exchange I had in another thread referencing it.

Sadly the idea was not as original as he thought: I think what he was describing looked like this, and had been done before in the Bunesliga.

Excactly, Larry7!

I have no idea what Dr. Decima is compensating for by consistently talking down to everyone on this forum, as if we are all simpletons and he is the all-knowing font of knowledge and wisdom.

He would know, obviously, because he's the mental health professional.

Yet despite bringing us a self-centered study on the Celtic support, a corner kick play to end all corner kick plays, and a study on the success/failure of goalkeepers based on the colour of their kits (ignoring, of course, the ability of the goalkeepers who are wearing them), his is a pitiful act that got old really quickly.

It makes one wonder -- but not for long, because there are far more important things to think about -- whether he is that way just behind the keyboard or in real life as well.
I make no apology for being an out of the box thinker. Presumably too far out of the box for some. I've been like that all of my life and is part of the reason I left Scotland as the box there is particularly narrow minded and intolerant. We call it the tall poppy syndrome. A recent thread wondered why so few members ever make a post. I think you have just supplied the answer. Perhaps they appreciate the ad hominen barbs that are apparently tolerated by the loose moderation. Do you really think that there can be no innovation in football. That it always has to be played in the same way. That it never evolves. That it is predictable. In 1967 I watched a Celtic team that lined up in a 2-3-5 formation and every player was born within a 30 km radius of the stadium. 25 years later I watched a Glasgow derby and the only Scotsman on the park was the referee.
Have you ever heard of Dick Fosbury? He was mocked. Till he won. Have you ever heard of Thomas Gronnemark? Liverpool introduced a throw-in coach and Klopp even admitted at the time that he had never heard of the concept. https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/...-liverpools-throw-in-coach-thomas-gronnemark/
Who's laughing at Liverpool now?
Celtic are consistently appalling at throw ins. Every one is made up on the spot. How many options does the throw in taker tend to have. Do the other 9 outfield players know their role at a throw-in. Why not? Why is Bauer the only player who can take a long throw? Why did I take a cheeky last minute penalty in 1974 2 years before TV viewers were shocked by Antonin Panenka who won Euro 1976 for Czechoslovakia?
As a mental health professional I have been appalled at the ambulance at the foot of the cliff approach to the many Celtic players who have experienced mental health problems. I introduced prophylactic psychotherapy sessions in family medicine for the staff and was widely mocked by fellow doctors for the innovation. But not now. I've a thick skin. Rant over. Bring on some football.

Last edited:
I make no apology for being an out of the box thinker. Presumably too far out of the box for some. I've been like that all of my life and is part of the reason I left Scotland as the box there is particularly narrow minded and intolerant. We call it the tall poppy syndrome. A recent thread wondered why so few members ever make a post. I think you have just supplied the answer. Perhaps they appreciate the ad hominen barbs that are apparently tolerated by the loose moderation. Do you really think that there can be no innovation in football. That it always has to be played in the same way. That it never evolves. That it is predictable. In 1967 I watched a Celtic team that lined up in a 2-3-5 formation and every player was born within a 30 km radius of the stadium. 25 years later I watched a Glasgow derby and the only Scotsman on the park was the referee.
Have you ever heard of Dick Fosbury? He was mocked. Till he won. Have you ever heard of Thomas Gronnemark? Liverpool introduced a throw-in coach and Klopp even admitted at the time that he had never heard of the concept. https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/...-liverpools-throw-in-coach-thomas-gronnemark/
Celtic are consistently appalling at throw ins. Every one is made up on the spot. How many options does the throw in taker tend to have. Do the other 9 outfield players know their role at a throw-in. Why not? Why is Bauer the only player who can take a long throw? Why did I take a cheeky last minute penalty in 1974 2 years before TV viewers were shocked by Antonin Panenka who won Euro 1976 for Czechoslovakia?
As a mental health professional I have been appalled at the ambulance at the foot of the cliff approach to the many Celtic players who have experienced mental health problems. I introduced prophylactic psychotherapy sessions in family medicine for the staff and was widely mocked by fellow doctors for the innovation. But not now. I've a thick skin. Rant over. Bring on some football.
😂😂 ohh dear so you invented the panenka tae as well as sorting out world sport 😂😂 maybe you could sort out world hunger in yer spare time 😂😂😂 back in yer box 🙈😂😂😂 David icke😂😂

Last edited by a moderator:

Very good post...I've absolutely no idea why some people are ripping into you...at least you think for yourself

Members online

Latest posts

Back