Paddy Roberts , really??

Very good post...I've absolutely no idea why some people are ripping into you...at least you think for yourself
Thinks for himself ffs , here’s wan then efter i invented the wheel and started a fire I moved oan my best invention was probably the television or maybe the internal combustion engine rockets I invented efter ma tea and when I invented a computer the internet just seemed to come tae me 😂😂😂😂 aw shite but thinking for myself 😂😂😂😂😂

Thinks for himself ffs , here’s wan then efter i invented the wheel and started a fire I moved oan my best invention was probably the television or maybe the internal combustion engine rockets I invented efter ma tea and when I invented a computer the internet just seemed to come tae me 😂😂😂😂 aw shite but thinking for myself 😂😂😂😂😂

I honestly don't mind the fellas posts at all big man... At least he never invented soccer 🤣🤣🤣

I make no apology for being an out of the box thinker. Presumably too far out of the box for some. I've been like that all of my life and is part of the reason I left Scotland as the box there is particularly narrow minded and intolerant. We call it the tall poppy syndrome. A recent thread wondered why so few members ever make a post. I think you have just supplied the answer. Perhaps they appreciate the ad hominen barbs that are apparently tolerated by the loose moderation. Do you really think that there can be no innovation in football. That it always has to be played in the same way. That it never evolves. That it is predictable. In 1967 I watched a Celtic team that lined up in a 2-3-5 formation and every player was born within a 30 km radius of the stadium. 25 years later I watched a Glasgow derby and the only Scotsman on the park was the referee.
Have you ever heard of Dick Fosbury? He was mocked. Till he won. Have you ever heard of Thomas Gronnemark? Liverpool introduced a throw-in coach and Klopp even admitted at the time that he had never heard of the concept. https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/...-liverpools-throw-in-coach-thomas-gronnemark/
Who's laughing at Liverpool now?
Celtic are consistently appalling at throw ins. Every one is made up on the spot. How many options does the throw in taker tend to have. Do the other 9 outfield players know their role at a throw-in. Why not? Why is Bauer the only player who can take a long throw? Why did I take a cheeky last minute penalty in 1974 2 years before TV viewers were shocked by Antonin Panenka who won Euro 1976 for Czechoslovakia?
As a mental health professional I have been appalled at the ambulance at the foot of the cliff approach to the many Celtic players who have experienced mental health problems. I introduced prophylactic psychotherapy sessions in family medicine for the staff and was widely mocked by fellow doctors for the innovation. But not now. I've a thick skin. Rant over. Bring on some football.

I’ve always had a bit of a think about your posts doc.....and to be frank (yea I’m expecting the “frank” comments 😉) I’ve agreed with a few of them

In my view your comments are at worse interesting and at best thought provoking.....personally I welcome your contributions.....folks might not always agree with them but they are yours.....and if we profess to be open to all then imo we have to be seen to be open to the views of all.....and where we don’t agree let’s debate matters in a civil manner.....the all inclusive part obviously doesn’t include Huns and their acolytes 😉

Aha Big Ian is unmasked at last

Well, about a year ago the good doctor had this brainstorm about a corner kick and posted it on a thread. Unfortunately, I cannot search back to find the thread, though I did find an exchange I had in another thread referencing it.

Sadly the idea was not as original as he thought: I think what he was describing looked like this, and had been done before in the Bunesliga.

Is That It
They did that years ago in an amatuer leg game played in a country by folk who lived there life in a box and see at the next corner ,,,,,,,,,,, the box folk on the opposing team stuck a guy on the post and cancelled it out ground breaking it wasn't

I’ve always had a bit of a think about your posts doc.....and to be frank (yea I’m expecting the “frank” comments 😉) I’ve agreed with a few of them

In my view your comments are at worse interesting and at best thought provoking.....personally I welcome your contributions.....folks might not always agree with them but they are yours.....and if we profess to be open to all then imo we have to be seen to be open to the views of all.....and where we don’t agree let’s debate matters in a civil manner.....the all inclusive part obviously doesn’t include Huns and their acolytes 😉
😴😴😴😴

This whole Decima thing got me thinking. Look at the calendar, Sept 7, Oct 8, Nov 9 Dec 10. I think we should go back to a 10 month year. Everyone would technically live longer and anyone on a salary would earn more.
We'd have to chose which 2 months to get rid of and I would vote February as it's a dismal waste of a month and July so there'd never be another 12th.
Who's with me?

If we used that metric then Fraser wouldn't be here. Paddy is a brilliant player and has the vision and ability to split a defence with a pass and dribble by them. I would take him back in a second. I must confess my usual disdain for every rumour prevails and won't believe any until they are standing looking like a fanny holding up a scarf.

Sutton is another that shows even if players are having a hard time, they can blossom with us. Paddy loves us and I for one love the wee cunt right back..
Paddy was good for us,scoring goals and pulling two or three opponents out of position and creating space for team mates.HH

This whole Decima thing got me thinking. Look at the calendar, Sept 7, Oct 8, Nov 9 Dec 10. I think we should go back to a 10 month year. Everyone would technically live longer and anyone on a salary would earn more.
We'd have to chose which 2 months to get rid of and I would vote February as it's a dismal waste of a month and July so there'd never be another 12th.
Who's with me?
By chance, are you a flat earther? A few things you’d need to iron out, the earth takes 365.4 days to orbit the sun (1 year) chopping 2 months of every year would result in xmas falling in June/July after 3 years of your idea (no snow, kids can’t go sledging or make snowmen) and us all going on our “summer“ holidays in the winter (You’d need to leave your Speedo’s at home and take your big coat) best to stay aff the stella’s in the afternoon mate🤣🤣

By chance, are you a flat earther? A few things you’d need to iron out, the earth takes 365.4 days to orbit the sun (1 year) chopping 2 months of every year would result in xmas falling in June/July after 3 years of your idea (no snow, kids can’t go sledging or make snowmen) and us all going on our “summer“ holidays in the winter (You’d need to leave your Speedo’s at home and take your big coat) best to stay aff the stella’s in the afternoon mate🤣🤣
No drinks since last night and not a flat earther. I don't celebrate xmas and hate hot weather so still a win win for me.

:rolleyes: it's flat there was a guy on here who telt us all

Members online

Latest posts

Back