Paddy Roberts?

Patrick Roberts was born to play for Celtic.

Ntcham to Man City and Paddy to Celtic + £12M to us.

Use the £12M to offer Boyata a new lucrative contract and extend Benkovic's contract for another year with an agreed option to purchase at contracts end.

Buy an Eastern European striker we've been scouting.

Ralston to come good and be slowyl introduced at right back. Easy peasy.

It depends on how ambitious our board are. Do they want to move us up a gear? Fucking fed up hearing that, I want to see it. Paddy isn’t an either or, he would be a part of that strategy. Do I have faith in our board? No I don’t. So you’re probably right.

Patrick Roberts was born to play for Celtic.

Ntcham to Man City and Paddy to Celtic + £12M to us.

Use the £12M to offer Boyata a new lucrative contract and extend Benkovic's contract for another year with an agreed option to purchase at contracts end.

Buy an Eastern European striker we've been scouting.

Ralston to come good and be slowyl introduced at right back. Easy peasy.

What makes you think City want to recoup Ntcham? This is fantasy stuff. The likes of Porto have asked about him, that's a good couple of steps below City's level.

Besides if we did what you said, we would get a good player (Paddy) for a position that is already well served (by Forrest) while losing a starting midfielder and considerably ramping up our wage bill.

What we need is for our scouting team to finally do their job properly and find two CBs and a RB* who are young, within our price, and with the potential to sell for a few times what they cost down the line.

You know, the kind of thing good teams regularly do and we haven't been capable of doing for two consecutive windows now.

*yes Ralston is okay but neither him nor Lustig/Gamboa should be our starters come next year. We should aim higher at this moment.

Forrest is on fire at the moment and if paddy did come back he would have to be flying to have forrest benched. I can’t see it. Forrest for me. ☘️
As you say Maria, Forrest on fire at the MOMENT but how many moments are in his season. Bringing back Paddy would put pressure on all the wide men and that includes The Verdict

What makes you think City want to recoup Ntcham? This is fantasy stuff. The likes of Porto have asked about him, that's a good couple of steps below City's level.

Besides if we did what you said, we would get a good player (Paddy) for a position that is already well served (by Forrest) while losing a starting midfielder and considerably ramping up our wage bill.

What we need is for our scouting team to finally do their job properly and find two CBs and a RB* who are young, within our price, and with the potential to sell for a few times what they cost down the line.

You know, the kind of thing good teams regularly do and we haven't been capable of doing for two consecutive windows now.

*yes Ralston is okay but neither him nor Lustig/Gamboa should be our starters come next year. We should aim higher at this moment.
If not for injuries, Ralston could have been our regular R.B. and pushed Lustig to C.B. Think we should scout the old Eastern Bloc Countries as they can control the ball, can tackle and score goals.

If not for injuries, Ralston could have been our regular R.B. and pushed Lustig to C.B. Think we should scout the old Eastern Bloc Countries as they can control the ball, can tackle and score goals.
Ralstons pish don't rate him at all

bit harsh anthony,he's only 19, could improve, might be the answer, might not,only game time will tell, only a couple of months ago i was saying get rid of christie!!!!
Just don't see real quality there watched him a few times on loan at Utd and thought he was garbage.Christie done well at ICT and Aberdeen think you could see he had the talent even then

Like Michael said, we tend to forget that Ralston is just 19 (turns 20 on Friday btw).

The jury's still out and he may well prove worthy of a spot, but he's no KT or CalMac (not fair comparisons in any way, obviously).

Lustig is past his expiring date as a starter, but if he wants to stay as it appears to be the case, on slightly lowered wages, so be it. Have Ralston back, punt Gamboa and find a serviceable RB together with our centre back replacements.

It's just three good signings we need this January, really: CB, striker and RB (this could wait until the summer). Then another CB in June if Boyata ends up leaving.

If we have already done that OR the manager gets a guarantee from Lawwell that the money needed for those replacements is already earmarked, then we can go for Paddy if he wants to come and City settle for the kind of money Celtic can offer.

Odds are it won't happen because many things have to go the right way. The player has to want it over better wages and/or a bigger league, the club has to want it and prioritise it enough, and City have to accept it instead of going for a bigger sum.

Like Michael said, we tend to forget that Ralston is just 19 (turns 20 on Friday btw).

The jury's still out and he may well prove worthy of a spot, but he's no KT or CalMac (not fair comparisons in any way, obviously).

Lustig is past his expiring date as a starter, but if he wants to stay as it appears to be the case, on slightly lowered wages, so be it. Have Ralston back, punt Gamboa and find a serviceable RB together with our centre back replacements.

It's just three good signings we need this January, really: CB, striker and RB (this could wait until the summer). Then another CB in June if Boyata ends up leaving.

If we have already done that OR the manager gets a guarantee from Lawwell that the money needed for those replacements is already earmarked, then we can go for Paddy if he wants to come and City settle for the kind of money Celtic can offer.

Odds are it won't happen because many things have to go the right way. The player has to want it over better wages and/or a bigger league, the club has to want it and prioritise it enough, and City have to accept it instead of going for a bigger sum.
Agree with most of what you say. However it's still possible that Celtic will sell Boyata in January rather than let him go for nothing next summer. Also i don't see any good reason not to strengthen sooner at RB. A quality proven player if we can to help us move forward. Lustig has served us well but it's time to move on.
HH?

Agree with most of what you say. However it's still possible that Celtic will sell Boyata in January rather than let him go for nothing next summer. Also i don't see any good reason not to strengthen sooner at RB. A quality proven player if we can to help us move forward. Lustig has served us well but it's time to move on.
HH?
aye stevie we could lose boyata and benkovic!! thats a feckin problem and sorry big mika's done, we defo need a right back,somebody mentioned jenkinson fae arsenal,could be clickbait pish but i do see defence becomin a real problem/ongoing feckin problem, and that's another reason why ah drink!!!

aye stevie we could lose boyata and benkovic!! thats a feckin problem and sorry big mika's done, we defo need a right back,somebody mentioned jenkinson fae arsenal,could be clickbait pish but i do see defence becomin a real problem/ongoing feckin problem, and that's another reason why ah drink!!!
For medicinal problems cos i have the same condition. Cheers? and HH?

Given the fall-out from Brexit, I'd expect Roberts to have plenty of offers. However, if we could get him then I'd be very happy to see him back in the hoops.

I have seen absolutely nothing to suggest young Ralston is the answer. If he was anywhere near it, with Lustig suffering and Gamboa being too disaster prone he would have had his chance. The fact he hasn’t suggests Rogers isn’t convinced either.

We all want to see our own coming through, but only if they are good enough. I just don’t think Ralston is. I do think he should be given a chance though, he would need to have improved from the form he showed when he was given a chance before.

HH?

Remember that from January 1st on Boyata is free to negotiate with any club and so it's not really in our hands and we won't be able to sell him unless he is on a hurry to leave, and it doesn't seem so. It's a paradox, but money-wise it'd be better for us if he was miserable and not playing right now, because he might be looking for a team to pay for him now. But if he secures a nice contract on a Bosman he can stay for a go at the 3Treble and then just leave.

Members online

Back