Palestinians

People highlighting injustice and indiscriminate killing doesn't serve any agenda, jinxy.

I think everyone agrees that there are extremists in every large accumulation of people. It is not confined to religion or politics, these features can also be found in football stadiums, rock concerts and any other event where large numbers congregate.

Hesbollah and Hamas are not representative of Islam. Mossad is not reflective of Judaism. Each of the major religious groups have divisions and separate interpretations of their respective scriptures and a country's political leaders are not always representative of the popular vote.

Anyone who condones and endorses the systematic destruction of the Jewish population is only as evil as anyone who condones the systematic destruction of Muslims.

It is the acts of violence across the board that concern me and if there is any agenda to be served, then it is only to condemn any act of violence which results in the maiming, injury and death of unwilling participants and innocent civilians.

In saying that, every single person on the planet is subject to criticism and calling out a right-wing dictatorial regime is not an affront to Judaism or anti-semitic and it should not be used as an excuse to influence or impact upon political behaviours.

Many of the contributors in this thread have been supportive of Judaism, it is the political systems within Israel that are the subject of criticism, particularly those that support intense mortaring on the West Bank.

I don't believe anyone has condoned or endorsed the verbiage of Hamas and Hesbollah. These groups are also an affront to humanity, but violence begets violence and when hostilities are played out as they are in this environment, is it any wonder that the rhetoric becomes so pronounced?

Apparently if you give a feck about innocent children being bombed from their homes in gaza you are a supporter of Hamas, must have missed that post, and while some loonballs in Hamas go on about the destruction of the Jewish people, some people rightly condemn it but not a word said about the same language coming from right wing religious Jews in the Knesset.
Borderline imperialism cheerleaders.

Anyone wishing to know more about the apartheid state of Israel should read the book, The Fateful Triangle, Israel the United States and the Palestinians, by Noam Chomsky.
Chomsky himself grew up in a Zionist minded household in the US.
He even went to live on a kibbutz in Israel. A truly powerful book which is fully referenced.
The Palestinians are fucked. The right wing settler Israelis and their political party (don't know it's name) hold the balance of power ( kinda like the DUP). So when the Goverment is formed it will pander to the nutters who hold the balance of power.
We have to be careful though in the language we use when discussing this.
Not all Jewish people support the actions of Israel. We can be critical of Israel and zionists. The Israeli left wing newspaper Haretz said this week that Israel is an apartheid state. Many Israelis are opposed to the settlements too.
Have been reading noam Chomsky for a good few years now and have to say he is unbelievable correct. And not just about Palestine,America pan worldwide politics and the rise of the super rich agenda wish more people would access him.HH ☘☘

Have been reading noam Chomsky for a good few years now and have to say he is unbelievable correct. And not just about Palestine,America pan worldwide politics and the rise of the super rich agenda wish more people would access him.HH ☘☘
he had a great lecture on bbc world service today Galway,pretty phuqin bleak about the state of world politics today!

he had a great lecture on bbc world service today Galway,pretty phuqin bleak about the state of world politics today!
Yep it’s really scary. Maybe the swing in the future will be away from career politicians and towards business men, with a political allegiance but not having been a politician. Like him or loath him Trump was never a politician and I believe I’m right in saying the French president is a business man and was never a politician. People are so sickened by politicians fighting to keep their noses in the trough maybe they’ve had their day

Yep it’s really scary. Maybe the swing in the future will be away from career politicians and towards business men, with a political allegiance but not having been a politician. Like him or loath him Trump was never a politician and I believe I’m right in saying the French president is a business man and was never a politician. People are so sickened by politicians fighting to keep their noses in the trough maybe they’ve had their day
ah fear for the young team,thank phuq ah'm an auld bastaart who won't be around to see it!

I would say most international Board members of big corporations need to be politically astute. geo-political globalisation is more politics than business in our era.

MBA is more politics and networking than elite business studies from what I hear.

most politicians are also board members of multiple corporations earning massive wages as advisors or non executive directors.

the loony party of all people proposed that all MPs should be forced to wear logo of their benefactors and corporations that they receive remuneration.

never ever been debated in parliament.

I wonder why?

Some Mps don't work for any corporations some work for many

but that's their private concern

they advice corporations but don't ask if they get directives in return.

big scandal that doesn't get much airtime and none that explain it coherently/

city of London square mile is a separate entity almost a principality

the corporations in the square mile all have opportunity to veto through their reps in house of parliament.

city square mile is not a democracy. the bigger the corporation the more votes it gets, the Lord Mayor of London has more power than monarch in the square mile, and the mighty mansion house and its corporation and livery men right down to Beedles are still in operation very very powerful hidden and unelected but chosen to serve city of London.

they have their own courts system and laws.

crown courts run by lordships is for non estates
church courts have no power anymore
4 estates are located in city of London by proxy.

west minister city next door is where queen residence is best door to parliament

lords run city of London through their corporation livery
Monarch has no power without crown approval
monarch is head of church so has vote in city
crown which selects monarch is corporation of london
1st estate is now monarch head of church england
2nd estate is crown which selects the monarch
3rd estate is guilds and merchants usually ceos in city london
4th estate the 3 estates press for propaganda

all 4 are located in corporation of London.

Henry 8th robbed monasteries and split church and state
Cromwell robbed monarch on behalf of the merchants
Charles 2nd re-established the monarch power of merchants
his brother James was threat to monarchy since as catholic Coe would no longer turn blind eye to baron merchant abuse of wealth and probably relocates stolen wealth back with monastery system

glorious revolution smashed power of monarchy England for all time, just like Cromwell but then invented authority to select monarch chosen by rich barons who made their wealth through the piracy of city of London by stealing the church wealth then impoverishing anyone who remained catholic.remained pirates under title of merchant banks in city London which created the empire.

final stage of the reversal of christendom power structures is merchant classes reestablish feudalism but instead of kings owning world it will be corporations run by the masonic merchant class and church destroyed

full circle back to luciferian paganism

but apparently they fail ultimately

so close but no cigar.

masonic merchants and the club of 33

have already established serfdom in their communist totalitarian regimes which make the lions share of merchants wealth while they get serfdom wages

just need to unite globe under their puppet emperor

coming soon maybe

who knows?

I would say most international Board members of big corporations need to be politically astute. geo-political globalisation is more politics than business in our era.

MBA is more politics and networking than elite business studies from what I hear.

most politicians are also board members of multiple corporations earning massive wages as advisors or non executive directors.

the loony party of all people proposed that all MPs should be forced to wear logo of their benefactors and corporations that they receive remuneration.

never ever been debated in parliament.

I wonder why?

Some Mps don't work for any corporations some work for many

but that's their private concern

they advice corporations but don't ask if they get directives in return.

big scandal that doesn't get much airtime and none that explain it coherently/

city of London square mile is a separate entity almost a principality

the corporations in the square mile all have opportunity to veto through their reps in house of parliament.

city square mile is not a democracy. the bigger the corporation the more votes it gets, the Lord Mayor of London has more power than monarch in the square mile, and the mighty mansion house and its corporation and livery men right down to Beedles are still in operation very very powerful hidden and unelected but chosen to serve city of London.

they have their own courts system and laws.

crown courts run by lordships is for non estates
church courts have no power anymore
4 estates are located in city of London by proxy.

west minister city next door is where queen residence is best door to parliament

lords run city of London through their corporation livery
Monarch has no power without crown approval
monarch is head of church so has vote in city
crown which selects monarch is corporation of london
1st estate is now monarch head of church england
2nd estate is crown which selects the monarch
3rd estate is guilds and merchants usually ceos in city london
4th estate the 3 estates press for propaganda

all 4 are located in corporation of London.

Henry 8th robbed monasteries and split church and state
Cromwell robbed monarch on behalf of the merchants
Charles 2nd re-established the monarch power of merchants
his brother James was threat to monarchy since as catholic Coe would no longer turn blind eye to baron merchant abuse of wealth and probably relocates stolen wealth back with monastery system

glorious revolution smashed power of monarchy England for all time, just like Cromwell but then invented authority to select monarch chosen by rich barons who made their wealth through the piracy of city of London by stealing the church wealth then impoverishing anyone who remained catholic.remained pirates under title of merchant banks in city London which created the empire.

final stage of the reversal of christendom power structures is merchant classes reestablish feudalism but instead of kings owning world it will be corporations run by the masonic merchant class and church destroyed

full circle back to luciferian paganism

but apparently they fail ultimately

so close but no cigar.

masonic merchants and the club of 33

have already established serfdom in their communist totalitarian regimes which make the lions share of merchants wealth while they get serfdom wages

just need to unite globe under their puppet emperor

coming soon maybe

who knows?
you got it TET,basically that's why we're all phuqed! new world order,same as the old world order!

When did they become our Arab brothers? When I was in my early 20's up until my mid 30's all I read about was airplanes being hijacked/people ambushed/people kidnapped/athletes taken hostage at the 1972 Munich Olympics!!! Where they our brothers then?????
I know that the Israeli government have taken this two far but they learnt from that era that in battle they are on there own. Also nobody seems to be bothered that Israel is attacked by rocket ? bombs every day, so while I have a bit of sympathy for the pallastine people they are not my
Arab brothers, so not all celtic fans are on the same wavelengths
Hail! Hail!
When you have worked with a child survivor of the holocaust (1979) all members of his family murdered. Went back Poland and the village and cememtry all gone tends to give you an attitude.
Arafat were offered over 96% at the Oslo Accords and recieved the Nobel peace prize. Went back, rejected them and started the infidata. Peace has been made with Egypt and Jordan, strangely Jordan does not want any responsibility for the West Bank and the Abbas run PLA. Egypt never reclaimed the Gaza strip, it blockaded it and 'Hamas'

When you have worked with a child survivor of the holocaust (1979) all members of his family murdered. Went back Poland and the village and cememtry all gone tends to give you an attitude.
Arafat were offered over 96% at the Oslo Accords and recieved the Nobel peace prize. Went back, rejected them and started the infidata. Peace has been made with Egypt and Jordan, strangely Jordan does not want any responsibility for the West Bank and the Abbas run PLA. Egypt never reclaimed the Gaza strip, it blockaded it and 'Hamas'
Well said TT I was at school with a friend Angela 1958. She was a stone in weight for every one of her 6 years and terribly obese. She was my best friend. Her parents were concentration camp survivors and bore their numbers tattooed on their forearms. Her parents having been starved were so psychologically damaged they over fed her in an effort to make sure she would never be hungry. It was absolutely tragic. Only those that lived it know the full horror HH

Well said TT I was at school with a friend Angela 1958. She was a stone in weight for every one of her 6 years and terribly obese. She was my best friend. Her parents were concentration camp survivors and bore their numbers tattooed on their forearms. Her parents having been starved were so psychologically damaged they over fed her in an effort to make sure she would never be hungry. It was absolutely tragic. Only those that lived it know the full horror HH
The guy I met were late 40's but looked 60+. Never married, last of his family. Told me when he died nobody would remember him or his family name. His tattoo on his arm were very faint since he were so tanned. Said about inhumane treatment you could never believe that he had seen, starved and brutalised. Fought in the 67 and Yom Kippur war. So much wanted peace but would never lay down his sword first. Since the world will never make another Israel. Asked him about the nuclear weapons, they are not strategic, cannot be used tactically.
All he said, "If Israel is going down in flames, there will no no Muslim places of worship, only radio active glass beads". A real Armageddon?

Right, so because the Germans were evil to the Jews the Palestinians have their land stolen, their sons and daughters murdered and jailed and the residents of West Bank and Gaza subjected to slow genocide in the biggest camp the world has ever seen (Gaza). Would ye be so sympathetic if their God had given the Zionists Scotland?
Who in their right mind would accept what the Palestinians have had to endure? A God you don't believe in giving your country away to a load of foreigners?( Israel was created in 1948 by UK/US on land that was not theirs to give, the Palestinians call this event the Nakbah, which means catastrophe) Who could or would accept that? Israel does not want peace, they want the complete destruction of the Palestinian people.
Israel scuppered the Oslo accords not the PLO. Israel has stolen land illegally from Lebanon (Sheba farms ares), Jordan (Jerusalem) and Syria (Golan Heights). The Israeli settlements all over the West Bank are all illegal under international law. They are also in breach of UN Security Council resolutions calling on them to return to their 1967 borders. I wonder why they are not held to account for this. Remember what happened to Saddam when he refused to give up land he had stolen in breach of a UN resolution?
The whole world votes against Israel at the UN apart from two countries, Britain and the US ( it used to be three, Apartheid South Africa were staunch supporters too).
There are certain similarities with the Six Counties. Invaders calling the shots in somebody else's hoose, then terrorising the native population.
Rich

Last edited:
Right, so because the Germans were evil to the Jews the Palestinians have their land stolen, their sons and daughters murdered and jailed and the residents of West Bank and Gaza subjected to slow genocide in the biggest camp the world has ever seen (Gaza). Would ye be so sympathetic if their God had given the Zionists Scotland?
Who in their right mind would accept what the Palestinians have had to endure? A God you don't believe in giving your country away to a load of foreigners?( Israel was created in 1948 by UK/US on land that was not theirs to give, the Palestinians call this event the Nakbah, which means catastrophe) Who could or would accept that? Israel does not want peace, they want the complete destruction of the Palestinian people.
Israel scuppered the Oslo accords not the PLO. Israel has stolen land illegally from Lebanon (Sheba farms ares), Jordan (Jerusalem) and Syria (Golan Heights). The Israeli settlements all over the West Bank are all illegal under international law. They are also in breach of UN Security Council resolutions calling on them to return to their 1967 borders. I wonder why they are not held to account for this. Remember what happened to Saddam when he refused to give up land he had stolen in breach of a UN resolution?
The whole world votes against Israel at the UN apart from two countries, Britain and the US ( it used to be three, Apartheid South Africa were staunch supporters too).
There are certain similarities with the Six Counties. Invaders calling the shots in somebody else's hoose, then terrorising the native population.
Rich
I think to also add to that point, Richy, that there is a popular misconception that the worldwide Jewish population are supportive of the Israeli stance.

This is just not the case!

Much of the Jewish population are progressive in their political values and do not endorse or sanction Israel, or its position in the Middle-East.

It's not evidently clear that the indigenous population of Palestine would have provided sanctuary to Jewish settlers; however - much of the evidence suggests they would if the decision hadn't been taken out of their hands by the usual suspects.

And again, I reiterate, this is not a slight against Judaism. It is only a response to a hostile takeover of already claimed land!

The families of the survivors of the atrocity which was the Holocaust deserve our sympathy, far more our support; however - the current regime in Israel are as far removed from a peaceful body, as the fascists who attempted to exterminate their culture in the first instance.

Mrs Richybhoy is an American Armenian, they know all about Genocide. The word was first used to describe to what happened to the Armenian people. (The Armenians are Christian, check oot the monastery on Mount Ararat). What was left of the Armenian people were saved by the USSR when Armenia became a Soviet Republic. My wife's grandmother and her family were saved by their Turkish neighbours but eventually had to flee via Romania then France and from Marseille to the US via Ellis island. An interesting wee story about Grandmothers sister who stayed in the USSR. When Khruschev was touring Yerevan in the 50s, Grandmothers sister threw a note in his car, saying she had not seen her sister since 1921. She was allowed to travel to the US a year later. France is the only country to have an Armenian Memorial Day for the events of 1915-22. Can you guess which group of US citizens oppose Congress recognising these events as Genocide?
Really who cares or even knows what happened to the Armenians? I consider myself a bit of history buff, but had no idea what had happened to the Armenians until 15 years ago. Who has heard of the Armenian genocide?
In Turkey you can be jailed for saying there was a genocide of the Christian Armenians.
It seems like some victims are more worthy than other victims

Last edited:
Rich
Two wrongs do not make a right.
The mandate given to France and Great Britain were carried out before 1948. What is called Palestine now did not exist after WWI and the collapse of the Ottoman Empire who the League of Nations tried to make sense of a local population under the control of an Empire that had enslaved/defeated. Remember the Armenian Genoicide, the winners have been taking it out on the losers since man picked up a stick.
I do not want start an argument, reason why.??? Sometimes facts and truths of history (Yes I hear of how far back) the area of what is now know as Israel, in the 1890's up to the end of WWI using Ottaman census details state it were a sparsely inhabitated area.
Just Google.......
Most tribes, groups, families had a connection with the French made Country called Syria. Even the Golan heights were British Palestine, not part of the French mandate from the LoN.
The seperation of that area were done before Lebanon, Jordan and Syria had come into being.
Yet again please Google.
The repesentatives of what were to become a nascent Israel government accepted 48% of the area under the old mandate not the 10.% originally promised.
I am not a fan of Israel since I am not Israeli, have worked with muslims all my life, helped advise some when going they were going through Leith Nautical College in the late 70's. One good guy who married a local girl from Piertshill square visited home as the Shah lost power. His friends in the Lochewe Hotel Royal Terrace never heard from him again.
I digress ... But having an agreement that you and me thinks is SOLID.... Part of Islam teaching is deception to win, that goes against our christian values.
The Israelies will not put their swords down first. They already come close to extinction once.
The problem is that those wanting a free palenstine with everbody living as friends are as deluded as Sevco fans.
I have worked offshore Liberia and Sierria Leone with a so called location allowance of 35%
Picked up without going through customs immigration and straight to 3 vans four of us each. Everbody were the same country but different tribes wanted to be big boss.
I maybe be banned for this comment.
Until people stop recieving money for free and told they are victims.
When felliw Arab./muslim countries will not take in these refugees nor grant citizenship or even a work visa.
Not allowed to travel into Egypt via the Gaza crosding. i ask why Israel is a bad country to provide work via permits and health care.
Egypt erte are your camod of medical helo for Gaza. Jordan where are your camps....... That is right you sent troops in and closed them. "Any one remember "Black September" That where King Hussien of the arab Hashmite family who killed and expelled them.
I not want an argument, but every state in this world has fought battles on its borders. The Arabs have fought, killed and exiled their own folk.
He that is without sin throw stone
Rant over and ban expected

Two wrongs do not make a right.
The mandate given to France and Great Britain were carried out before 1948. What is called Palestine now did not exist after WWI and the collapse of the Ottoman Empire who the League of Nations tried to make sense of a local population under the control of an Empire that had enslaved/defeated. Remember the Armenian Genoicide, the winners have been taking it out on the losers since man picked up a stick.
I do not want start an argument, reason why.??? Sometimes facts and truths of history (Yes I hear of how far back) the area of what is now know as Israel, in the 1890's up to the end of WWI using Ottaman census details state it were a sparsely inhabitated area.
Just Google.......
Most tribes, groups, families had a connection with the French made Country called Syria. Even the Golan heights were British Palestine, not part of the French mandate from the LoN.
The seperation of that area were done before Lebanon, Jordan and Syria had come into being.
Yet again please Google.
The repesentatives of what were to become a nascent Israel government accepted 48% of the area under the old mandate not the 10.% originally promised.
I am not a fan of Israel since I am not Israeli, have worked with muslims all my life, helped advise some when going they were going through Leith Nautical College in the late 70's. One good guy who married a local girl from Piertshill square visited home as the Shah lost power. His friends in the Lochewe Hotel Royal Terrace never heard from him again.
I digress ... But having an agreement that you and me thinks is SOLID.... Part of Islam teaching is deception to win, that goes against our christian values.
The Israelies will not put their swords down first. They already come close to extinction once.
The problem is that those wanting a free palenstine with everbody living as friends are as deluded as Sevco fans.
I have worked offshore Liberia and Sierria Leone with a so called location allowance of 35%
Picked up without going through customs immigration and straight to 3 vans four of us each. Everbody were the same country but different tribes wanted to be big boss.
I maybe be banned for this comment.
Until people stop recieving money for free and told they are victims.
When felliw Arab./muslim countries will not take in these refugees nor grant citizenship or even a work visa.
Not allowed to travel into Egypt via the Gaza crosding. i ask why Israel is a bad country to provide work via permits and health care.
Egypt erte are your camod of medical helo for Gaza. Jordan where are your camps....... That is right you sent troops in and closed them. "Any one remember "Black September" That where King Hussien of the arab Hashmite family who killed and expelled them.
I not want an argument, but every state in this world has fought battles on its borders. The Arabs have fought, killed and exiled their own folk.
He that is without sin throw stone
Rant over and ban expected

You are entitled to rant man, we all do it sometimes man (I did earlier). You can say what feel on this blog, some might not like it or agree with you but no one will want ye banned for saying what ye think about anything.
That's what is so good about this site. There have been plenty disagreements on here, but most people still get on. If I can say what I feel you should be able to do the same. I like to hear what other people think about things whether I agree or not. Take it easy Tommy
HH

What happens now to the Palestinians after Israel elections.? Imo its going to get a lot worse for our Arab brothers. The west Bank is now going to see more Israeli settlements and will be annexed soon. This is the worst case of racism I have seen in a while. Israel does not care one iota for human rights unless it concerns their own. A Jewish state for only Jews, as stated by Netanyahu weeks ago. It is not for other races or creeds. How long must the world sit idly by and do nothing to help the People of of Palestine. Jewish influence in America, Britain and all over Europe makes sure that whatever sanctions placed upon it by the U N, and other organisations are easily swept under the carpet. This must stop now or there will never be peace in the middle East.
My other half thought I was talking through my blow pipe the other night whilst watching ajax dispose of Ronaldo (I mean juventus ) we noticed that the ajax support were displaying quite a few Israeli star of David flags which surprised her "I thought football fans in general were pro- Palestinian and the two state plan?" She queried. When I told her that we are not the only ones to show support for the Palestinians but have raised awareness more so recently and that the Dutch were imperialists like Britain and would have had a hand in helping set up the state of Israel along with Britain the U.S.and France about 60 years or so ago. I was taken aback by just how much my partner was taken aback. "What do you mean about 60 years ago or So?" When I explained to her there was no such place as israel until the 50s, (i bs a lot with my loved one just for a laugh a lot , too much probably). So rather than tell her i produced a book i have that shows palestine after ww2 on that map. And how it had disappeared from the face of the planet by the mid 50s thanks to British US French help. My girlfriend is no dafty but if you don't know something you just don't know , like q1 who wants to be millionaire. The look of disbelief on her face at the size of what was palestine in the 50s to whats left now was truly something else. Gazza the strip, Jericho and it's on /off land corridor and Bethlehem. "It's the sheer size of Palestine before" I know I said. The whole country along with parts of Syria,Egypt,Lebanon,Jordan was invaded at The same time .......then I stopped. I realised that this is too much for anyone to take in and fully comprehend with one 10 minute spiel and a wee book with a pre and post ww2 map. Anger followed, why do we only get taughtabout Bethlehem and the baby Jesus etc. My girlfriend is a clever cookie folks but it shows you how history can be anything, story , tale or truth the powers that be would have us believe. Anyway sorry for the rant just thought I'd throw that in. Oops there I've done it again this is the Celtic forum doh ✌?

You are entitled to rant man, we all do it sometimes man (I did earlier). You can say what feel on this blog, some might not like it or agree with you but no one will want ye banned for saying what ye think about anything.
That's what is so good about this site. There have been plenty disagreements on here, but most people still get on. If I can say what I feel you should be able to do the same. I like to hear what other people think about things whether I agree or not. Take it easy Tommy
HH
Richboy
I thank you for your reply.
Old guys have seen so many things done by people in revenge that stop you.
One guy a Croatian called Hadijk when they went back into areas of Croatia the Serbs had pushed them from taught me about about ethnic cleansing. His uncles village were gone. It were not there, a huge whole blown in the ground, the whole village, they went to a new pond and found in the waterway the inhabitants.
During the time we spent in Korea, he wanted peace but but retribution. Our Japanese Dynamic instrument guy were never asked out.
How far back you go....
Me ... I would let the sleeping dog Israel sleep, ask their arab neighbours to do same as the EU is doing and help them

My other half thought I was talking through my blow pipe the other night whilst watching ajax dispose of Ronaldo (I mean juventus ) we noticed that the ajax support were displaying quite a few Israeli star of David flags which surprised her "I thought football fans in general were pro- Palestinian and the two state plan?" She queried. When I told her that we are not the only ones to show support for the Palestinians but have raised awareness more so recently and that the Dutch were imperialists like Britain and would have had a hand in helping set up the state of Israel along with Britain the U.S.and France about 60 years or so ago. I was taken aback by just how much my partner was taken aback. "What do you mean about 60 years ago or So?" When I explained to her there was no such place as israel until the 50s, (i bs a lot with my loved one just for a laugh a lot , too much probably). So rather than tell her i produced a book i have that shows palestine after ww2 on that map. And how it had disappeared from the face of the planet by the mid 50s thanks to British US French help. My girlfriend is no dafty but if you don't know something you just don't know , like q1 who wants to be millionaire. The look of disbelief on her face at the size of what was palestine in the 50s to whats left now was truly something else. Gazza the strip, Jericho and it's on /off land corridor and Bethlehem. "It's the sheer size of Palestine before" I know I said. The whole country along with parts of Syria,Egypt,Lebanon,Jordan was invaded at The same time .......then I stopped. I realised that this is too much for anyone to take in and fully comprehend with one 10 minute spiel and a wee book with a pre and post ww2 map. Anger followed, why do we only get taughtabout Bethlehem and the baby Jesus etc. My girlfriend is a clever cookie folks but it shows you how history can be anything, story , tale or truth the powers that be would have us believe. Anyway sorry for the rant just thought I'd throw that in. Oops there I've done it again this is the Celtic forum doh ✌?
Please look at the original mandate following WWI and the League of Nations creation of Syria, (French) Lebanon (French) Transjordan (British) and Palestine (British) among other carve ups from the Turks (OttaMan Empire) itnotso black and white.

Please look at the original mandate following WWI and the League of Nations creation of Syria, (French) Lebanon (French) Transjordan (British) and Palestine (British) among other carve ups from the Turks (OttaMan Empire) itnotso black and white.
I know all about Sykes-Picot and their ruler. ( as part of my degree I took a module called Geographies of Power) Check oot the long straight lines on the map. They paid no attention to Tribal, Ethnic or religious sensibilities. ( The Kurds a good example). The Balfour declaration also played a part in the chaos.
HH

Quite right it's not so black and white the politics which surround the circumstances of today's 'Palestine' but what is 100% black and white is that the country of Palestine is a mere fraction of what it was and the people that live in Gaza (or what remains of that country today) live amongst some of the worst conditions imaginable and in constant fear for their lives at risk of disease with land and sea blockades stopping medical supplies from reaching the sick and elderly. Mandates from a century ago have no sway on what goes on there. that said it's not the reason I visit a Celtic forum.

Back