parkhead

I take people as they come... judge them on the fabric of their character... if a man or woman has hope in their heart and does their best by their brother then they're aces in my book. If they want to call it Celtic Park, Cel'ic Park, Parkhead, Park Heid or Paradise, they'll get a piece at my door.

It's the reference 'Old Firm' that I object to since half of it is deid 'Glesga Derby' is the preferred term

HH??

It's the reference 'Old Firm' that I object to since half of it is deid 'Glesga Derby' is the preferred term

HH??

It's odd that the Zombies are still so keen to use that anachronistic term. I guess Skeletor would be nothing without He-man, Moriarty an irrelevance without Sherlock Holmes. They need us but we've shown we're just fine without their sulphur stench behind us.

I was born and raised in Parkhead ( the area not the stadium ) and my friends ( including some Rangers supporters ) always referred to the ground as Parkhead .
Why so prickly about a long standing term for our ground ?

Having been raised in Easterhouse form the early 60s when there was no local amenities eg shops many of the locals would go to Parkhead for their weekly provisions although it wasn't referred to as Parkheid
That term was reserved specifically for the Stadium

HH?

Having been raised in Easterhouse form the early 60s when there was no local amenities eg shops many of the locals would go to Parkhead for their weekly provisions although it wasn't referred to as Parkheid
That term was reserved specifically for the Stadium

HH?

Great shopping area in those days ( long before The Forge )- I remember the big Woolworths and the COOP store , with the Granada cinema and the Palace ( known as the Three P's ) and the banks at the Cross ( always found them intimidating places inside - but then we were poor ).

Great shopping area in those days ( long before The Forge )- I remember the big Woolworths and the COOP store , with the Granada cinema and the Palace ( known as the Three P's ) and the banks at the Cross ( always found them intimidating places inside - but then we were poor ).
I used to steal sweeties out that Woolies and went to the abc minors at the 3p,s,flash gordon and zorro,brilliant!!

I used to steal sweeties out that Woolies and went to the abc minors at the 3p,s,flash gordon and zorro,brilliant!!

ABC minors ? I was there too - why didn't I recognise you ? lol

I remember they used to give a present to anyone whose birthday it was that morning - I was never there on my birthday so got zipp !
Never occurred to me to claim it was my birthday as no one in authority would have been any the wiser - the price of being honest ! ( Would have had to confess it though at Saturday night Confession )

Millsy,did you go to the Good Shepherd?

Nope , I have had no association with sheep - St Mark's in Muiryfauld Drive , right next to my old Primary School , also St Mark's . Both backed on to Tollcross park where I spent much of my free time as a boy - playing football , on the swings , playing football , being chased out by the Parkies , playing football ....

I also went to St Marks,not there any more I believe

True - was an old red brick Victorian building - certainly worth keeping today - but housing now occupies that site .
The annexe was wooden if I remember correctly - it occupied the ground beyond the toilets at the top of the playground.

I do remember Prices bakery - it went on fire one day and there was a flood of people outside collecting partly burnt loaves that were being discarded - shows how poor we were that a half burnt loaf was worth having ![/QUOTE

Lightly done toast

HH?

Back