Partick Thistle v Celtic. Scottish cup match thread

The seemingly perma injured Elhamed, Elyounoussi and Johnston missing, Forrest and Ajer doubtful, so shouldn’t be risked, the temptation would be to leave Edouard and McGregor on the bench as well.
I was at Thistle game v DU last week and they are decent in attack but awful defensively. Shankland looked like Lewandowski against them. Good opportunity for Klimala to get off to a flyer and Griffiths to get a much needed confidence boost. Play both of them and give Eddy the night off?

this will be a pretty tight game i reckon with a scoreline of 2-0..the goals will be scored by big Julien and james Forrest..the team will consist of Fraser Forster in goals, a right back of Bauer, a centre half pairing of Julien and Ajer with Taylor on the left..There will be a midfield trio of Brown, Ntcham and Mcgregor...The front three will be Frimpong wide right, Forrest wide left and edouard up front

Anyone else think the Scottish cup should be low priority. I'm thinking for celtic it's maybe better to play reserves all the way through. This is because the CL qualifiers are starting earlier and earlier so ideally the typical year would pan out like this..

*Win league early may
*First choice players get a good five or six week rest
*Scottish Cup final disnae matter
* first team back by mid June for pre season

Anyone else think the Scottish cup should be low priority. I'm thinking for celtic it's maybe better to play reserves all the way through. This is because the CL qualifiers are starting earlier and earlier so ideally the typical year would pan out like this..

*Win league early may
I see your thinking but naw :)

*Win league early may
Would you buy a £30 ticket Andy if you knew you were going to watch Celtic reserves,,I would think most people would not be happy with that,,Celtic have a duty to their fans to field the strongest team possible to try and win every game they play in,,anything less would not be acceptable mate..I am looking for 12 iar,,as I am sure 99% of every Celtic supporter is.

HH.

Last edited:
£30 is a bit steep. My brothers and a few of the lads have taken a package for £100 but it includes a free bar before, half time and after with a buffet. Not sure how early you can go in or how late they let you stay. If its anything like the scenes i witnessed on the all inclusive holiday we were on a few years back the staff will be offering them £100 to leave

Members online

Latest posts

Back