PETER HITHENS,is he right?????

Just on bbc news updates, the possibility that this containment could be in place for a indefinmate time ? Can you imagine the outcome .? It’s ok for the powers that be to isolate and not worry about their future !what about the rest ,how do they survive much longer, money will run out at some point ,what have they put in place to sustain this amount of money being ‘put’ into the system,? For how long ,the latest unemployment figures in the USA is at its highest ever ,!
of course we are only concerned about ourselves,but none the less what happens there reflects on everyone,? If it is extended for an undetermined length what then ,could be there will be long term serious effect here and elsewhere, hope not a doom monger, not intended, just my take on what may be, take care all 🙏hh
I saw a guy in Kirkton, Dundee try to buy a single egg. The guy on the van said, who the fuck will buy a box of 6 eggs that only has 5 in it ? Saw a lassie buy a single nappy as well. Kirkton was well grim in the 80s n 90s.
Poverty during the current crisis must be particularly hard. How can ye stock up when ye have fuck all.
The Icy still sells singles in St Marys, Rich. That wee van does it's best trade in December and January as well. Didn't realise St Marys was a tropical paradise that you need the icy in wintertime.

80s used to work a fruit stall on a well known market circuit , was a good craic made some dough and met some great characters ,moved from town to city , used to get folk comin around at closing pickin from the dumped fruit box's they just didn't have the money , mouths to feed it was the start of the thatcher period

if you cracked open a box any waste got dumped in the box's for the bin men to lift , end of the day i used to just tip good fruit n veg in with the waste cos the guy who i worked for was a tight fkr and we found out a tory voter .

Used to bag the tatties n fire them out to folk under the guise they'd already paid ,,,got fired in the end but it was worth it cos for 2yrs some familys got a good feed and the folk went home wi full bags ,,,,,,,i even rigged the scales

Todays familys don't know the hardships and the new ones who miscried the folk on the dole as lazy and living it up now find the harsh reality that even just making a claim is a stressfull situation ,and the not knowing if your payment will even arrive
For every 5 tattiies you boil, plant 1 in the ground and get 15 back.

It's only been a couple of weeks,give it another month! think we'll be in curfew,with the army on the street before then,on that cheerful note,time furra 🍺
"DRINK","DRINK",
You stock shit rolls,
I stock botolls,
who'll have the best lockdown,
you stock hand cream,
I just dream,
and wash ma arse with a sponge,
I bought food , put a 5 for the good, and
my conscience is clear.
Don't forget folks when you shop, don't forget the foodbank. Even if it's a tin of beans ,
it counts.

"DRINK","DRINK",
You stock shit rolls,
I stock botolls,
who'll have the best lockdown,
you stock hand cream,
I just dream,
and wash ma arse with a sponge,
I bought food , put a 5 for the good, and
my conscience is clear.
Don't forget folks when you shop, don't forget the foodbank. Even if it's a tin of beans ,
it counts.
well said Nick, the foodbanks are runnin low.

Hitchens quote in that piece "When I predicted roadblocks in my column two weeks ago, which I did, I did so out of an instinct that we were entering on the craziest period of our lives since the death of Princess Diana. And now there are such roadblocks, officious, embarrassing blots on our national reputation. " WTF

Hitchens quote in that piece "When I predicted roadblocks in my column two weeks ago, which I did, I did so out of an instinct that we were entering on the craziest period of our lives since the death of Princess Diana. And now there are such roadblocks, officious, embarrassing blots on our national reputation. " WTF
It was at that point I gave up reading that gobshite. Like the death of her was the craziest period in recent memory! Ignorant Daily Mail prick so out of touch with real people!

Back