Peter Lawwell

no sayin that Maria,business wise ah think he does a great job,but keep his feckin nose out of football matters,we can only speculate about transfer matters,and Lawwell bein a miserable bastaart, but Castagne confirmed that Celtic bid £8 million for him,so whit did snake oil dae,because he wiz bein backed,mcginn wiz a feckin smokescreen,who wid ye rather hiv, Christie or mcginn!
It’s not an either or. We should have had both. McGinn will probably move on for £15-20m will Christie?

no sayin that Maria,business wise ah think he does a great job,but keep his feckin nose out of football matters,we can only speculate about transfer matters,and Lawwell bein a miserable bastaart, but Castagne confirmed that Celtic bid £8 million for him,so whit did snake oil dae,because he wiz bein backed,mcginn wiz a feckin smokescreen,who wid ye rather hiv, Christie or mcginn!

Im saying over the past 3 windows PL has cut the balls off our team.

I dont trust him to get it right now.

That said i will wait and see if he does.

I agree with verdict when their not getting it right their accountable and the fans duty is to ensure this.

Where does your trust in PL to get the right personnel in to rotate our team, come from?

I know thats the managers responsibilty but PL is the swag man and his is to back the right personnel financially.

Back in the 80's, Celtic remained competitive in spite of the board, not because of it.

It was the players on the pitch who were responsible for the silver we did manage to win - not the suits.

Even nowadays, players are still the key to winning things. The executives might wield more influence, but it still comes down to the boys on the park.

No one is oblivious to the absolute fact that there has to be a lot of work done to trim the excess and upgrade the the first-team squad, but we have a tendency to point fingers and chuck brickbats before anything actually unfolds.

I hope I'm proven to be right in supporting the status quo, I hope I'm not voicing my own discontent in the weeks, months and year to come. I still don't see what else we could have done beyond sweeping up the silverware and continuing this success.

That mob's biggest problem is that they can't see beyond the end of their oddly deformed noses. Those two wins were the height of their ambition and it's that short-sightedness that'll continue to be their downfall.

They're spending money that they just don't have, and even if they do have it now, then they won't have it for long with the way they're operating that business.

This is where we are. This is who we have. Neither I, nor anybody contributing to this site are going to change that now. The only thing we can do is to back the manager and the boys on the field. The time to point fingers is at tits-up time - not before.

Im saying over the past 3 windows PL has cut the balls off our team.

I dont trust him to get it right now.

That said i will wait and see if he does.

I agree with verdict when their not getting it right their accountable and the fans duty is to ensure this.

Where does your trust in PL to get the right personnel in to rotate our team, come from?

I know thats the managers responsibilty but PL is the swag man and his is to back the right personnel financially.
did PL trust BR and Congerton with £million's...£9mill for Eddy,£8 mill offer for Castagne jist sayin

Back in the 80's, Celtic remained competitive in spite of the board, not because of it.

It was the players on the pitch who were responsible for the silver we did manage to win - not the suits.

Even nowadays, players are still the key to winning things. The executives might wield more influence, but it still comes down to the boys on the park.

No one is oblivious to the absolute fact that there has to be a lot of work done to trim the excess and upgrade the the first-team squad, but we have a tendency to point fingers and chuck brickbats before anything actually unfolds.

I hope I'm proven to be right in supporting the status quo, I hope I'm not voicing my own discontent in the weeks, months and year to come. I still don't see what else we could have done beyond sweeping up the silverware and continuing this success.

That mob's biggest problem is that they can't see beyond the end of their oddly deformed noses. Those two wins were the height of their ambition and it's that short-sightedness that'll continue to be their downfall.

They're spending money that they just don't have, and even if they do have it now, then they won't have it for long with the way they're operating that business.

This is where we are. This is who we have. Neither I, nor anybody contributing to this site are going to change that now. The only thing we can do is to back the manager and the boys on the field. The time to point fingers is at tits-up time - not before.
totally agree SP,we win in spite of our boards,ma first kick in the nut's was when we transferred Paddy Crerand tae man feckin utd!

I'm aware of my own hypocrisy, Michael, there's no point denying otherwise. I was happy enough to back Buck to the hilt, but just to emphasise your point - Buck was at the helm when we suffered probably the second most humiliating defeat in our history out on the Buck of Gibraltar.

That result alone made the humpings by PSG and Barca look respectable in comparison. Still not quite as bad as getting 5 in Bratislava, but just a fag paper between them in the humiliation stakes.

The situation surrounding the blind faith placed in Rogers by so many us a salient lesson in the problem with blind faith. No one deserves it, ever.

I liked Rogers, but I never bought the walk on water shit. He bought utter shite too often, I could see he couldn’t see a defender. His projects are his ongoing legacy. I said on more than one occasion it was Lenny and Ronnirs team, with only three of the players being his. Dembelle wasn’t his. Sincy was his. Hendry was his. Comperr was his. Gamboa was his. Tolijan was his. His euro tactics were a joke.

Love a guy, don’t give them a free run. Rogers was the man when we started to slide. He did nothing to arrest that. He fucked off and I was not in the slightest sad about that. I knew it was coming after the fiasco last summer. Credit where it’s due and he lifted the team first season, but he stalled then went back.

That’s just a fact. It’s not negative to point out the truth. Wrapping ourselves around anyone that prevents a cold clinical analysis fucks us up because we refuse to see reality. We see it as betraying when in effect it’s the opposite. No one at Celtic should ever get a bye. They should get support but if they fuck up I don’t care who they are. This is our club and you either do the business or get to fuck no matter how much we love you.

Sentimentality costs titles. Hopefully after The Rogers experiment we all become more rational with only one thing in our mind. Is this guy making us better? And not being hamstrung by sentiment when making an assessment of that.

The situation surrounding the blind faith placed in Rogers by so many us a salient lesson in the problem with blind faith. No one deserves it, ever.

I liked Rogers, but I never bought the walk on water shit. He bought utter shite too often, I could see he couldn’t see a defender. His projects are his ongoing legacy. I said on more than one occasion it was Lenny and Ronnirs team, with only three of the players being his. Dembelle wasn’t his. Sincy was his. Hendry was his. Comperr was his. Gamboa was his. Tolijan was his. His euro tactics were a joke.

Love a guy, don’t give them a free run. Rogers was the man when we started to slide. He did nothing to arrest that. He fucked off and I was not in the slightest sad about that. I knew it was coming after the fiasco last summer. Credit where it’s due and he lifted the team first season, but he stalled then went back.

That’s just a fact. It’s not negative to point out the truth. Wrapping ourselves around anyone that prevents a cold clinical analysis fucks us up because we refuse to see reality. We see it as betraying when in effect it’s the opposite. No one at Celtic should ever get a bye. They should get support but if they fuck up I don’t care who they are. This is our club and you either do the business or get to fuck no matter how much we love you.

Sentimentality costs titles. Hopefully after The Rogers experiment we all become more rational with only one thing in our mind. Is this guy making us better? And not being hamstrung by sentiment when making an assessment of that.
great point verdict,and great CIVIL debate Hail Hail!

el crappallo, 30 goals=£20 mill
Griff,40 goals(before snake oil ruined him,£..........

Wee rat face will go for no more than £8m and they will be lucky to get that. It’s the press tryibgvto up his value to get their team cash. Just like they do by talking up our targets to cost us.

£20m for that wee cunt? More chance Emily Blunt calling me to move in with her.

TV1 one of the great things that I admire about all Celtic fans, is their ability to have this type of debate.

I'll cheerlead, but I need to be aware that it's not all sunlight and roses. On the other hand, I'll also argue that it's not all shit and nettles either.

The one criticism I do have of Celtic fans (myself included), is that we tend to form our opinions on the extreme ends of the spectrum and tend to forget that there's a massive area inbetween.

There is truth and honesty in what you write, but there is no less truth and honesty in the view from the other end of the extreme.

But It's that inbetween area where the real solution lies.

did PL trust BR and Congerton with £million's...£9mill for Eddy,£8 mill offer for Castagne jist sayin

You werent happy with the previous windows either Michael.

Its the fans duty to hold the board to account.

He trusted him so much that he was bringing in players from man city thanx to his son.

Not spending huge amounts allowed for eddy 9m. Moussa’s cash in the bank and remember the kick in the nuts on the last hours of window he left and we were left in the shit with no replacement.

There are tons of things to be optimistic about with academy doing well and the expansion plans.

Im just voicing my opinion that im hopeful that PL will get us what we need, rather than be convinced he will.

TV1 one of the great things that I admire about all Celtic fans, is their ability to have this type of debate.

I'll cheerlead, but I need to be aware that it's not all sunlight and roses. On the other hand, I'll also argue that it's not all shit and nettles either.

The one criticism I do have of Celtic fans (myself included), is that we tend to form our opinions on the extreme ends of the spectrum and tend to forget that there's a massive area inbetween.

There is truth and honesty in what you write, but there is no less truth and honesty in the view from the other end of the extreme.

But It's that inbetween area where the real solution lies.

You’re right. No one has a monopoly on what the truth is or what’s the best way to improve. What we should have is the right to our views. To be able to say what we feel and try to back it up with an explanation of how we arrived at it. The problem with too many is, if you express a cure that’s contrary to someone who loves someone and thinks they can do no wrong is your called basically a traitor.

I never do that. I have my view and the hat can yew I so solely guided by what I think would improve us. I’m not into cult status adoration.,Henrik apart, obviously, :)

I love a debate, I love the cut and thrust of opinions and what forms them. I say my piece. You can call me anything, but to question my love for our club is not on. I know I am a greetin faced bastard at times. But that is simply because I have endured several times where we rest on our laurels. This has happened again, to sit back and let that go is not an option.

Those who lead us need to be brave. They need to defend our corner. They need to do everything in their power to move us forward. When they don’t, they will get no fucking bye from me. If they were my own sons I would have them by the throat for failing to keep us moving forward. Ask them, they would confirm that.

Excellent post Verdict. ???

You’re right. No one has a monopoly on what the truth is or what’s the best way to improve. What we should have is the right to our views. To be able to say what we feel and try to back it up with an explanation of how we arrived at it. The problem with too many is, if you express a cure that’s contrary to someone who loves someone and thinks they can do no wrong is your called basically a traitor.

I never do that. I have my view and the hat can yew I so solely guided by what I think would improve us. I’m not into cult status adoration.,Henrik apart, obviously, :)

I love a debate, I love the cut and thrust of opinions and what forms them. I say my piece. You can call me anything, but to question my love for our club is not on. I know I am a greetin faced bastard at times. But that is simply because I have endured several times where we rest on our laurels. This has happened again, to sit back and let that go is not an option.

Those who lead us need to be brave. They need to defend our corner. They need to do everything in their power to move us forward. When they don’t, they will get no fucking bye from me. If they were my own sons I would have them by the throat for failing to keep us moving forward. Ask them, they would confirm that.
well said ma man! HH

everythin's shite wi Celtic!
Lawwell's a miserable bastart
Lenny's the cheap option,and he's a pish manager
we won't sign anybody
we won't win another treble
if we don't spend gazillions, we're phuqed
how miserable is it bein a Celtic fan the noo!
ah've never known hard times,like we're goin through the noo
it's so bad ah'm worried we might no'finish in the top six
oh the woe!!!!!! GET A FECKIN GRIP!
lPLldXcpDBbnKaH-400x400-noPad.jpg

When Lenny was appointed manager first time around, his big proclamation was to: "bring the thunder back". It was pretty strong as far as statements went and effective too.

The thing is that, as Celtic fans, we didn't have an issue with bringing the thunder when we needed it, but what we really, really loved was flying by the seat of our breeks and riding the lightning.

Winning the league by 30 points and undefeated was fun, but it makes you feel alive when your nerves are shredded and a crisis is just around the corner.

3 zip down at Killie and the gallows were being built, by the end of that game we were buzzing and went on a run that put us top in the New Year.

Who wants boring, when you can get a heart attack without the pies, booze and fags?

Members online

Latest posts

Back