Peter Lawwell

It’s not an either or. We should have had both. McGinn will probably move on for £15-20m will Christie?
your comparing market prices with clubs in subsidised setup and clubs not in subsidised setup

no matter what McGinn gets else where does not equal what he would get here.

not o game time or price.

no matter how many times I explain it you revert to negative tosh

if lpaddies market stall pays the price of Sothebys, it does not mean it will have that value in paddies market.

and if Sothebys sell something they bought for peanuts at paddies market it doesn't mean that had celtic bought it that it would get price that Sothebys got.

its a rigged market

thats what subsidisation does.

they can take sub standard player and add much more value than celtic because celtic are selling from place right next to paddies market.

it seriously affects the price.

why cant you understand also

it was mcginn who told Lawell that rodgers offer was NOT acceptable.

not lawless offer

rodgers offer.

game time offered by rodgers was back up.

mcginn chose first team at villa rather than back up at celtic.

so lawell was not the issue.

mom likes to hate lawell

and so do you it seems.

rodgers offered mcginn an unacceptable deal in mcginns eyes

but you blame lawell

Last edited:
You’re right. No one has a monopoly on what the truth is or what’s the best way to improve. What we should have is the right to our views. To be able to say what we feel and try to back it up with an explanation of how we arrived at it. The problem with too many is, if you express a cure that’s contrary to someone who loves someone and thinks they can do no wrong is your called basically a traitor.

I never do that. I have my view and the hat can yew I so solely guided by what I think would improve us. I’m not into cult status adoration.,Henrik apart, obviously, :)

I love a debate, I love the cut and thrust of opinions and what forms them. I say my piece. You can call me anything, but to question my love for our club is not on. I know I am a greetin faced bastard at times. But that is simply because I have endured several times where we rest on our laurels. This has happened again, to sit back and let that go is not an option.

Those who lead us need to be brave. They need to defend our corner. They need to do everything in their power to move us forward. When they don’t, they will get no fucking bye from me. If they were my own sons I would have them by the throat for failing to keep us moving forward. Ask them, they would confirm that.
Hahaha there is one thing that could never be doubted about yourself there TV1, and that's the simple fact that you're a passionate and dedicated Celtic man.

If the boys on the park show a tenth of your passion, then Champions League might not be off the table.

You’re right. No one has a monopoly on what the truth is or what’s the best way to improve. What we should have is the right to our views. To be able to say what we feel and try to back it up with an explanation of how we arrived at it. The problem with too many is, if you express a cure that’s contrary to someone who loves someone and thinks they can do no wrong is your called basically a traitor.

I never do that. I have my view and the hat can yew I so solely guided by what I think would improve us. I’m not into cult status adoration.,Henrik apart, obviously, :)

I love a debate, I love the cut and thrust of opinions and what forms them. I say my piece. You can call me anything, but to question my love for our club is not on. I know I am a greetin faced bastard at times. But that is simply because I have endured several times where we rest on our laurels. This has happened again, to sit back and let that go is not an option.

Those who lead us need to be brave. They need to defend our corner. They need to do everything in their power to move us forward. When they don’t, they will get no fucking bye from me. If they were my own sons I would have them by the throat for failing to keep us moving forward. Ask them, they would confirm that.
How far forward do you think is possible and what would you like to see if you had the job for the day, taking into account the wages and the model you would have to employ to maintain any marquee signings and giving the volatil nature of the Scottish game and the requirements for maintaing a stronghold in all fronts both Scotland and Europe. You have if succesful a squad that needs to compete in over 60 games thats almost two seasons in one, remember that players countries always have the say over the players or they can insist your player does not play domestically if found to be faking.
Remember some of your players may be reuired to travel over half the world for their countries. Think you could do it?

No-one is questioning his business skills.

But the utter fkn dross thats been bought and not sold is shit business too.

All i want to see is the correct personnel in for RB CB AND A STRIKER.

This should be achievable yet we have consistently bought for positions we didnt need to and not ones we did need our players are burned out carrying the can of that folly too.

How far forward do you think is possible and what would you like to see if you had the job for the day, taking into account the wages and the model you would have to employ to maintain any marquee signings and giving the volatil nature of the Scottish game and the requirements for maintaing a stronghold in all fronts both Scotland and Europe. You have if succesful a squad that needs to compete in over 60 games thats almost two seasons in one, remember that players countries always have the say over the players or they can insist your player does not play domestically if found to be faking.
Remember some of your players may be reuired to travel over half the world for their countries. Think you could do it?

To sort it in a day? Hod oan and I will get my wand. :)

However, let’s have a look at what I would start.

You correctly point out Rogers legacy in terms of a bloated squad and the wages that are tied up in probably a dozen players who will never realistically contribute.

I can’t turn back the clock,but I would ask what have we learned from punts? You will be aware each of those players were put on four year contracts. That to me would end. I would only offer each punt two years, with a trigger inserted that the club could pull if it worked out to extend it to four. That way we protect ourselves against a four year cost for a dud and secure them if they work out. What we are saying to players is. Do you believe in your ability then it shouldn’t be a problem, if they don’t think they can make an impact, why should we even consider buying them?

To reduce the wage bill I would make every single one not featuring go out on loan. This would reduce our costs and also give them games that puts them in the shop window. They may even improve to a level we would keep. Having them hanging about makes no sense at all.

This wage bill is unsustainable in our current Scottish market. We won the Treble and received less than £3.5m. We need to realise that CL qualification is our number one objective. If we secure that with a team that doesn’t get slaughtered we ragdoll everyone at home.

Marquee signings are dead. We cannot compete in that market, so I would tell the support that. What I would do was up our scouting in Eastern European, African, the US and South America. There are players who could lift us without bankrupting us. Failing to secure CL puts us in a very precarious financial position going forward. What are the options?

A manageable debt to secure CL qualification. Or hoping that going cheap will do?

I would look at whatever we have in funds available. Look at the positions we need filled and the players the manager thought could secure it. I would assess the additional cost and speak to Desmond about funding it. If we qualify, we have the bet covered. We have the players to win ten and we have a group of players whose value will increase when we sell them on. Doing nothing earns nothing, sometimes in life as in business, the safest option is not the best. I’m not talking spending ridiculous amounts. If we have to spend £30m to compete for £60m+ then I would go for that.

The pool doesn’t need to be as big as it is now, but it needs quality to rotate. I would look at our Academy and put a rocket up their arse at getting better at putting our own into the team. The numbers achieving this over the last 25 years has been woeful. It is vital we improve here. Too many of our academy will never play for us. Even those identified as the best for me are still not good enough, if we truly have aspirations. We don’t lower the standard of the first team to accommodate them.

Our model of buying low selling high has failed with Rogers tenure. We need a scouting network to make that a reality.

So, reduce contract terms to two years with a trigger. Loan out every player not being used. But do what we need to give us a chance to qualify for the CL. Improve the quality of the academy or cut it back. Scouts to search less costly markets. Take in a manageable debt to meet current threats.

Oh and award myself a £2m bonus,

Last edited:
I wouldn’t take a penny bonus unless we qualified for the CL and even then it would depend upon could we really afford it. If we needed say, an additional £2.3m to secure a player I wouldn’t take a penny. I would be getting paid close to £1m. That’s plenty to work for the club I love.

Thats true love giving up the heated driveway ??

It’s simple really...if we win the 10 then the man has done his job and we all got it wrong ???
If we don’t win the 10 then I make a bow-tie oota his baws with a rusty knife.
We've gotta win the 9iar first. I am completely pissed off with Lawwell.
I think its going to be the cheapest options for any players that we buy.
I haven't heard of any of the players that we're being mentioned about.
It's the same story every transfer .
We should be buying better players to IMPROVE in Europe.

your comparing market prices with clubs in subsidised setup and clubs not in subsidised setup

no matter what McGinn gets else where does not equal what he would get here.

not o game time or price.

no matter how many times I explain it you revert to negative tosh

if lpaddies market stall pays the price of Sothebys, it does not mean it will have that value in paddies market.

and if Sothebys sell something they bought for peanuts at paddies market it doesn't mean that had celtic bought it that it would get price that Sothebys got.

its a rigged market

thats what subsidisation does.

they can take sub standard player and add much more value than celtic because celtic are selling from place right next to paddies market.

it seriously affects the price.

why cant you understand also

it was mcginn who told Lawell that rodgers offer was NOT acceptable.

not lawless offer

rodgers offer.

game time offered by rodgers was back up.

mcginn chose first team at villa rather than back up at celtic.

so lawell was not the issue.

mom likes to hate lawell

and so do you it seems.

rodgers offered mcginn an unacceptable deal in mcginns eyes

but you blame lawell

I’m just stating a fact that he will move on for £15m or more. Highlighting the utter balks up Lowell made of it. I know he will go for more in England.

And yes I do blame him. And I’m not alone. He’s the contract guy.

I’m just stating a fact that he will move on for £15m or more. Highlighting the utter balks up Lowell made of it. I know he will go for more in England.

And yes I do blame him. And I’m not alone. He’s the contract guy.

Mcginn rejected celtic.

Explain what more Lawell could should have done?

His job aint about comparing what price villa can get for him.

Mcginn aint worth 3 million with 6 months to go at his contract.

everything else is mince

He would have been decent future prospect, but he certainly aint better than our best, yet, and maybe he never will be.

I give him 6 out of 10 as midfielder 7 at best but mostly 6 out 10, we need 8 or higher to make difference to our first team. we currently have 4x 7 out tens who sometimes hit 9

buying a 6/7 out of ten is waste of money

Mcginn made no difference for hibs

not in league form
not in europe

not good enough yet.

Mcginn rejected celtic.

Explain what more Lawell could should have done?

His job aint about comparing what price villa can get for him.

Mcginn aint worth 3 million with 6 months to go at his contract.

everything else is mince

He would have been decent future prospect, but he certainly aint better than our best, yet, and maybe he never will be.

I give him 6 out of 10 as midfielder 7 at best but mostly 6 out 10, we need 8 or higher to make difference to our first team. we currently have 4x 7 out tens who sometimes hit 9

buying a 6/7 out of ten is waste of money

Mcginn made no difference for hibs

not in league form
not in europe

not good enough yet.

TET are you related to Peter? I look into all our sites and I have yet to come across someone so blind in trying to defend him.

McGinn chose to go to Villa after all the dithering if Lawell. We could have got him if we met the paltry £2.7m on the first day we approached them.

He is allegedly done the same with Turnball. Refusing to pay the £3m. He took a bonus of £2.3m for himself, but thinks £3m for a young talent too much? I think he has that the wrong way round. You don’t, perhaps Lowell is a mason, he seems to fit your world view they are behind everything fucking us up. I think that’s utter conspiracy bullshit, but looking at Lawell I am beginning to think you may be right. Probably related to the Rothchilds too, now that I think about it. Probably demonic too.

TET are you related to Peter? I look into all our sites and I have yet to come across someone so blind in trying to defend him.

McGinn chose to go to Villa after all the dithering if Lawell. We could have got him if we met the paltry £2.7m on the first day we approached them.

He is allegedly done the same with Turnball. Refusing to pay the £3m. He took a bonus of £2.3m for himself, but thinks £3m for a young talent too much? I think he has that the wrong way round. You don’t, perhaps Lowell is a mason, he seems to fit your world view they are behind everything fucking us up. I think that’s utter conspiracy bullshit, but looking at Lawell I am beginning to think you may be right. Probably related to the Rothchilds too, now that I think about it. Probably demonic too.
im not related to lawell

I couldn't give toss what other people base their judgements

I base it on reality and the job they do versus they job they are asked to do.

forget about all the gash my man

Turnbull is project
mcginn is project

they are not yet good enough to play for celtic

you don't waste money on projects if your going for 10 in a row unless they are good prospects who want to sit on bench for next 3 years. getting little game here and there.

We need proper champions

guys who make team much better not are useful occasionally and sit on bench.

You want to hate lawell based on his prudence

I don't agree

I don't like lawell but I refuse to blame him for crap that aint his fault.

the msm and huns want him out

why?
why?

Members online

Back