Pick a Celtic eleven

Am I right in thinking everyone (except Shammy because she doesn't do lists :rolleyes:) picked Danny and Henrik?
Makes me think just how high up is the quiet, unassuming Danny McGrain in folks all time Celtic greats? He has to be right up there.
Danny really was world class. I'd say he was one of the very best full backs ever. He would have been absolutely amazing in today's game and worth a fortune. He achieved all this despite suffering what could/should have been at that time career threatening disease and injury. And a trully lovely, funny, humble and self-deprecating gentleman. I'm proud he is a Celtic legend - a true credit to our club.

I am beginning to think the call Peter Lawwell made about the GB on Thursday is looking better today than it did yesterday..
Having said that there was a definite lul in the atmosphere which only the Green Brigade can create..
We would definitely have been in line for another fine if flares had been set of,,but could we have been in line for a partial ground closure,or maybe worse depending on the songs and the banners..
I think Peter Lawwell got away with one here especially if what we hear about ipox a possible closed door for the Young Boys game,,another £2m down the tubes for the zombies..
Can it get any better..??.

HH.

Here's a team of what I think are relatively underrated (mibbe not by us)Celts that I have watched. Fallon - Craig, Elliot, Clark,Lynch - Edvaalson - Callaghan,Thomson- Davidson - Hood,Wilson. Big shuggie probably got the maist caps oot of that lot.
Edit: If I change shuggie for pat mccluskey there would be less caps and pat wisni shy for a tackle.

Last edited:
Ok Lennono do you think Danny would have made it into the Lions team?

Well I see the lions as a team, more than individual guid players....That's why they were so good...aw Scottish... helped....Aye , McGrain was excellent but if I was Big Jock, I wouldn't leave Jim Craig or Tam Gemmell oot that team :) BTW I was 12 when the Holy Grail was achieved live on an auld B&W tele.....remember it like it was yesterday, always be there..... Nothin beats it, Its like my other passion...The Beatles...IMO they will never be beaten :)

IMAGINE..... getting The Big Cup and Sgt Pepper the same year :love:

Danny belonged to a very special club which had Cruyff,Pele,Beckenbuer,Banks,Charlton,Best etc as members,,, Carlos Alberto captain of the 1970 Brazil world cup winners came very close to being number one,,Berty Voghts ex Scotland manager also very close,,but there was only one Danny McGrain,
and he was the very best there has ever been,..

HH.

Well I see the lions as a team, more than individual guid players....That's why they were so good...aw Scottish... helped....Aye , McGrain was excellent but if I was Big Jock, I wouldn't leave Jim Craig or Tam Gemmell oot that team :) BTW I was 12 when the Holy Grail was achieved live on an auld B&W tele.....remember it like it was yesterday, always be there..... Nothin beats it, Its like my other passion...The Beatles...IMO they will never be beaten :)

IMAGINE..... getting The Big Cup and Sgt Pepper the same year :love:
Did you know Stevie that Sgt Pepper was knocked off the number 1 spot by Val Doonican with I think "Rockin' but gently" The choices werni great in they days - apart from the hoops that is.

Back