PICTURE GALLERY Part Two

So...this happened here on Saturday
As my granny would say "A rerr drying day..."
I worked right where that wee tornado thingy landed, I'm glad I never saw that coming across the ramp, back in the day
It's still a wee bit windy, but only 70 Kmh, so we'll get the washing out on the line later on
😁 😁😁😁😁tornado-vancouver-2.jpg

So...this happened here on Saturday
As my granny would say "A rerr drying day..."
I worked right where that wee tornado thingy landed, I'm glad I never saw that coming across the ramp, back in the day
It's still a wee bit windy, but only 70 Kmh, so we'll get the washing out on the line later on
😁 😁😁😁😁View attachment 16480
Not a pic but a video inspired by a pic. I first came to know of the Vancouver Bridge Disaster from Les Claypool's version of this tribute song but can't find it online so here's the original.

Not a pic but a video inspired by a pic. I first came to know of the Vancouver Bridge Disaster from Les Claypool's version of this tribute song but can't find it online so here's the original.

Cheers
Stompin Tom, a true Canadian icon
He mixed country with Canadian folk and it was a good time in the pubs and clubs, wherever he played
Imagine being in this pub on a Saturday and he starts with this one

Our youngest boy is heading up north for a couple of days, into snow country, so asked if he could borrow my Explorer Sport...
Sure no problem
That will get him anywhere he needs to go
It's been in the family for about 16 years, and I'm fond of it
He dropped off his '91 Nissan 240 SX
He bought it for $2300, did all the work himself, putting about 6 grand into it
It's a beaut' and while I'm a muscle car guy, I appreciate the work and time, not to mention money, he put into it
I asked him to crank it up and he did, you should have seen the neighbours come to their windows when they heard it roar to life, too funny
It has a Corvette engine, and a Viper transmission
It's a 6 - speed, and it goes like schtink...or so I'm told ;-)
He wanted me to go for a ride with him but I said I'd wait till he got back
For the gear heads amongst us...have a swatch at this
The only thing missing are the wings

1991 Nissan 240 SX
vPvpeZb.jpg

fqk8j7K.jpg

9ZbTzQ6.jpg

CPLMJHK.jpg

And here's 'SPORTY' my 2000 Explorer Sport
uACSJ9T.jpg

Last edited:
Our youngest boy is heading up north for a couple of days, into snow country, so asked if he could borrow my Explorer Sport...
Sure no problem
That will get him anywhere he needs to go
It's been in the family for about 16 years, and I'm fond of it
He dropped off his '91 Nissan 240 SX
He bought it for $2300, did all the work himself, putting about 6 grand into it
It's a beaut' and while I'm a muscle car guy, I appreciate the work and time, not to mention money, he put into it
I asked him to crank it up and he did, you should have seen the neighbours come to their windows when they heard it roar to life, too funny
It has a Corvette engine, and a Viper transmission
It's a 6 - speed, and it goes like schtink...or so I'm told ;-)
He wanted me to go for a ride with him but I said I'd wait till he got back
For the gear heads amongst us...have a swatch at this
The only thing missing are the wings

1991 Nissan 240 SX
vPvpeZb.jpg

fqk8j7K.jpg

9ZbTzQ6.jpg

CPLMJHK.jpg

And here's 'SPORTY' my 2000 Explorer Sport
uACSJ9T.jpg
Am gonna guess thon Nissan yoke is BWD and something nobody wants to chance in the snow unless pharmaceutically aware of the challenge. First motor I owned in the US was a Jeep Cherokee and I was a mental mess. My uncle coulda claimed like $500 tax back but gave it to me instead.
The Explorer is gottabe 4WD. Last auto I drove was years before lockdown.
I wasn't raised in America or Canada but I was raised amongst legends where parental responsibility involved kids trying to protect their own kids from an all-encompassing milieu. You never really appreciate your parents until you're laughing your way out of a hole. But while they raised us to resist it was all they knew how to do. Some clans were miles ahead of me and others are still catching up. Many never will. All I can say is stand yer fuckin ground. If you have anything they have been trying to take it from your clan for centuries. If you're going to be the one who stands up they will bring you've ever done against you so engage the best legal representation to explain why you have the right to resist the bollocksology

Sorry DILLIGAF you'll never understand the demands of an imaginary choir until you feel you have to preach to them. Would imagine it's built into the weed et al.
People like me inadvertently profile others. Shouldn't be anywhere near the internet cos I'm too honest in my opinions. Those who comment positively on or like my contribution are noticed and profiled.
I'm not on here to get likes but to encourage people to think.
And should anyone think I'm fullashite I welcome the discussion.

Last edited:
Am gonna guess thon Nissan yoke is BWD and something nobody wants to chance in the snow unless pharmaceutically aware of the challenge. First motor I owned in the US was a Jeep Cherokee and I was a mental mess. My uncle coulda claimed like $500 tax back but gave it to me instead.
The Explorer is gottabe 4WD. Last auto I drove was years before lockdown.
I wasn't raised in America or Canada but I was raised amongst legends where parental responsibility involved kids trying to protect their own kids from an all-encompassing milieu. You never really appreciate your parents until you're laughing your way out of a hole. But while they raised us to resist it was all they knew how to do. Some clans were miles ahead of me and others are still catching up. Many never will. All I can say is stand yer fuckin ground. If you have anything they have been trying to take it from your clan for centuries. If you're going to be the one who stands up they will bring you've ever done against you so engage the best legal representation to explain why you have the right to resist the bollocksology

Sorry DILLIGAF you'll never understand the demands of an imaginary choir until you feel you have to preach to them. Would imagine it's built into the weed et al.
People like me inadvertently profile others. Shouldn't be anywhere near the internet cos I'm too honest in my opinions. Those who comment positively on or like my contribution are noticed and profiled.
I'm not on here to get likes but to encourage people to think.
And should anyone think I'm fullashite I welcome the discussion.
Not a problem pal
We're all guilty of talking shite at times, and giving our opinions whether people agree or not, we can all respect our right to at least have them to spout
As for the 4X4 SUV, my wife has a Jeep, they're great
This Explorer is my 4th, all bought second hand, and worked on by me, and my boys
This one has been in the family since 2004-2005, and I'm happy it's stayed with us, it literally goes anywhere
I, like many others, have gotten a call in the wee small hours of the morning, saying "Can I get a ride home Dad ?"
One Friday night/Saturday morning, my daughter called me, she had a Honda Del Sol, wee sports car, lowered and blinged up to the max, but it was useless in the snow
She was at a party out in the valley and they had a dump of snow, and she couldn't get her car out of the driveway, of where the party was
I had a '92 Chevy Silverado 4X4, see pic, loved that truck, and it was lifted a few inches and it was a beast, I loved driving it in the snow, so off I go out into the blizzard, and bring her home
I never let it bother me, as they were all told not to drive with anyone who was DUI, or hesitate to call when they needed us
My wife and I couldn't sleep if one of them wasn't home when we went to bed, unless we knew they were sleeping over at a friends
As for where any of us grew up, I had a great upbringing, loving family and never felt poor, or any less of a person than anyone else around me, as we were all in the same boat
There was a sense of Community and we all looked after each other, and moreso, those who were most in need
You can only hope that your kids grow up with the same ideals and outlook, which thankfully, I can say they have
I'm an auld bastard now, and I couldn't fight sleep, but standing up for myself was ingrained in me by my Dad and Grandfather, it's in our DNA, and while I am 'on the back nine' the fire still burns, and from time to time, that wee Greenock boy comes to the fore, the accent gets thicker and it's the same for all of us the world over, Irish or Scottish
Who dare mess wi us ?

Mon the Mental

YNWA92 Chevy Silverado .jpg

Here's oor Michael's wee pal, sporting her Whitecaps toque
This was taken about two years ago
She's a wee cracker and she's going to play fitba
She's a leftie too, and already has a great shot on her
She knows how to back heel a ball, and does drag backs too
She's my world and she has her Celtic strip with Henrik's number 7 and her name on the back, courtesy of the bold MD
The Noise LEGEND
Christ, I miss that man, we all do

HHGetCurrentWallpaper_725405558 (1).jpg

Members online

Back