PICTURE GALLERY Part Two

We went to our local festival last weekend, the car show n shine is fantastic, so many muscle cars and vintage autos

1955 Chevy
QzDdL7B.jpg

1964 Chevrolet Corvette
RLQZgkz.jpg

1950's Woody Wagon
bkoJ3q8.jpg

1972 Chevrolet Corvette
RYWkd6G.jpg

1972 Chevrolet Corvette Rear
CU52jBJ.jpg

1964 Ford Thunderbird
NFFvYxv.jpg
Some lovely yokes there. Cara of mine from Boston had a '90s Thunderbird but another from South Dakota had a 74 Chevy Nova cored out with a Hemi in it. Had to put it in park at a stop sign or red light as the brakes wouldn't hold it in place, in drive, even with the foot off the gas

Some lovely yokes there. Cara of mine from Boston had a '90s Thunderbird but another from South Dakota had a 74 Chevy Nova cored out with a Hemi in it. Had to put it in park at a stop sign or red light as the brakes wouldn't hold it in place, in drive, even with the foot off the gas
I'm a big fan of the 70's muscle cars out here, and have owned some beauties
Some of the money they command today is through the roof
I love the lines on the 50's Chevy's, and Fords

I'm a big fan of the 70's muscle cars out here, and have owned some beauties
Some of the money they command today is through the roof
I love the lines on the 50's Chevy's, and Fords
I saw some fine examples of restored 70's cars; particularly Monte Carlo SSs and worked with a guy who drove to work every day in a 67 Shelby Mustang.
Have you seen the film Ford V Ferrari?

I saw some fine examples of restored 70's cars; particularly Monte Carlo SSs and worked with a guy who drove to work every day in a 67 Shelby Mustang.
Have you seen the film Ford V Ferrari?
Yes, anything with muscle cars is cool by me
The iconic car chase scene from Bullitt is my favourite
Steve McQueen, the coolest guy ever (imho)

1968 Ford Mustang 390 GT 2+2 Fastback
v
1968 Dodge Charger 440 Magnum. The Charger

Apparently, the Charger was faster over the 1/4 mile than the Mustang
This is a neighbours pride and joy, he got it last Summer and only takes it out on nice Summer days
I added the heart ;-)

q9Ova2Q.jpg

nXM2fOa.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, anything with muscle cars is cool by me
The iconic car chase scene from Bullitt is my favourite
Steve McQueen, the coolest guy ever (imho)

1968 Ford Mustang 390 GT 2+2 Fastback
v
1968 Dodge Charger 440 Magnum. The Charger

Apparently, the Charger was faster over the 1/4 mile than the Mustang
This is a neighbours pride and joy, he got it last Summer and only takes it out on nice Summer days
I added the heart ;-)
nXM2fOa.jpg
I've never driven a muscle car, top of my list would probably be the original Challenger, not really made for narrow British roads though, 400hp, leaf springs and a wet windy road has bad day written all over it. Empty desert highway on the other hand would be the bollocks!

Remember the film Vanishing Point? Shit film tbf but the car was the star!

I've never driven a muscle car, top of my list would probably be the original Challenger, not really made for narrow British roads though, 400hp, leaf springs and a wet windy road has bad day written all over it. Empty desert highway on the other hand would be the bollocks!

Remember the film Vanishing Point? Shit film tbf but the car was the star!
Have had a few over the years, Corvette, Camaro, Firebird, and a few import sports cars, Datsun 240Z, Mazda RX7 and my personal favourite my 1990 Mazda MX (Miata) found out the hard way that air bags weren't installed until 1993 ;-)
I like the North American muscle cars because they were easy to work on, and sometimes you could climb up onto the engine, and work away, instead of getting underneath them
There's a muscle car meet every Wednesday at the local mall, where all the gearheads gather and shoot the breeze, it's something I'm going to check out, as there's ll be some useful contacts in attendance
You're right, some British cars aren't made for the big highways out here (I had a '72 Cortina 4 speed, and it was always giving me problems) MGB's ser infamous for their faulty electrical systems, the 'muscle cars' love the open roads and either through the mountains or the desert highways, they fly when you open them up

Have had a few over the years, Corvette, Camaro, Firebird, and a few import sports cars, Datsun 240Z, Mazda RX7 and my personal favourite my 1990 Mazda MX (Miata) found out the hard way that air bags weren't installed until 1993 ;-)
I like the North American muscle cars because they were easy to work on, and sometimes you could climb up onto the engine, and work away, instead of getting underneath them
There's a muscle car meet every Wednesday at the local mall, where all the gearheads gather and shoot the breeze, it's something I'm going to check out, as there's ll be some useful contacts in attendance
You're right, some British cars aren't made for the big highways out here (I had a '72 Cortina 4 speed, and it was always giving me problems) MGB's ser infamous for their faulty electrical systems, the 'muscle cars' love the open roads and either through the mountains or the desert highways, they fly when you open them up
Was that the mk3 cortina? The curvy one? Loved the look of them, I used to walk past an orange 2000GT on my way to school in the early 80s it was the best looking car on the street.
Don't get me started on the decline of the British motor industry Dill, in 20 years it went from great to shit thanks to management that didn't give a fuck and workers who preferred being on strike!

I had a new mx5 in 2000 or 2001 (the mk2) I bought it on a sunny day (rare thing) and I always felt self conscious driving about in a wee red convertible so my girlfriend at the time drove it more than me, only kept it for a year then traded it in for the impreza, but the weekend before the trade in I took it off to the Highlands for a last blast, ended up in Arisaig and it was one of the best drives of my life, maybe not the fastest but when pushed on a twisty road probably the finest and purest handling car I've ever driven. Fantastic wee thing, it deserved better than being a hairdressers accessory! 😹

Was that the mk3 cortina? The curvy one? Loved the look of them, I used to walk past an orange 2000GT on my way to school in the early 80s it was the best looking car on the street.
Don't get me started on the decline of the British motor industry Dill, in 20 years it went from great to shit thanks to management that didn't give a fuck and workers who preferred being on strike!

I had a new mx5 in 2000 or 2001 (the mk2) I bought it on a sunny day (rare thing) and I always felt self conscious driving about in a wee red convertible so my girlfriend at the time drove it more than me, only kept it for a year then traded it in for the impreza, but the weekend before the trade in I took it off to the Highlands for a last blast, ended up in Arisaig and it was one of the best drives of my life, maybe not the fastest but when pushed on a twisty road probably the finest and purest handling car I've ever driven. Fantastic wee thing, it deserved better than being a hairdressers accessory! 😹
This was the colour of mine, not a GT, just a 4 speed
I ran it into the ground and got $400 on a trade in from a dealership as it was just a heap

Attachments

• Cortina 4 sp.jpg
    Cortina 4 sp.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Great wee cars these, hugged the windy roads and was great on gas mileage
Came off second in a tussle with a Jeep Wagoneer
*Don't ask...
My mate used to joke that he'd get me a rainbow sticker, and even now, when I see him, I ask "Where's my sticker ?"
View attachment 19497
As I said my gf used to drive the MX5 more than me then one day my company car was in the garage so I took the mx5 to work, every bugger on the building site is pointing and sniggering, making wee snide remarks and I'm thinking aye ok I'm driving a wee gay sports car sod off.
Wasn't till I got it home that night that I noticed the sticker on the back bumper "If You Get Any Closer You'll Need To Wear A Condom!"
The gf had stuck that on my wee gay car and I went into a building site with it!! I was not best pleased with her!

As I said my gf used to drive the MX5 more than me then one day my company car was in the garage so I took the mx5 to work, every bugger on the building site is pointing and sniggering, making wee snide remarks and I'm thinking aye ok I'm driving a wee gay sports car sod off.
Wasn't till I got it home that night that I noticed the sticker on the back bumper "If You Get Any Closer You'll Need To Wear A Condom!"
The gf had stuck that on my wee gay car and I went into a building site with it!! I was not best pleased with her!
Aye always wondered aboot yi hope yi didnae huv a Fenderya bender

HH 🌈

Ize only jokin

Best car i had in the states was a 78 chevy impala bought it for $700 it was minted interior looked like it had just left the factory

i also had a an 82 pontiac grand prix s fitted with a sports box ,you could stand on the gas and it would do burn outs no problem at all ,,,,,,,, the gearbox gave up in St louis on a road trip

Members online

Latest posts

Back