PICTURE GALLERY Part Two

Cheers mate.....I set up the new camera's focus system for birds in flight.......then manually set the exposure.......brings oot great detail at that fast shutter speed......(y)
The detail on the feathers is amazing, the wee white outline on the coverts (I think) is so clear. Nature does some wonderful work!

The detail on the feathers is amazing, the wee white outline on the coverts (I think) is so clear. Nature does some wonderful work!
The next time your wife taks photys of Luna ask her to put the shutter speed up,,,,,faster than 1/1600 of a sec......prob have to raise the ISO aswell if its not a bright surrounding........I noticed some motion blur on the last photy around the head area......faster shutter speed sorts that .......not trying to critique, just helping...... :)

The next time your wife taks photys of Luna ask her to put the shutter speed up,,,,,faster than 1/1600 of a sec......prob have to raise the ISO aswell if its not a bright surrounding........I noticed some motion blur on the last photy around the head area......faster shutter speed sorts that .......not trying to critique, just helping...... :)
Christ I'm not suggesting that mate, I'd end up being embroiled in a conversation that I don't want to have for 2 hours!
I'm in a happy place, I was sharpening my "new" No6 plane tonight and after a bit of research realised it has it's original 19th century blade! Planes of that age with original blades are in the rocking horse shit spectrum! So I don't want to spoil my brief moment of contentment! 😹

Better get the trees trimmed off they power lines
NMFJM
Last two words, are JOB, and MAN
I had the landscapers in, to top and prune the hedge
Good job I did too, as there was a hornets nest in there, and they found it...the hard way
My landscaping days are well behind me, so it's easier, and safer, to phone somebody else to do battle with Mother Nature's 'gifts'
Day later I had an exterminator in, he had the full boonah on and told me, they were bald faced hornets, the nastiest, most aggressive kind of the little bastards

Well, it WAS a beautiful sunny day, bright blue skies when we went for a walk, until the wildfire smoke rolled in
First pic @ 1 pm
Next one @ 5 pm
Sun is bright red, but my phone camera won't show it
Smells like a campfire round our place, even though the wildfire are hundreds of kms away
IMG_20220910_155305333.jpgIMG_20220910_170355956.jpg

I managed to get this Sparrowhawk when the sunlight was on the background and not on the bird...I thought it gave a good effect......He even chose a braw perch......I baited it with a mouse.....

View attachment 20329
Our resident Sparrowhawk is getting life easy at the moment lennono. The starlings and sparrows have had a very good breeding season in our estate. I even watched the hawk take one from my feeder. Brilliant shot as always.

Date night with my wife last night
Colin James totally rocked the venue
He brought back his support (Ally Venable) for a couple of tunes
When he played Voodoo Thing, they entered the place right behind our seats, then marched down the aisle and up onto the stage, it was epic
They played Dylan, some of their old and new stuff, and the memory jog for me, was Fleetwood Mac's 'Green Manalishi'
I was a 17 year old teenager once again, when that was played ;-)
If you get the chance to attend one of his 'gigs' do it
man, can he play guitar
Oh and that's the back of our heads in the last photo ;-)
His video and photographers took shots from different angles
Just showed my beloved and she said "Hey, that's us right there..."
Date night...Great night...
HH
CJ 1.jpgCJ and Ally 2.jpgCJ and All Venable.jpg

Last edited:
Back