Georgia at the beach, digging a hole
EOCOkJB.jpg

Georgia, about to drag me into the water
6xTNTcL.jpg

The 1000 yard stare after draging me into the water
cGCN0zk.jpg

Looking towards AMERICA
AB3Q3bT.jpg
You wouldn’t struggle for a good beach bonfire there . Where is that mate ?

It's Centennial Beach, in Delta, British Columbia mate
Our Beau loved this place and Georgia goes nuts when she realizes we're heading down to the beachView attachment 16106View attachment 16107View attachment 16108
I can relate to your love of your fabulous dogs Dill. I had to get my last dog put to sleep after he developed a type of incurable cancer. A rottweiler, ( he was our second rotty). Don't believe all the nonsense you read about the breed. Our two were the gentlest creatures you could imagine. Sad thing is, some of the more "macho" types keep them for all the wrong reasons due to the image attached to them. He's been gone for seven years now and I'm not ready to get another dog. Still miss the welcome I got whenever I came home.

I can relate to your love of your fabulous dogs Dill. I had to get my last dog put to sleep after he developed a type of incurable cancer. A rottweiler, ( he was our second rotty). Don't believe all the nonsense you read about the breed. Our two were the gentlest creatures you could imagine. Sad thing is, some of the more "macho" types keep them for all the wrong reasons due to the image attached to them. He's been gone for seven years now and I'm not ready to get another dog. Still miss the welcome I got whenever I came home.
I remember over at caravan park in Dunoon walking with my pregnant ex and my greyhound.

And really ould fella (like 80 odds) calls me over to his lodge for a pet at the dug, we chat for a bit and he says to me, 'i see you've a bun in the oven son, yes sir, just remember that the only unconditional love you'll get in life is from that beautiful dog you have. He won't ever make demands, argue with you, ask for money or take the proverbial piss, that look in his eyes is real. Whereas your lovely Mrs and the bun, every time they open their fucking gubs there's conditions attached whether you realise it or not.'

I reember that old fella a handful of times a week....

Cheers mate
My mate had a full grown Rottie, great dog
My other mate had a pitbull, which was the sweetest dog, loved everybody, and everything
It depends on the owner, as you said
Georgia had been neglected and you could see and feel her ribs before we adopted her
We fostered her and at first she was so rambunctious, wanted to play rough all the time
Got a call from the rescue group at the time asking if we were still interested in fostering a dog, as Georgia was about an hour away from us, in a foster home and it wasn't working out after 3 days
When I got there, I intro'd myself and when I opened my door, she jumped right up into my truck
Took us two weeks to house train her, and now, she comes and let's us know when she has to go out to do her business
She responds to non verbal commands and will sit, lay down and shake a paw without any prompting, just hand signals
She's now a chunky monkey as she likes the good 'stick tae yer ribs grub'
Mince and tatties, chicken, salmon all of it
Plus the treats she gets whenever we're on our walks
My Granddaughter loved Beau, and loves Georgia the same way Georgia 3.jpg
me n beau.jpgLiliana 12.jpg

Cheers Pal, much appreciated
Yeah Beau was one of a kind and he spread the joy and love that only dogs can give, wherever he went
Whereas Beau was a big gentle Bear, Georgia is a pup still and has to investigate everywhere and everyone
She's settled well into our family and wherever I go, she's with me
It was the same with Beau
This is her after 4 1/2 hours of running, chasing, wrestling and play fighting with Charlie, my Granddaughter's puppy today

Georgia snoozy 2 .jpgGeorgia snoozy 1.jpg

Members online

Back