PICTURE GALLERY Part Two

Shooting star! (Zoom in 🙄)
View attachment 17468
Love a wee bit of star gazing, did you know usually you can see the international space station twice a night, streaking across the night sky, it great for kids, there a timetable, tells you where and when and how long it will be visible, just step out your door on a clear night and there it is, always on time 👍 just like a shooting star 🌠

Love a wee bit of star gazing, did you know usually you can see the international space station twice a night, streaking across the night sky, it great for kids, there a timetable, tells you where and when and how long it will be visible, just step out your door on a clear night and there it is, always on time 👍 just like a shooting star 🌠

Might have seen it accidentally, I've never actually tried to see it. That's a good wee time table I might try and spot it (well send the missus out to spot it, fuckin baltic out there I'm no going out!)

We got really good views of the Persied meteor shower a few years ago when we were down south, that was pretty trippy!

Best place is the forest down in Dumfries or anywhere there's unpolluted skies the west coast of Ireland is brilliant for that

Might have seen it accidentally, I've never actually tried to see it. That's a good wee time table I might try and spot it (well send the missus out to spot it, fuckin baltic out there I'm no going out!)

We got really good views of the Persied meteor shower a few years ago when we were down south, that was pretty trippy!
Needs to be a clear night mate, but it ALWAYS appears right exactly where and when they say, great for kids, step out the door look up, and there its there 👍

Aye mate Forrest of Galloway is a uk recognised dark sky area, took the caravan down to brig house brae last summer for a weekend stopped counting shooting stars when I got to 50 and that was just in a couple of hrs 👍
There's another designated dark sky area now north of Aviemore, think its the Glenlivet Estate. You'd have thought most of the sky's up that way we're dark right enough.

Aye Hoopy....Proper name is a White Tailed Eagle.....Largest predator in Scotland....8 feet wing span....You'll see them on the Isle of Mull
They're spreading their wings a bit Lennono. There was one at Castle Semple loch a month or so back. I missed though, even though I live ten minutes from the place. One a Ardmore point last winter too. Very successful reintroduction thankfully. Once again, I'm in awe of your shots.

They're spreading their wings a bit Lennono. There was one at Castle Semple loch a month or so back. I missed though, even though I live ten minutes from the place. One a Ardmore point last winter too. Very successful reintroduction thankfully. Once again, I'm in awe of your shots.
Thanks Frank...we have a pair nesting in Tentsmuir Forest, and a pair have set up a nest on Loch Lomond..last year......Beautiful birds......

Thanks Frank...we have a pair nesting in Tentsmuir Forest, and a pair have set up a nest on Loch Lomond..last year......Beautiful birds......
They most certainly are. Sadly persecution is in evidence, as it is with all our Raptors. Grouse -shooting, fox-hunting feckin' morons.

Aye Hoopy....Proper name is a White Tailed Eagle.....Largest predator in Scotland....8 feet wing span....You'll see them on the Isle of Mull
Fantastic shots, as usual
Great talent you've discovered Lennono
It's wonderful doing what you love, and loving what you do
They are all beautiful, but my personal favourite is the Snowy Owl
I was biking along a trail years ago, it was freezing and there was a guy with a camera set up on a tripod, the lens made it look like a cannon, it was huge
I stopped for a minute and asked, what have you found ?
He was a nice guy and said "Have a look"
I put my eye to the lens and kinda jumped back a bit saying "WOW !!!"
In the field about 200 yards away was a snowy owl, and with the lens, you could have sworn it was sitting on the end of your nose
Love the detail in your shots mate
Well done

Last edited:
I hope they get the permission to bring back the wolf, lynx and bears to Northern Scotland......
I'd love to see that mate, those creatures belong in our wild habitats and they'd provide ecological stability without the need of arseholes with guns trying to manage wild populations of deer, rabbit etc, nature is far better at looking after itself than when we get involved.
If a few tuchters and the odd tourist gets mauled it's a small price to pay.
(Sorry tuchters and tourists)
(I'm no really)

From 2020 road trip, taking a Ford F-350 Super Duty up North on Highway 97
Minus 15 when I was driving, with the windchill, it dropped to minus 23
A beautiful, dry, day, and the highways were clear
It's a beautiful part of the Province
The scenery is magnificent
As you drive on Highway 16, further North, you can almost feel the eeriness of the Highway of tears, as it's known

The Maple Leaf flying high on a cold and windy day
Maple Leaf flying high at Cache Creek .jpg

The snow covered mountains take some beating
On the way to Smither BC.jpg

Magnificent highway scenery
Highway 97 to Prince George .jpg

2020 Ford F-350 SUPER DUTY
A serious piece of Ford engineerinjg
F-350 .jpg

SUr
Crackin' shots Dill. And it is a beautiful place .
Cheers sure is Frank, the Rockies are awe Inspiring
If you ever get the chance, check Canada out, places like Banff and Lake Louise, scenery is breathtaking
There's lots of YouTube clips which give you an idea of how amazing the scenery is
These are from the Caribou, it's about a day and a half driving, but worth it

Last edited:
Well, the wee yin was over yesterday, and what a great day we had
She took her Celtic onesie home along with her COYGIG scarf, which is now proudly displayed in her bedroom
Her Mum sent me this, she loves it and insisted on wearing it when she got home
Thanks again to 'Uncle Smelly G'6727618145026730173.jpg who brought us this wee smile
HH

Back