PICTURE GALLERY Part Two

Didn't Leonardo DiCaprio manage to escape from one in the film the Revenant 🤣aye that was a believable story right enough🙄
Posted this before...but it remains the truth ;-)
And as for the difference between black bears and grizzly bears, the following should help:

Park rangers are advising hikers and campers in national parks to be alert for bears and take extra precautions to avoid an encounter.
They advise park visitors to wear little bells on their clothes so they make noise when hiking. The bell noise allows bears to hear them coming from a distance, so they won’t be startled by a hiker accidentally sneaking up on them, which might cause a bear to charge.
Visitors are told they should also carry a pepper spray can just in case they encounter a bear. Spraying the pepper into the air will irritate the bear’s sensitive nose and it will run away.
It is also a good idea to keep an eye out for fresh bear droppings so you have an idea if bears are in the area. People should be able to recognise the difference between black bear and grizzly bear scat...

Black bear droppings are smaller and often contain berries, leaves, and possibly bits of fur. Grizzly bear droppings tend to contain small bells and smell of pepper
Grizzly bear paw.jpg

And as for the difference between black bears and grizzly bears, the following should help:

Park rangers are advising hikers and campers in national parks to be alert for bears and take extra precautions to avoid an encounter.
They advise park visitors to wear little bells on their clothes so they make noise when hiking. The bell noise allows bears to hear them coming from a distance, so they won’t be startled by a hiker accidentally sneaking up on them, which might cause a bear to charge.
Visitors are told they should also carry a pepper spray can just in case they encounter a bear. Spraying the pepper into the air will irritate the bear’s sensitive nose and it will run away.
It is also a good idea to keep an eye out for fresh bear droppings so you have an idea if bears are in the area. People should be able to recognise the difference between black bear and grizzly bear scat...

Black bear droppings are smaller and often contain berries, leaves, and possibly bits of fur. Grizzly bear droppings tend to contain small bells and smell of pepper
View attachment 22275
Lennono, my camera phone doesn't do it justice
I think you should come out for a photo shoot up country
HH

Was away all weekend and got the scores last night
Another 3 points in the bag, albeit hard earned
Drove up North (Minus 10 and very sunny) roadside had snow, but the highways were clear, so it was a pleasure to drive on, and thought some of you might like to see the 'wildlife' that abounds in the countryside, although these guys were stuffed and mounted at the airport
Check our the size of the salmon, and the grizzly bear in the glass case
Actual fish caught, info there too
The claws on the grizzly are quite something, and you wouldn't stand a chance coming face to face with one, especially, if it's a mama bear with her cubs...they are very aggressive in an effort to protect their offspring
This bear in particular had been killing cattle for about 3 years, they figured it had killed at least 30, and the cattle weighed in around 1500 Lbs in some cases, the bear itself, weighed approximately 1100 Lbs
It charged the conservation officers who tracked it, and came with about twenty feet' before they shot and killed it
You can't outrun a bear, or outclimb it, no matter how fast you are, even if it's slipping in your shit, as you run
Just lie down and get it over with
Or 'pretend to be dead' because pretty soon, you will be
Stay safe
YNWA

lqv9Y37.jpg

6cmXbT9.jpg

rB7hNpC.jpg
Great photos Dill 👍 I think you would pass out long before that thing got a claw near you 😂😂

View attachment 22275
One's as big as yer head...the rest are great big bastards...
My mate and I used to go mountain biking
One day we are cycling along a trail and a guy comes by with his Doberman
He's struggling to keep his dog from running back into the woods
He said "There's a bear sitting in a pond round there (points back the way) "OK, thanks for the heads up mate..." he goes off with his big dog
We did see the bruin, and it looked cute as it was indeed sitting on it's bum and splashing water everywhere...we gave it a wide berth of course
And I got to use the old adage as my mate said "Think we could outrun it ?"
I replied: "I just have to outrun you..."
There's some magnificent scenery and wildlife and 'interesting' signage as you motor down the highways
rockfall.jpegavalanche area .jpeg
watch for Moose.jpeg

Was looking through some old photos and found this beauty
She was about 9 months old and we were babystiting on Easter weekend
She's always been a happy wee girl and she turns 7 in a few months
Still got that beautiful smile
Hope everyone has a great Easter weekend
YNWA Easter Bunny 2017.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Back