Picture Gallery

Hi TET

Thanks for that...

After doing this for a lot of years....I get to know where to go, to get the best chance of a certain bird....when I arrive, i position myself, thinking about the background in front of me and also I have to get the light behind me for best exposure...I then work out my shutter speed, aperture and ISO values as well as focus settings......Then, if the bird does arrive.....I cannot obviously choose the pose etc...so I have to wait till the birds head is a few degrees towards the viewer, for max attention....and the pose is spot on......That's for perched birds, but birds in flight is so much more difficult.....But when it all comes together...it works out fine....I am still learning after all these years...but I am on the top table now.....Scottish guys have always been good at Wildlife Photography

View attachment 13678
There crackers
your needing to get youself a youtube channel get out to a wider audience and you'll be falling over endorsements and get paid for it 24/7 , your works stunning and in Scotland you have the perfect wildlife setiings

Get yourself out there so we minnions can run to the papers and sell made up stories about you

Missus was out late last night taking photos of the aurora mate, then stayed up all night to take photos of the sunrise! (Loony) so she's in bed now giving me some peace 😹
I'll post if she got anything good.
You've got tae keep watchin, till ye get the 'moment' ;)

Fur this shot I made a set up in a local woodland......Brought a braw perch doon fae Cairngorm. last time I was up .....Put up a few feeders and the bird I was wanting to get close to turned up......The Goldfinch.....I got real close here, as you can see from the feather detail...

View attachment 13849
crackin picture

i usually look for trees where the bows broke off then put the feed in the hole sometimes it works

when the weather was down in the -3 -4 and the snow was here i'd put a chicken carcas out on the table all the birds were feeding then all scattered as a sparrow hawk landed right outside the window ,,,,,,snathched the camera up and ,,,,battery flat ,,,ffs

Members online

No members online now.

Back