Picture Gallery

So, our husky Georgia, loves to run, but she isn't a fan of harnesses
Every morning, it's a wrestling match with her trying to get her harness on (her 4th one, since she managed to chew the other ones to bits when I forgot to take them off, and she was in the back seat as I'm driving)
"FFS !!! it's not as if we don't feed you, or buy you chew toys !!"
Anyway, this morning, it was "Nope...!!" she got her feet out of it, and ran back upstairs
I tried to be crafty and went outside, hoping she'd come downstairs, and we could do the dance thing again
This was what she was doing...sitting on the stairs looking down at me, as if to say; "That thing gone yet ?"
She's no dummy...but she is a lot of fun and she knows she's safe and loved with us

Georgia No to Harnesses.jpg

Last edited:
Every morning, it's a wrestling match with her trying to get her harness on (her 4th one, since she managed to chew the other ones to bits when I forgot to take them off, and she was in the back seat as I'm driving)
Anyway, this morning, it was "Nope...!!" she got her feet out of it, and ran back upstairs
I tried to be crafty and went outside, hoping she'd come downstairs, and we could do the dance thing again
This was what she was doing...sitting on the stairs looking down at me, as if to say; "That thing gone yet ?"
She's no dummy...but she is a lot of fun and she knows she's safe and loved with us

View attachment 15226
You can buy an anti chew spray made from bitter apples. You can try spraying the harness with that so she doesn't chew it. Of course, she might hate the harness even more if it tastes to bad!

View attachment 15226
She's maybe spent her days tethered ? try keeping the harness on you ,carry at hand all the time the dog won't see it as threat then and might stop chewing it

You can buy an anti chew spray made from bitter apples. You can try spraying the harness with that so she doesn't chew it. Of course, she might hate the harness even more if it tastes to bad!
We have it, and it works for a little while, then wears off
Thanks mate
Every day is adventure
This is my friends dog, NIKOIMG_20210525_210322_388.jpg
He's a Siberian husky/Karelian Bear dog cross, with maybe a little wolf inhim
He's twice the size of Georgia, they've never met, but they have a lot of the same traits
NIKO got 'skunked' and had to have a bath every few hours, in tomato juice, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap
My friend said he wasn't best pleased and when she called him afterwards, this was how he reacted
As I said, a lot like Georgia 😂

She's maybe spent her days tethered ? try keeping the harness on you ,carry at hand all the time the dog won't see it as threat then and might stop chewing it
All good mate, you could be right, I reckon she was neglected up North, left outside, maybe tethered, to her own devices, to fend for herself, so it took her a while to trust people again
None of the huskies like to be restrained
And she will chew whatever's at hand, anytime, anywhere
She's very happy with us and loves everybody and everything...especially food

I’m oan ma holidays for 2 weeks, I’ve got a wee touring caravan, 1st stop haltwhistle, for a wee walk along Hadrian’s wall
D5C0123A-549A-48CD-94B0-31BAFC2F33BA.jpeg
This is probably the most photographed spot in the whole of Northumberland National Park. Here, a sycamore tree grows in a dramatic dip with Hadrian’s Wall rising up either side. The 1991 film ‘Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves’, starring Kevin Costner, was filmed here. The tree has been known as The Robin Hood Tree ever since

Members online

Latest posts

Back