Picture Gallery

'Snipe'.....These birds are so difficult to get close to, but I got lucky with this one...It was perched on top of a wooden post at the side of the road, enjoying the early morning light....I saw it as I was driving, slowed down, turned the engine off, and free wheeled till I got near. Managed a few shots before it flew off into the undergrowth...

AY2I9773.jpg

'Snipe'.....These birds are so difficult to get close to, but I got lucky with this one...It was perched on top of a wooden post at the side of the road, enjoying the early morning light....I saw it as I was driving, slowed down, turned the engine off, and free wheeled till I got near. Managed a few shots before it flew off into the undergrowth...

View attachment 13992
You sniped up on it mate! 😹

View attachment 13992
Terrific birds aren't they lennono ? I think waders in general are my favourite group of birds. Lovely shot as always.

Terrific birds aren't they lennono ? I think waders in general are my favourite group of birds. Lovely shot as always.
Thanks Frank.....Same here, I like photographing waders.....not easy to get close to though, as you'll know.....especially Curlews......For this shot, I was in amongst the rocks at low tide under a cam net and this Curlew flew in towards me, spotted me at the last second and flew off .......but I did manage 3 quick shots.....This one is at 800mm, so was fair chuffed :)

157305035_1888900951261099_6085736211885253337_o.jpg

Not until September mate.....think they are waiting and hoping Covid is under control by that time, as the winners have to travel to Manchester for the awards ceremony
Good stuff mate ...I've no doubts it will go ahead ..3rd wave will happen but we will be in better place and normal life has to resume with some minimal restrictions applied ...good luck. 👍

What photos did you enter to the competition mate?
I only entered the one Hoopy......I'd rather not post it online.....until after the final judging.....if you get what I mean.....It was similar to this one, 2 Red Kites flying in a banking pose, this is from the same photoshoot...I got five images of the two birds together...This was the last image in the set....The one I entered was very similar...but a lot better flight pose, and better background...Although my camera can fire off 14 frames per second....these birds fly so fast that the five images were different....

Red Kites.jpg

Thanks Frank.....Same here, I like photographing waders.....not easy to get close to though, as you'll know.....especially Curlews......For this shot, I was in amongst the rocks at low tide under a cam net and this Curlew flew in towards me, spotted me at the last second and flew off .......but I did manage 3 quick shots.....This one is at 800mm, so was fair chuffed :)

View attachment 13993
Brilliant shot lennono, as you know my Nikon telephoto only goes out to 500mm. In fairness it is a decent lens, but being 5.6 aperture is also limiting. Yes, the curlew is up there amongst my favourites. Their bubbling calls when heard over their breeding grounds up in the moors is something to behold.

Back