Picture Gallery

Yeah Cairnsy, it's our favourite place to kayak
The body of water known as the Straits of Georgia, part of the Salish Sea, which flows into the Pacific Ocean
All kinds of marine life out there
Seals, Orcas, Dolphins
The seals are curious, and when they're not lying on rocks snoozing, they'll come to investigate the 'visitors' in the funny looking boats

OKMUbVf.jpg

tmKGs9F.jpg
Love it pal what a life I wid love to see orcas while doing a bit of kayaking 😁

I kayaked around Bowen Island about twenty years ago, when my mate lived there
I didn't see any orcas but they are majestic creatures and serve to remind us, of just how insignificant we are
They are often seen frolicking just off the ferries, as they make crossings to the various islands around BC
I have been an ocean kayaker for more than 25 years, and I'd recommend anyone who ever wanted to try it, to give it a go

In the wild Yea,A few trainers have lost their lives at water parks due to killer wales, keeping them captive isn't on due to stress on them etc, but losing a life is still tragic.

Beautiful creatures and they belong in the ocean not a glorified bath tub.
Thats the parks fault for keeping such intelligent animals in a swimming pool 🤬

In the wild Yea,A few trainers have lost their lives at water parks due to killer wales, keeping them captive isn't on due to stress on them etc, but losing a life is still tragic.

Beautiful creatures and they belong in the ocean not a glorified bath tub.
Knew a few guys who worked in sea world in orlando back in the 80s wasn't just humans that lost there lives some of the stories doin the rounds were terrible

Day 37 of no rain and the wildfires in the interior are over 300 now
The park is looking pretty dry, and we have water restrictions ongoing
But thankfully the smoke hasn't hit our area as of yet
The fires are raging about 4 hours from us but we have family and friends, who have been on evacuation alert (where you have to leave home at a moment's notice) for the last 2 weeks
The town of Lytton was completely destroyed and some of the most scenic places in BC are under threat
There's so much smoke in the Okanagan, at noon, it looks like nightfall, and ash is falling in towns 30 miles away
We get this every year but this is a bad one, some are caused by lightning strikes in the forest, some by carelessly discarded cigarettes and some are lit by pyromaniacs who get their jollies by putting people's lives at risk
It's tragic watching the news every day, and seeing the devastation caused by these wildfires

This is the town of Lytton, BC
Imagine waking up, and seeing this coming down the mountain towards your house

Lytton.jpg

Park 44.jpgPark 2.jpgPark 1.jpg

Thanks for the indulgence Bhoys & Ghirls
Today the wee yin turned 5 years old
"I'm a big girl now Papa !!!"
We'll see her on the weekend and she'll be wearing one of her Princess dresses, that's how it's going these days
Took her to the park, scorching hot..."Want to wear shorts, a t shirt, and flip flops honey ?"
"Nope"
Goes into her room, and dresses herself in her Princess dress and sandals
"OK Papa, let's go...!!"
She was sweltering in the dress and everyone was stopping to complement her on her attire...lol
Weans eh ?
:ROFLMAO:
Anyway, here's a wee collage of her, over the past few months
And of course, her present from her uncle Michael, still get a wee bit emotional, when I think of him, how much we miss him, and his fantastic generosity

HH

Lily 5 today .jpgLily Papa 1.jpegLily Papa Scotland .jpegLiliana Celtic Ghirl 1.jpg

Last edited:
Back