Pile drivers becoming a thing of the past

Magnificent 7

Was just thinking over the debates about who will be our new manager and what type of players we need. Something that seems to be missing from the modern game is the pile driver shot and goal. All the talk these days is transitions formations pressing possession structures phases etc .Weve had some great players through the years who scored some crackers from distance and had the skill technique and power to do just that ..Bobby Murdoch Glavin Murdo just to name a few...what was your favourite pile driver ? I will start with Big Hartson against Liverpool.

Was just thinking over the debates about who will be our new manager and what type of players we need. Something that seems to be missing from the modern game is the pile driver shot and goal. All the talk these days is transitions formations pressing possession structures phases etc .Weve had some great players through the years who scored some crackers from distance and had the skill technique and power to do just that ..Bobby Murdoch Glavin Murdo just to name a few...what was your favourite pile driver ? I will start with Big Hartson against Liverpool.

Surely it has to be Tommy Gemmell’s rocket that flew past Sarti in Lisbon...

In 42 years of going to games , this is the greatest strike I've seen from a Celtic player... enjoy

Belter of a goal, whit a movement he gets on the ball, hun keeper starts going to his left, then the ball viciously moves right about 10ft and catches him out, if that was done by a Brazilian they’d still be talking about it, Roberto Carlos, eat your heart out....there’s only one Nakamura💚🍀

Members online

Latest posts

Back