Player Fitness

Was Tommy no a cheap option?

Penny pinchers, huh

Shoulda had a team capable of winning euro trophy but they insisted on Tommy burns an ex celt cheap option with some Diddy experience with kilmarnock

Shameful stuff

no wonder we never went burst
I disagree with that. I enjoyed some of the best football under his leadership and Fergus refused to back him with the CB he desperately needed, Tommy was deeply wounded by this and I was in his camp against Fergus and still am. With a couple of million spent we could've taken them I believe, I cant prove that of course, but I was befeft wen McCann fired him, I was not a fan of the Bunnet.

On the sevco game though TET TV is 100% right a more shocking performance against a team who scored from 2 set plays, no shots on target it's a million miles away from good enough and inexcusable and hes bang on that point. But (theres always a but) our performances have improved if not results though that pittodrie pt may turn out to be valuable in the slog. I dont think they have the players to cope on 4 fronts and we can go on 5 , 1 from last season. We got them at the worst timing for us so many first team picks missing , well they're returning with a vengeance even bain looks a man on a mission mon the hoops today blow this decent aberdeen side out of the water and please start with Griffiths or give him at least the last half hour if needed HH COYBIG ☘
I agree Lennons tactics in big games dont impress me.

But despite that his return appears to be decent value although he still doesn't fill me with confidence as much as I expected.

But dont see who we could get that would that would get better overall results

his record so far is pretty strong against the majority of teams even with his strange style but as long as he winning and competing on all fronts I cant see how he could be replaced unless he was ill or decided he was done.

I would like Klopp

no gonna happen without sugar daddy though and even then I doubt we would get big name worth the cash involved

Who wants to manage week in week out against backs to the wall ordinary teams in rain and be castigated if you ever draw or dont win against everybody

I disagree with that. I enjoyed some of the best football under his leadership and Fergus refused to back him with the CB he desperately needed, Tommy was deeply wounded by this and I was in his camp against Fergus and still am. With a couple of million spent we could've taken them I believe, I cant prove that of course, but I was befeft wen McCann fired him, I was not a fan of the Bunnet.
What made him a better manager than lennon

I thought burns football was best I ever seen but he won very little despite having me on edge loving every game

win lose or draw it was magic

I doubt burns would be given same leeway as he was then

its always easier being the underdog

And if we had been in position of rangers and running up titles with excessively paid players then I doubt you would been happy that burns was employed from killie

perspective is everything

we are not considered underdogs anymore but the football is not as good despite the huge wages involved today

But despite that his return appears to be decent value although he still doesn't fill me with confidence as much as I expected.

his record so far is pretty strong against the majority of teams even with his strange style but as long as he winning and competing on all fronts I cant see how he could be replaced unless he was ill or decided he was done.

I would like Klopp

no gonna happen without sugar daddy though and even then I doubt we would get big name worth the cash involved

Who wants to manage week in week out against backs to the wall ordinary teams in rain and be castigated if you ever draw or dont win against everybody
Yep same here agree with all of that. Rodgers is a better manager and for me theres no two ways about that but we moaned about his passive pass pass pass to death boring football. I personally think that had our players turned up wed have won that game. Perhaps we thought we'd just turn up and win and we cant do that against many in the spfl who have now got decent squads international players in almost every club if not all. We cannot take liberties with anyone this season especially so I expect that the rest of the family will be with me on demanding a result and performance against aberdeen today HH

Reactions: TET

I would like Klopp

His return is good, I don't disagree with that at all. My point is he needs together it right this year. So far we have been a shadow of a shadow of our form. He needs to sort it or he has to go. Whowold replace him? For me, Its obvious we wouldn't get in an elite manager, so, the only person for me would be Strachan. He knows the club and looking around at other possible options he is the only one who I think would take it if asked that I wouldn't worry about needing time together us under his skin. It wont have to happen hopefully as Lenny uses his best players and changes it when players aren't turning up. If he does this he will be fine, if he doesn't he needs to go. I want him to lift the 10 to get right up the sevconians, but Want us to win it regardless of who is in the charge.

As for Klopp, Im with you on the, but, thats never going to happen. His clubs from now on will be, Barcelona, Madrid, PSG, Bayern's of this world. Not a league like ours.

What made him a better manager than lennon

I thought burns football was best I ever seen but he won very little despite having on edge loving every game

win lose or draw it was magic

I doubt burns would be given same leeway as he was then

its always easier being the underdog

And if we had been in position of rangers and running up titles with excessively paid players then I doubt you would been happy that burns was employed from killie

perspective is everything

we are not considered underdogs anymore but the football is not as good despite the huge wages involved today
Did I say he was a better manager than Lennon? No.

Yep same here agree with all of that. Rodgers is a better manager and for me theres no two ways about that but we moaned about his passive pass pass pass to death boring football. I personally think that had our players turned up wed have won that game. Perhaps we thought we'd just turn up and win and we cant do that against many in the spfl who have now got decent squads international players in almost every club if not all. We cannot take liberties with anyone this season especially so I expect that the rest of the family will be with me on demanding a result and performance against aberdeen today HH
imm no so sure

gerrards style is very tough to penetrate even for some of the classy teams in europe and for me I dont rate any of their players, but Gerrard has impressed me, if wages and prices paid are true he also can manage and get best out of players he buys

I thought our weird style might have problems since he slowly getting that team gelled into a hard shell with hooks to sneak a goal if you expose yourself at back

I dont like how he promotes hubris (lennon that is) by praising mediocrity and encouraging selfish behaviours

But it seems to work, results wise. But it might unravel if the hubris is not checked and managed better.

but thats my only gripes

other than I find his style uninteresting mostly

id have a burns style any day of the week but it probably also gets beaten by the shell and claw of gerrards system

imo

His return is good, I don't disagree with that at all. My point is he needs together it right this year. So far we have been a shadow of a shadow of our form. He needs to sort it or he has to go. Whowold replace him? For me, Its obvious we wouldn't get in an elite manager, so, the only person for me would be Strachan. He knows the club and looking around at other possible options he is the only one who I think would take it if asked that I wouldn't worry about needing time together us under his skin. It wont have to happen hopefully as Lenny uses his best players and changes it when players aren't turning up. If he does this he will be fine, if he doesn't he needs to go. I want him to lift the 10 to get right up the sevconians, but Want us to win it regardless of who is in the charge.

As for Klopp, Im with you on the, but, thats never going to happen. His clubs from now on will be, Barcelona, Madrid, PSG, Bayern's of this world. Not a league like ours.
Tbf rangers game aside he was one minute looking at the best squad weve had since the Seville squad and then suddenly we lost many of them for different reasons but I still believe that our bench will be the defining factor in this title race . As griff said yesterday we are 2pts off where we were this time last year, this scottish cup when we win it will galvanise the squad and set us up nicely for the 10 HH

Tbf rangers game aside he was one minute looking at the best squad weve had since the Seville squad and then suddenly we lost many of them for different reasons but I still believe that our bench will be the defining factor in this title race . As griff said yesterday we are 2pts off where we were this time last year, this scottish cup when we win it will galvanise the squad and set us up nicely for the 10 HH
I was delighted with the window, although I did have reservations about Duffy being best said to our style. It has nothing to do with the squad for me, its the players aren't performing. Lenny needs to sort that now. There is no space for further setbacks, self-inflicted. we have by fr the best squad, but, if you don't use that squad and keep fielding players who're out of form, that won't matter. A great squad is only good if its used.

imm no so sure

gerrards style is very tough to penetrate even for some of the classy teams in europe and for me I dont rate any of their players, but Gerrard has impressed me, if wages and prices paid are true he also can manage and get best out of players he buys

I thought our weird style might have problems since he slowly getting that team gelled into a hard shell with hooks to sneak a goal if you expose yourself at back

I dont like how he promotes hubris (lennon that is) by praising mediocrity and encouraging selfish behaviours

But it seems to work, results wise. But it might unravel if the hubris is not checked and managed better.

but thats my only gripes

id have a burns style any day of the week but it probably also gets beaten by the shell and claw of gerrards system

imo
I dont rate slippy as a manager , if you're talking everyone behind the ball and then break on the counter then sure he can coach players to do this. This has always been the rangers old and newco way and as for their European record its decent but what big fish have they played? Every game we play are top quality in Europe often national champions, just watched lech poznan play them off the park at ibrox and lose lech are 10th in poland. If they go and win in Lisbon v benfica then I'll begrudgingly give him it but I happen to believe they'll lose that game by 3 at least.

I was delighted with the window, although I did have reservations about Duffy being best said to our style. It has nothing to do with the squad for me, its the players aren't performing. Lenny needs to sort that now. There is no space for further setbacks, self-inflicted. we have by fr the best squad, but, if you don't use that squad and keep fielding players who're out of form, that won't matter. A great squad is only good if its used.
Agree especially with Duffy he needs to be taken out of the spotlight for a bit go with harem, ajer and welsh if need be taylor as well. For big shane it's not only Celtic but Ireland too and another example of the spfl being underestimated by EPL players .

Agree especially with Duffy he needs to be taken out of the spotlight for a bit go with harem, ajer and welsh if need be taylor as well. For big shane it's not only Celtic but Ireland too and another example of the spfl being underestimated by EPL players .
I hope he comes good, but he's 28 not a kid and he needs to concentrate more, keep it simple, win his headers which he hasn't at set pieces. I doubt he can, he is piss poor at passing the ball forward and doesn't realise how slow he is until its too late. We play out from the back, every time it is thrown to him by the keeper, 400 of my hairs go white. He is a liability right now with his continuous errors and they can cost us everything. He needs dropped and get his act together, £45k a week or not. We have cover until that happens.

imm no so sure

but thats my only gripes

imo
I'm not sure it really is that difficult to break down, TET.

Many teams have an obsession with going wide and then trying to swing something into the box. There's a lack of variation and an unwillingness to take the ball for a walk and drive through the centre of midfield and defences. Any time a player runs at pace at Goldson and Helander, they both look vulnerable, except none of our lads tried a fuck and and no one took any responsibility. They quite literally tried to pass pass pass the buck and couldn't do that properly either.

That mob are only as good as we allow them to be. We played right into their system and that was unforgivable. They only have one way of playing. They're comfortable with it and they've had some early success with it, but it's up to us to make them play in areas that they aren't comfortable in and we just didn't do that. For the third successive game, we set up to try and negate them and for the third successive game it failed miserably.

That was Lenny's arrogance, pride and ego on full display in that game, along with the general incompetence and lack of courage from the players. There was nothing from the huns that suggested they were unbeatable. We were just rank fucking rotten.

I hope he comes good, but he's 28 not a kid and he needs to concentrate more, keep it simple, win his headers which he hasn't at set pieces. I doubt he can, he is piss poor at passing the ball forward and doesn't realise how slow he is until its too late. We play out from the back, every time it is thrown to him by the keeper, 400 of my hairs go white. He is a liability right now with his continuous errors and they can cost us everything. He needs dropped and get his act together, £45k a week or not. We have cover until that happens.
That's 3xactly my point TV he needs to be dropped unless hes showing really well this week in training but a back 3 with duffy sets alarm bells ringing right away, better in a back 4 but should be dropped so he knows his place is not guaranteed

I dont rate slippy as a manager , if you're talking everyone behind the ball and then break on the counter then sure he can coach players to do this. This has always been the rangers old and newco way and as for their European record its decent but what big fish have they played? Every game we play are top quality in Europe often national champions, just watched lech poznan play them off the park at ibrox and lose lech are 10th in poland. If they go and win in Lisbon v benfica then I'll begrudgingly give him it but I happen to believe they'll lose that game by 3 at least.
I dont think its great football

But it is impressive management of resources and very hard to beat.

I prefer cavalier style but it often gets sucker punched by that style if its gelled and that takes good management.

its like Clarke with killie

not interesting to watch but very hard to beat even with ordinary players and a team that will open up and give you counter spaces.

thats what you need to do if your playing against odds imo

but its anathema to celtic as choice

I didn't want Moyes but he would have given us a stronger back four imo that was supported better but would that style have been useful against Scottish teams

So for Gerrard to get good series of results with much less resources and less quality starting in his squad means he done well

not really exciting but strong as they possibly could be under their restraints

I dont think any other manager in game Ould have done better with those players

he managed to get to group stages every season despite some very very tricky opponents in pre ko part

An although he won zip

he made them play as a team

lotta draws in there coz he struggles against wall defence but slowly they even getting over line against Scottish teams more often

he is the main factor in the nerves at Celtic imo

not their players

not lennon

but his style is hard to crack and its got punch too now

Let's not forget TET hes been amply backed by mystery monies and it's no longer a team of project players but many are loaned players. I dont deny hes improved them but murty wouldve also had he been afforded the same time

Members online

Latest posts

Back