Player Fitness

a lot of our games under brendan were won due to our superior fitness. Games where we werent quite at the races. And even at the beginning of lennons 2nd spell we saw it. 1st half maybe we would go in 1 or 2 goals up but we all knew 2nd half as the other team tired we would smash in 3 or 4 more and we did....but now, when we all expect us to kick on in the 2nd half we don't seem to be able to..
We could keep all the sideways passing going quicker for longer and the opposition got dizzy and then we would strike.

Can anyone remember when Celtic players looked as unfit as the current squad? What the hell goes on in training? I’ll say this for The Rat - he kept himself in shape, and the players also looked fitter under his management. But if I have to look at Lennon bursting out of that tracksuit and coat one more time I will scream. Does he sleep in that gear? He looks an absolute state. It just personifies the shambling, lethargic, half-assed culture that seems to have taken hold under Lenny.
That is a fair enough point but what I would say is lenny looks like a man vs the world I hope hes not reading the social media blogs etc gor he needs all the help he can get, only wim has been under anything like the pressure that lenny is under and it's no surprise its showing. I'd like to see WGS in his backroom team, someone with the balls to say no lenny bad idea , WGS may not have grown up a celt but he is now as his commentaries prove he doesnt refer to the club as Celtic he refers to the club as us and we need all the help we can get its mh understanding lenny respects him put Strachan jnr in with the kids bring in WGS as a go to man problem solved , fs I should get a place on the board with ideas like that. 😛

Can anyone remember when Celtic players looked as unfit as the current squad? What the hell goes on in training? I’ll say this for The Rat - he kept himself in shape, and the players also looked fitter under his management. But if I have to look at Lennon bursting out of that tracksuit and coat one more time I will scream. Does he sleep in that gear? He looks an absolute state. It just personifies the shambling, lethargic, half-assed culture that seems to have taken hold under Lenny.
Can you give us your solution to the problems you are facing?

A wee song to cheer up Lenny

Why would the fitness levels allowed to fly after benchmarks are set? I don't think that is the case. I was watching the Guy John Paul somebody on youtube and a part of the discussion was about how long it has taken for some players to get fit, or return to fitness. I think that is something that needs looked at. Lenny definitely looks troubled. But, so would I if we were a quarter way through the season and still event played a whole game at our best. He also should be deeply concerned that Slippy has handed him his arse tactics wise, by shutting down our play and so far, Lenny doesn't seem to have a fucking clue how to counter it. The best way to make him feel better is to get the team selection right and maybe have a tactic or two in reserve when other teams don't stand back and admire us. As for him bursting out of training outfits, well a few people have put on a bit of weight during lockdown, at least he s still eating, people deeply depressed tend to b of their food, hopefully its not the drink this ling on the pounds, easily done. Thursday will either help or deepen the issue.

I can't say I have noticed a drop in the levels of fitness of the celtic team to be honest. We had AC Milan on the ropes in the second half and they looked out on their legs.

I think there is a difference in the way BR and NL play when we lose the ball, BR harried the opposition much higher up the pitch starting the strikers (Griff is the only one that seems to do this now) than what NL teams do. NL likes to drop off and get shape.

It makes the team look like they are giving 100% - when infact it can be seen as headless chickens. Personally in Scottish football I like the BR style in Europe I prefer the NL style.

Once again, player fitness - or lack of it - undermined us last night. At 24 why is Ntcham struggling to last 60 mins? A disgraceful situation for an elite, professional footballer. More importantly, the fact that Lennon seemed to be the last person to realise Ntcham was gassed probably explains why the training and conditioning monitoring is so amateurish under Neil. Lennon is hopeless at detail. Like some of his players, Lennon clearly isn’t putting in the hard hours ensuring that every aspect of performance is addressed. Our team is unfit. Shockingly so. That rests with Lennon.

Once again, player fitness - or lack of it - undermined us last night. At 24 why is Ntcham struggling to last 60 mins? A disgraceful situation for an elite, professional footballer. More importantly, the fact that Lennon seemed to be the last person to realise Ntcham was gassed probably explains why the training and conditioning monitoring is so amateurish under Neil. Lennon is hopeless at detail. Like some of his players, Lennon clearly isn’t putting in the hard hours ensuring that every aspect of performance is addressed. Our team is unfit. Shockingly so. That rests with Lennon.
Phuq off!

Members online

Latest posts

Back