Player Of The Season?

MacGregor for me because of his consistency and the responsibility he has taken in what must have been a difficult season.

Carter-Vickers pushes him close and it will be amazing to see what Kyogo can achieve if he can stay fit for an entire season.

Hart has stabilised us at the back and also pulled off several wonder saves too at crucial times.

Abada probably sneaks the young player of the year, but O'Riley has done very well since he joined us.

Ralston beats out Taylor for most improved player (purely because I don't think Greg was as poor as many said), although Rogic's return to form has been incredible.

My choice would be Greg Taylor...but I can't put my finger on the reason why ?
:ROFLMAO:
There's more than a few, but for me, CalMac stepped up and took the reins, did a fantastic job, and showed true leadership
Showed the right mix of calmness, and aggression, when needed during games
CCV, Joe Hart, Kyogo, and big GG over the past few games

COYBIG

Tony Ralston.
For his all round improvement and willingness to walk run through walls for the cause.
His goals and assists have been invaluable, especially the 97 minute goal at Dingwall that was the pivot of our Season.
That, and he's a Celt through and through. He deserves some recognition.

Last edited:
Carter Vickers for me ...I don't think he has had one bad game all season. Has been the glue that has held our defence together is often the starting point of most of our attacks, Immense against the huns scoring the winner in their dump. Has brilliant discipline and leads by example. Solid as a rock game in game out.
Abada gets the young player....terrific for a young lad in his first season ...goals and assists galore.

Calum McGregor has always had the chops to be a top-class footballer; however - there would be times in big games where something would go wrong for him and he would lose the run of himself for 10 minutes.

This would inevitability lead to stupid challenges in the box, red cards and general brain farts.

None of that has been evident this season. He has been frighteningly consistent and is the beating heartbeat of the team.

We've had players who have made an incredible impact this season and it's a crowded field of contenders, but CalMac edges it for me.

Great question with so many worthy candidates to chose from, and yet nearly every player used has contributed to the success of the season to date imo.
Yet the stand out for me has to be our captain calmac.
To have to take on the role, after the shambles of last season, in the biggest rebuild in our history, with so many new players coming into the club and to be able to help create such a wonderful team spirit in such a short space of time, speaks volumes of what a truly fantastic man, person and player calmac still remains.
Questions were quite rightly asked at the start of the season as to whether calmac could step up into the role left by broony?
Passed that test with flying colours, and returning for the game against the scum, really led to the belief that this league title was well within our capability this season.
Has had great support from Joe Hart also.
So for me when using the term best player, it means our most influencal player on and off the field of play so imo
1) Calmac
2) Joe Hart
3) Kyogo

Last edited:
Probably the most difficult choice for many a season, several candidates for varying reasons.
For me CCV and Calmac are almost identical profiles, committed and consistent.
On Jota’s early form it was hard to see him not being POTY but he has dropped off a wee bit or maybe he set the bar too high to begin with?
Hart has been a rock, just think back to the problems at the back prior to his arrival, not only has he been a revelation between the sticks but the defence for me has looked much better, and I attribute a lot of that to Hart himself, he inspires confidence in the boys in front of him, so hard to look past him but how often to goalie’s get it?
Very difficult….probably Hart for me as the difference at the back since his arrival is night and day.

Has to be McGregor for me. No one was really sure how or if he could step into Brown's shoes. I dont think the Ange revolution would have happened so quickly without him to be honest.
Think I'd agree with you there lubo hes stepped up and made it look like weve never missed broony .
In truth I wouldnt argue against any of the others mentioned the whole squad have excelled themselves but just for the pressure on his shoulders and the shoes he had to fill I'd give calmac it .

I know I'm a bit premature (no sniggering at the back 🙄)
Some options (others are available) Jota, Abada, CalMac, Kyogo, Rogic, Juranovic, Carter Vickers, Hart.

I'm getting to the point of thinking it's CCV, he's been fantastic and utterly consistent.
Perfect piece of Ejaculation there Hoopy whit yi like.
CCV in any other season would be a shoo in. 👏
But to me the Masked super hero that is Captain fantastic CalMac gets my vote.
He’s led this team of No Hopers to the Brink of a Double. In a Rebuild Season.
but to be fair any off the new guys could get it. that’s how far this Squad has come
And the gone by Xmas guy has been an absolute revafuckinglation Mate.
Great to have you back ya wee pussy yi 👏
Mon the Athenian Fenian
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back