Players and Management need to step up now

oj17

I find it quite frankly insulting that millionaire players and management of all clubs are not offering to reduce their wages and not the f'ing insulting 10% that the SFA just announced.

Thousands of 'normal' football employee's are already beeing furloughed at a max of 2500 a month - many significantly below that figure - and what for - to effectively shore up millionaires salary.

The Furlough net isnt of course catching everybody either - some self - employed folks are getting considerably less or even nothing

I am doubly dissapointed that Celtic havent taken a lead in this.

I find it quite frankly insulting that millionaire players and management of all clubs are not offering to reduce their wages and not the f'ing insulting 10% that the SFA just announced.

Thousands of 'normal' football employee's are already beeing furloughed at a max of 2500 a month - many significantly below that figure - and what for - to effectively shore up millionaires salary.

The Furlough net isnt of course catching everybody either - some self - employed folks are getting considerably less or even nothing

I am doubly dissapointed that Celtic havent taken a lead in this.
Would be fucking raging if the board didn't give up there wage! let's see what happens.

So the lowest paid members of staff will have 20% of their wages paid by Celtic and 80% by the government? not phuqin right,Lawwell, the board and the players better step up!
Thats the same in all workds MD, 80% Gov until May. Lowest paid will be covered under Employment law in these testing times on lower wages, thats the legal part MD we don't know what other help they obtain from their club, but just now thats the legals MD.

So the lowest paid members of staff will have 20% of their wages paid by Celtic and 80% by the government? not phuqin right,Lawwell, the board and the players better step up!
Anyone that pulls on the hoops should know the history of our club.....fuckin pay cuts shouldn't even be discussed! It's the moral fibre on which our club was built FFS!

Im absolutley raging by the minute - just seen an article on the Beeb news were its basically confirmed that teams are shoring up the big salaries by shafting the working guys and gals.

If they the players and management dont sort it out fast I would be then leaning to 'null and void' and tell the millionaires to f off as the tv contracts are 'null and void' therfore your salary and ferrai are 'null and void'

Take the lead Celtic players!!

Just before we let personal feelings get in the way, we have to consider the factors.

1. Every set-salary or hourly paid employee will be the subject of a contract of employment which will highlight both "any other duties" and "exigent circumstances"

2. Each individual player's contract will vary on a person-to-person basis. Player contracts will include various bonuses for appearances, goals, clean sheets, trophies and other accumulated bonuses.

It is therefore extremely difficult to enforce a blanket percentage cut on a myriad of different contractual terms.

It's perhaps better to be patient before judging the players moral fibre. There is not one of us who won't be affected financially during this period and that's just an unfortunate side effect of this disaster. There are clubs currently deferring the contracts of non-playing staff and that is a travesty, but let's not be too hasty as to rush to judgement here.

I dont think we should wait to see what happens - season ticket renewals - NO WAY - until Celtic gurantee all nonplaying staff will be protected + some community support

Our wage bill is reported to be 60 Million - taking that down say 30% and spending that 18 million in supporting ordinary staff and community projects is what needs to be done now.

Just before we let personal feelings get in the way, we have to consider the factors.

1. Every set-salary or hourly paid employee will be the subject of a contract of employment which will highlight both "any other duties" and "exigent circumstances"

2. Each individual player's contract will vary on a person-to-person basis. Player contracts will include various bonuses for appearances, goals, clean sheets, trophies and other accumulated bonuses.

It is therefore extremely difficult to enforce a blanket percentage cut on a myriad of different contractual terms.

It's perhaps better to be patient before judging the players moral fibre. There is not one of us who won't be affected financially during this period and that's just an unfortunate side effect of this disaster. There are clubs currently deferring the contracts of non-playing staff and that is a travesty, but let's not be too hasty as to rush to judgement here.
all I have to say is 60 million wage bill......the 'individual' can easily drop 30% for what is probably only going to be 6 months - no excuses

Just as a point of interest........

Are these the same millionaire footballers that we demand Peter Lawwell keep paying even more millions for?

Not sure we can have it both ways here.

If we insist that Peter pays the money, then surely we couldn't be so hypocritical as to demand they give it back in times of trouble..........could we?

No
Just as a point of interest........

Are these the same millionaire footballers that we demand Peter Lawwell keep paying even more millions for?

Not sure we can have it both ways here.

If we insist that Peter pays the money, then surely we couldn't be so hypocritical as to demand they give it back in times of trouble..........could we?
No one's saying that SP lead by example, and protect the less fortunate within the club and that goes for top earners at the club fuck me they can afford it..just be the club we were founded on Celtic not hard to ask.

all I have to say is 60 million wage bill......the 'individual' can easily drop 30% for what is probably only going to be 6 months - no excuses
PS. I am self employed and have back dated my invoices at 75% of my normal rate since 1st feb and 50% of my normal rate since 1 March to try and help my company survive. I assure you I drive a 11 yr old shitty focus estate...and I am not flying home first class whilst on 'holiday'

There is no justification or moral support anybody can imagine football players can have during this crisis to retain their full support when the people that scrape together TV subscriptions or season ticket money to pay their wages when those people are now struggling to survive

No justificaton, no support - just bet your morals straight

Im absolutley raging by the minute - just seen an article on the Beeb news were its basically confirmed that teams are shoring up the big salaries by shafting the working guys and gals.

If they the players and management dont sort it out fast I would be then leaning to 'null and void' and tell the millionaires to f off as the tv contracts are 'null and void' therfore your salary and ferrai are 'null and void'

Take the lead Celtic players!!
Any chance odf a wee link oj17 to "just seen an article on the Beeb news ........................."

No
No one's saying that SP lead by example, and protect the less fortunate within the club and that goes for top earners at the club fuck me they can afford it..just be the club we were founded on Celtic not hard to ask.
Aye, I agree entirely with the sentiment, TGS, but unfortunately - my feelings don't supercede law.

The argument is in keeping everyone at a financially viable level, but most importantly, still in work.

Industry in this country is going to be devastated in the aftermath of this thing. We're all going to get rattled with taxes up to our eyeballs and sometimes we just have to be thankful for small mercies.

Regardless of being furloughed. No staff member should be theoretically out of pocket, which is a damned sight better than many of us.

Members online

Latest posts

Back