Players from the dark side.

Brian Laudrup.

Great footballer. Him and Larsson in the same team would have been the key to European glory.

Ran into him a few times through pseudo-bluenose (weren't they all back then, glory-hunting pricks...) company I was with through work up in Bar 29 (or whatever it was called), back in the 90s.

Seemed to prefer talking to me than the fawning fanboys I was with; the 'Jim White' experience was not something he found flattering or welcome. Would talk about things other than football if he could - popular culture, wine, and his cars - which he later got busted for, lol.

Always came across as a decent, intelligent fella, not too impressed with the Hun hordes mindset - who the fck would be after spending time in Italy? - and didn't seem to buy too much into the Hun team-drinking culture at that time. Watched him extricate himself from a Goram-led mob one night and disappear quietly.

I always reckoned he was a bit of a quiet shagger on the side; there would be some spectacular women float around him.
However, last time I spoke to him I was pished and he politely deflected my eloquent enquiry about Gough being a gloryhole-addicted, rent-boy afficionado buftie.:D
Laudrup was the best player I ever saw play for the ??. I was at a league game at Hampden when he absolutely tore us to bits. An absolute reaming. I couldn't talk for hours.

Laudrup was the best player I ever saw play for the ??. I was at a league game at Hampden when he absolutely tore us to bits. An absolute reaming. I couldn't talk for hours.
I think the game was the one where a very young inexperienced mark McNally faced laudrop. McNally never recovered from that. Speaking of laudrop his final ball often let him down .....,couldn't lace Hendricks boots. Jim Forrest roasted us until Berwick put paid to his career. Saying that I was always delighted to see any really good player on the park. Just preferably in the hoops

I think the game was the one where a very young inexperienced mark McNally faced laudrop. McNally never recovered from that. Speaking of laudrop his final ball often let him down .....,couldn't lace Hendricks boots. Jim Forrest roasted us until Berwick put paid to his career. Saying that I was always delighted to see any really good player on the park. Just preferably in the hoops
Too young to remember Forrest. Started going regularly in the early 80s, if Cooper turned up they used to sneak a draw?

Brian Laudrup.

Great footballer. Him and Larsson in the same team would have been the key to European glory.

Ran into him a few times through pseudo-bluenose (weren't they all back then, glory-hunting pricks...) company I was with through work up in Bar 29 (or whatever it was called), back in the 90s.

Seemed to prefer talking to me than the fawning fanboys I was with; the 'Jim White' experience was not something he found flattering or welcome. Would talk about things other than football if he could - popular culture, wine, and his cars - which he later got busted for, lol.

Always came across as a decent, intelligent fella, not too impressed with the Hun hordes mindset - who the fck would be after spending time in Italy? - and didn't seem to buy too much into the Hun team-drinking culture at that time. Watched him extricate himself from a Goram-led mob one night and disappear quietly.

I always reckoned he was a bit of a quiet shagger on the side; there would be some spectacular women float around him.
However, last time I spoke to him I was pished and he politely deflected my eloquent enquiry about Gough being a gloryhole-addicted, rent-boy afficionado buftie.:D
what's an aficionado??

heard a tale from the murky park training centre from a while back .involving wee bazza ,nasty novo and
pokey hat boby malcom .

All the dead club players were in the canteen for lunch while at training and bazza was sitting by himself when Novo came and sat down and asked him what he was doing ..........

bazza ,nothing
novo ,I know what your doing
bazza ,what
novo ,a jigsaw
bazza well spotted einstein
novo ,can I help
bazza ,I you want
then boby malcolm comes over and sits down and says ,
whit.s that yous are doing
bazza,novo ,a jigsaw ya dummy
Malcolm ,I know what it is
bazza ,what is it then .
malcolm ,a tiger
bazza ,mmmmm
malcom ,can I give yous a haun
Bazza ,novo ,aye wire in

ten minutes later Mcleish comes into the canteen and shouts .
right everybody back out onto the pitch and that includes you 3 fuckwits ,get the frosties back in the box and get yer erses oot fur diving practice .
I'll get ma coat

Members online

Latest posts

Back