Politics/football.

Steviebhoy2

I personally see see so many issues with politicians and football. Mibbe cos football has a higher profile. We all see blatant disregarding of rules every day. Face coverings under chins and noses if at all. They are quick to condemn the slightest misdemeanor by individuals at clubs or the clubs themselves. What i don't see is enforcement of any kind regardless of where you go. Supermarkets for instance. Football clubs aren't a big contributor to the rise in covid cases. Shops tell us they have no powers to enforce the rules legally and have no wish for confrontation. I get that. Why doesn't the government put legislation in place to make it a legal obligation ?
Mibbe cos it could lose them votes? Fuck knows but there appears to be discrimination in my eyes.

I'm entering a fucking minefield here Stevie! 😹

What pissed me off today was the scrutiny of a photo, a photo that showed a group of players sat round the pool having a drink.
So because its a training camp you cant have a drink and a seat once the trainings done? Really is that a rule?

Maybe someone should show the yellow card to politicians, taking your family on a drive to Barnard Castle to test your eyesight during lockdown, visiting holiday homes during lockdown, travelling from London to Scotland in a train after testing positive! All slightly more serious breaches than being sat at a pool at a training camp sanctioned by said politicians. In fact give all the fuckers the red card!

You know, I'm still amazed that the season went ahead in the first place. I think most folk on here predicted that fans wouldn't be back in the ground until this year and this far they've been right. It's been an absolute mess from delays, positive test results, backdated cup ties and a quadtreble that we couldn't even celebrate. Now we have all the political shit ffs. I so wish they had held the season back until we were out of the Covid woods.

I personally see see so many issues with politicians and football. Mibbe cos football has a higher profile. We all see blatant disregarding of rules every day. Face coverings under chins and noses if at all. They are quick to condemn the slightest misdemeanor by individuals at clubs or the clubs themselves. What i don't see is enforcement of any kind regardless of where you go. Supermarkets for instance. Football clubs aren't a big contributor to the rise in covid cases. Shops tell us they have no powers to enforce the rules legally and have no wish for confrontation. I get that. Why doesn't the government put legislation in place to make it a legal obligation ?
Mibbe cos it could lose them votes? Fuck knows but there appears to be discrimination in my eyes.
Seen a sign outside on a high street in the news the day either in England or Wales saying something like, must wear the face mask or face (pardon the pun) a 6 grand fine , which is steep and extreme to say the least especially as people are furloughed or been made redundant in recent times or worse simply paid off. Supermarkets are not short of a few bob they can offer hand soap on entry so why not offer face masks to those who need one to enter their store and probably to buy bloody face masks grrr

You know, I'm still amazed that the season went ahead in the first place. I think most folk on here predicted that fans wouldn't be back in the ground until this year and this far they've been right. It's been an absolute mess from delays, positive test results, backdated cup ties and a quadtreble that we couldn't even celebrate. Now we have all the political shit ffs. I so wish they had held the season back until we were out of the Covid woods.
That wouldve been the sensible approach shammy but the sky, bt, premier sports (who I boycott you all know why) fifa UEFA and national FA's want their money so sensible goes out the window to be replaced with greed while players are contracting a potentially deadly disease but still no sensible approach or planning nothing but greed and zero consideration to peoples health 👹

Last edited:
Have to say I've not really enjoyed the games this season, I enjoy the build up and the banter but with no fans, no atmosphere, the games have been a tough watch (the way we've played probably hasn't helped to be fair)
Big Jock was 50 years ahead of his time, "Football without fans is nothing"

I'm entering a fucking minefield here Stevie! 😹

What pissed me off today was the scrutiny of a photo, a photo that showed a group of players sat round the pool having a drink.
So because its a training camp you cant have a drink and a seat once the trainings done? Really is that a rule?

Maybe someone should show the yellow card to politicians, taking your family on a drive to Barnard Castle to test your eyesight during lockdown, visiting holiday homes during lockdown, travelling from London to Scotland in a train after testing positive! All slightly more serious breaches than being sat at a pool at a training camp sanctioned by said politicians. In fact give all the fuckers the red card!
I heard today that the woman mp who tested positive and jumped the london to Scotland train knowing she had contracted it is either facing charges or has been charged with her reckless behaviour and rightly so. She also refused to stand down after her party the SNP had asked her to and withdrew the party whip from her I think Some people have some kneck and hers is blow torch proof , she might be wishing she'd stood down now though

Seen a sign outside on a high street in the news the day either in England or Wales saying something like, must wear the face mask or face (pardon the pun) a 6 grand fine , which is steep and extreme to say the least especially as people are furloughed or been made redundant in recent times or worse simply paid off. Supermarkets are not short of a few bob they can offer hand soap on entry so why not offer face masks to those who need one to enter their store and probably to buy bloody face masks grrr
Some stores have been doing that but tbh it doesn't cost money to cover the nose and mouth. Folk won't wear masks because of various other spurious reasons.

Have to say I've not really enjoyed the games this season, I enjoy the build up and the banter but with no fans, no atmosphere, the games have been a tough watch (the way we've played probably hasn't helped to be fair)
Big Jock was 50 years ahead of his time, "Football without fans is nothing"
100% with you on that one hoopy. Watching MOTD Sheffield utd v west Brom boring a fook

I heard today that the woman mp who tested positive and jumped the london to Scotland train knowing she had contracted it is either facing charges or has been charged with her reckless behaviour and rightly so. She also refused to stand down after her party the SNP had asked her to and withdrew the party whip from her I think Some people have some kneck and hers is blow torch proof , she might be wishing she'd stood down now though
She got charged and rightly so. Now maybe they'll have a look at red card Ross and Dominic Cummings eh? Naw of course they won't.

She was arrested yesterday, offence took place in September polis must be busy 🙄
Still an elected MP though so still pulling in 82 grand a year plus expenses! Shambles!

Maybe someone should show the yellow card to politicians, taking your family on a drive to Barnard Castle to test your eyesight during lockdown, visiting holiday homes during lockdown
Wouldnt hold your breath hoopy
She got charged and rightly so. Now maybe they'll have a look at red card Ross and Dominic Cummings eh? Naw of course they won't.
Even scuba diving gear wouldnt help holding you're breath for that one

When I joined the chartered institute of building I had to sign a royal charter (really) and I had to promise the following.

As a member of the institute, I shall at all times:
Act with integrity, honesty and trustworthiness.
Treat others with respect, fairness and honesty.
Discharge my duties with complete fidelity and probity.

If I get caught breaking any of those rules I get kicked out.

Can't we just keep it simple for MPs and ask them to promise not to be a cunt?

I thought that it would have been much more sensible planning a shorter season (say having the split after home & away half-way point or even home & away only for a 14 team top league) with "fire-breaks" every few weeks where there were no planned games to fit in missed games. Instead we pretty much planned for 2 games per week for the top clubs (including European and cup games) which was madness. If things had been more normal with fans back in and so some free weeks tye authorities could have invented a one-off spring cup to help bring in extra revenue.

I think we have gotten off lightly up to now as I expected more chaos. But having reviewed all new evidence since the 2nd January I've decided it is only fit and proper to abandon this league season (and leage cup too) and declare them null and void! 🤣

When I joined the chartered institute of building I had to sign a royal charter (really) and I had to promise the following.

As a member of the institute, I shall at all times:
Act with integrity, honesty and trustworthiness.
Treat others with respect, fairness and honesty.
Discharge my duties with complete fidelity and probity.

If I get caught breaking any of those rules I get kicked out.

Can't we just keep it simple for MPs and ask them to promise not to be a cunt?
That's asking the impossible hoopy , like boris 'we'll turn the tide in 6 weeks' or asking them not to vote for a pay rise or cut the number and length of their holidays or....ad infinitum , once a cunt always a cunt and not a good cunt at that

I thought that it would have been much more sensible planning a shorter season (say having the split after home & away half-way point or even home & away only for a 14 team top league) with "fire-breaks" every few weeks where there were no planned games to fit in missed games. Instead we pretty much planned for 2 games per week for the top clubs (including European and cup games) which was madness. If things had been more normal with fans back in and so some free weeks tye authorities could have invented a one-off spring cup to help bring in extra revenue.

I think we have gotten off lightly up to now as I expected more chaos. But having reviewed all new evidence since the 2nd January I've decided it is only fit and proper to abandon this league season (and leage cup too) and declare them null and void! 🤣
Totally agree and I have it on good(ness gracious wtf no) authority that Rae, monster much and sally along with the increasing number of soup takers agree 😂

Last edited:
She was arrested yesterday, offence took place in September polis must be busy 🙄
Still an elected MP though so still pulling in 82 grand a year plus expenses! Shambles!
You have to wonder how many people she is single handedly responsible for catching the virus and deaths even ? She could be facing manslaughter charges if anyone on the train had the covid app and got pinged cos she was on the train , probably using the loo , the buffet and touching everything as you do when you're wobbling up and down the aisle of any train. A true cunt if ever there was one and saying she panicked isnt good enough . God forbid that she was ever faced with some international political crisis " I just ordered a drone strike , what? I panicked ffs"

Back