Poll on Lennon to be the next full time Manager

Should Lennon get gig full time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We are devoid of all ambition and Rogers proved that?????
How did Rogers doing the dirty on us prove we had no ambition???
He done everything behind the boards back, the only thing he proved was that he was a rhat bastard!!!
I agree with you about it being futile about us (the fans) thinking about who we would want as manager. Also I don't think it should be lennon if its only because its cheaper and the board think they can walk all over him. Don't think lennon will let that happen
Jinxy be careful calling Lenny the cheap option a got accused of throwing Lenny under the bus for saying it the other night .

Jinxy be careful calling Lenny the cheap option a got accused of throwing Lenny under the bus for saying it the other night .
Value added option IMO
I cant think of anybody else who adds better value with the mental toughness required and the eltic spirit in his heart.

He may cost less but is he less value than Rodgers?
He may find cheaper players but sometimes they have been better players.

Did he ever get the financial clout that was offered to rodgers?
Did he ever get the excessive luxury tit bits that rodgers added?

Rodgers would appear to be a very good coach.
I would rate lennon much better manager with resources.

Rodgers appeqrs to be double dealer who talk buddhist but behind facade is untrustwirthy.

Lennon might come across as emotionally in moment honest but behind senes appears to be more trustworthy and loyal.

I would rather hwave an honest real Celtic man
Than a bloke who is glib and shameless and superficail and therefore con man.

Seems most top level coaches are the latter.

And because Lennon emotionally direct rather than glib he gets hate crime.

Value added option IMO
I cant think of anybody else who adds better value with the mental toughness required and the eltic spirit in his heart.

He may cost less but is he less value than Rodgers?
He may find cheaper players but sometimes they have been better players.

Did he ever get the financial clout that was offered to rodgers?
Did he ever get the excessive luxury tit bits that rodgers added?

Rodgers would appear to be a very good coach.
I would rate lennon much better manager with resources.

Rodgers appeqrs to be double dealer who talk buddhist but behind facade is untrustwirthy.

Lennon might come across as emotionally in moment honest but behind senes appears to be more trustworthy and loyal.

I would rather hwave an honest real Celtic man
Than a bloke who is glib and shameless and superficail and therefore con man.

Seems most top level coaches are the latter.

And because Lennon emotionally direct rather than glib he gets hate crime.
Agree with everythin you said there mate,my comment the other night was taken the wrong way by another member.Only meant it might suit Lawwell because it will save a couple of million a year,no a dig at Lenny.I'm happy if Lenny gets the job but if not i hope its Clarke.

Agree with everythin you said there mate,my comment the other night was taken the wrong way by another member.Only meant it might suit Lawwell because it will save a couple of million a year,no a dig at Lenny.I'm happy if Lenny gets the job but if not i hope its Clarke.

Even if you meant it another way mate, its allowed. thats the beauty of beig Celtic minded, everybody has a valid input evn whenits not mainstream popular. The more opinions the deeper an undertsanding of aspects we may not have fully appreciated without the large input of opinions.

And thats healthy I think.

Cant always agree on everything but the passion is real none the less and thats important for health.

It's too early in the day for my hungover head to go into numbers etc. I would say that there are clubs such as AEK and many more with similar aspirations to ours that would love to be in Celtics financial position. They aren't but still AEK advanced past us. Things went wrong definately many things at a crucial time. The costs you mentioned , i would think should be enough for Celtic to advance to the group stages of the champions league at least. It's a sport though so costs guarantee nothing.
*The current 87 Rodgers worked under should
I fully agree that Celtic should have been favourites in that match.

But on the other hand they jumped straight into competition at that stage we at least had few games behind us.

So with no real match speed/fitness they played basic counter football and beat us. Even though greek league is crippled financially they must have higher overall cooefficient since Celtic started in round 1 they entered at round 3.

Was always a triickky tie to naviagate. But with better practical tactics and a manager who wasnt playing funny bugger behind the scenes we could mand maybe should have beaten them.

Didnt and put whole operation risks into jeopardy. Seems they managed to overcome the risks with decent europa run but with lotta luck, and to be honest even a dismal underperfoming with the costs to run our years operations.

IMO rodgers was not value added.
He did get doubletrble and invincible run but he did it by having trully excessive operation costs that were thankfully covered by CL entry.

He neded to reach CL to match those costs he burdened club with.

Yet most people see the club as being biscuit tin and not risk aware. I dont buy that theory until i see more detailed sustainble growth budgets for these new levels of ambition.

But still the Not Ambitioius enough proponents never seem to lay out the better ambitious budgets and how they can be sustained with growth.
I would guess that a majority of our support dont even consider any of the points youve made. More probable is the mindset of where's all that transfer& CL money went and we want it spent on better Players, without any afterthought as to what exactly that entails. We have very decent players mostly international class and replacing them with a better standard isn't so easy. Every player we go after there's interest from other clubs to contend with as well. On the whole I'm happy with how the club is run. That said as a supporter you dream of bigger things for our bigger club it's natural. Shved from what little I've seen on YouTube looks a player that will bring something different. We also have the 2 'promisingly talented' Americans, defenders both I believe, and Bayo close to 1st team action. So I dont buy it that were standing still. The panic buys of Hendry and commper seemed to go against the model but we were in a position and needed a quick fix, which remarkably worked at least domestically if you include Bain in with the panic last minute buys. Everyone at the club has set the bar high very commendably. Last 32 in Europe 2 seasons running. The target has to be to break through that barrier. Buying players doesn't guarantee improvement everyone knows this , we also suffer from what I can only call a lack of belief or confidence in our abilities away from home in Europe. That's not something that is attributed to the just the current squad either. This has been going on for too long and someone at the club should be focussed on eradicating this character flaw from our club. It's holding us back this mental block we have when we are away in Europe a serious issue deserving of serious attention and action.

*The current 87 Rodgers worked under should

I would guess that a majority of our support dont even consider any of the points youve made. More probable is the mindset of where's all that transfer& CL money went and we want it spent on better Players, without any afterthought as to what exactly that entails. We have very decent players mostly international class and replacing them with a better standard isn't so easy. Every player we go after there's interest from other clubs to contend with as well. On the whole I'm happy with how the club is run. That said as a supporter you dream of bigger things for our bigger club it's natural. Shved from what little I've seen on YouTube looks a player that will bring something different. We also have the 2 'promisingly talented' Americans, defenders both I believe, and Bayo close to 1st team action. So I dont buy it that were standing still. The panic buys of Hendry and commper seemed to go against the model but we were in a position and needed a quick fix, which remarkably worked at least domestically if you include Bain in with the panic last minute buys. Everyone at the club has set the bar high very commendably. Last 32 in Europe 2 seasons running. The target has to be to break through that barrier. Buying players doesn't guarantee improvement everyone knows this , we also suffer from what I can only call a lack of belief or confidence in our abilities away from home in Europe. That's not something that is attributed to the just the current squad either. This has been going on for too long and someone at the club should be focussed on eradicating this character flaw from our club. It's holding us back this mental block we have when we are away in Europe a serious issue deserving of serious attention and action.
its specifically the neglect of the back situation rather than the overall budget that is the question. replacing them may not be easy but it it doable. quite simply if we had spent L15mm for two defenders last summer we could have sold boyata for L10. thats net 5. very reasonable and very doable. the two americans are at least a year away from getting regular game time.
last 32 in europe? no. the europa league isnt an analogy. the money is 20 percent of CL money..belief starts at the top. if you dont invest the players can see through that. and finally, you cannot succeed in europe with a patchwork defense...we like to go forward and you get killed doing that if your backs arent sufficiently high calibre.....rodgers tried to play an offensive game in europe and time and again our hard work would be negated by easy goals scored against us.....

what we are doing is not good enough.

Exactly what exactly?

When does ambition become wealth destruction?
we added a lot of cash last year despite not making the cl.like 16mm..thats what i talk about when i say the key metric is cash flow not reported earnlngs, where the company has every incentive to avoid taxes by managing non cash expenses. That is a long way from wealth destruction. Real wealth destruction is "budgeting" yourself out of 50mm in revenue for making the cl and settling for 7 to 10 in the europa league......when it was sitting there for you to take

we could have afforded an extra quality back or two in june. no wealth destruction....there is conservative and there is destructive. in punishing brendan for the compper debacle we cut off our noses to spite our face.

real wealth destruction is teaching your manager a lesson by not buying enough defenders because he wasnt playing the one you bought him for a measly million pounds, and therefore conceding weak goals to AEK that resulted in being knocked out of the real europe.

When you go cheap things deteriorate way more than you think they will. Lenny will not get the euroloaners that Brendan got by his rep as a talent developer. He doesnt have the rep or connections.....and we dont have an ace recruiter with congerton whether he stays or leaves. Without the loaners we got in January we would be in dire straights...they steadied the ship....not sure Lenny is going to attract the same calibre...we need more. if you keep lenny he needs a Director of Football who makes the final football decisions. Lawwell is not fit for that purpose. He has proved that beyond doubt.

its specifically the neglect of the back situation rather than the overall budget that is the question. replacing them may not be easy but it it doable. quite simply if we had spent L15mm for two defenders last summer we could have sold boyata for L10. thats net 5. very reasonable and very doable. the two americans are at least a year away from getting regular game time.
last 32 in europe? no. the europa league isnt an analogy. the money is 20 percent of CL money..belief starts at the top. if you dont invest the players can see through that. and finally, you cannot succeed in europe with a patchwork defense...we like to go forward and you get killed doing that if your backs arent sufficiently high calibre.....rodgers tried to play an offensive game in europe and time and again our hard work would be negated by easy goals scored against us.....

Aye that's not what I said. I made no analogy of the Europa league I said the squad had done well to get to the last 32 in Europe (being European competition) which they have and against the odds at that. The backs at Celtic is a repeat problem every window everyone knows. Should have/could have sold boyata bought 2 defenders we didn't. We do have international defenders at present but whilst it might be doable to replace them doesn't mean it wasn't attempted. The defenders we were after we didn't get for various reasons. We might yet though who knows? HH

Your doing the hindsight thing again.

Problems with solving the cb issue in summer was Rodgers was playing a game of Im off soon behind peoples backs and it came out, allegedly. If thats true the reason club didnt back him is he had no future at club.

Hendry and Compper were his signings if not why pretend they were?

I agree we needed btter defenders but they were meant to be the better players.

The reason the club had 87 million op costs was down to rodgers, and im askingwas that not enough ambition to earn 105 million with 4 qualifiers to get past.

But this selective memory thing and hindsight is not a great way to be ambitious.

To get better defenders in the club must have a max level wage. Was it breached? Was Rodgers record at buying value adde players worth the risk whe he potentially doing the off at anytime he can?

The board rae being accused of not backing Rodgers and im asking for evidense that the board have not been ambitious enough within context of the income they were hoping to acheive?

We needed better defenders but Rdogers blew his budget for wages giving pay rises to keep certain players which seems to have annoyed at least some of the players enougfh to down tools and then he even went out his way to block decent opportunity incomes and hold Boyata who was vying for change of scene and he was blocking dembele. until he became a problem.

The board backed him well IMO and IMO it was rodgers who sucked at getting value for the enormous wealth risk he was gievn, so many rodgers signing for ecent money are not getting game time.

Would you trust him to buy better defenders for eevmn more money when he seems to be quite poor at assessing potential. Seems quite goodat training players but his value added off field was so bad he was winning but despite champuions league money club mostly made money from selling players he inherited, but did make better.

Coaching very good
Wins things in Scotland if you throw enough money at him

But outside scotland he was gash

especially when youcponsider the wage budget he had.

And despite winning evry trophy he entered in scotland he was more than quadrupling the expnese of every other team and in some cases 20 times over budget of teams who were running him into tiippy tappy nowhere.

In fact that should be Rodgers official style in games

Tippy tappy nowhere.

Bore the oppostion into making mistakes

we added a lot of cash last year despite not making the cl.like 16mm..thats what i talk about when i say the key metric is cash flow not reported earnlngs, where the company has every incentive to avoid taxes by managing non cash expenses. That is a long way from wealth destruction. Real wealth destruction is "budgeting" yourself out of 50mm in revenue for making the cl and settling for 7 to 10 in the europa league......when it was sitting there for you to take

we could have afforded an extra quality back or two in june. no wealth destruction....there is conservative and there is destructive. in punishing brendan for the compper debacle we cut off our noses to spite our face.

real wealth destruction is teaching your manager a lesson by not buying enough defenders because he wasnt playing the one you bought him for a measly million pounds, and therefore conceding weak goals to AEK that resulted in being knocked out of the real europe.

When you go cheap things deteriorate way more than you think they will. Lenny will not get the euroloaners that Brendan got by his rep as a talent developer. He doesnt have the rep or connections.....and we dont have an ace recruiter with congerton whether he stays or leaves. Without the loaners we got in January we would be in dire straights...they steadied the ship....not sure Lenny is going to attract the same calibre...we need more. if you keep lenny he needs a Director of Football who makes the final football decisions. Lawwell is not fit for that purpose. He has proved that beyond doubt.

Cashflow is not the profit.
Cashflow is the monies as they are actually paid or received.

16 million profit doesnt automatically translate to 16 million cashflow.

Lawell is doing the job he paid to do. And he is more than fit for purpose. In fact he excels in his role. But the MSM have turned him into ahatefigure based on faulty anaysis around imaginary ecomonics.

The share price at CP is solid and the team are winning desp[ite the managers failure to add value.

How anyone can say he is not fit for purpose in fiance is beyond me.
He is too silent on big issues but he does his job very well other than that.

The msm hate him and huns hate him

Which should make you wonder if the mud slung at himis justified.

What exactly are the things you fell Lawell has failed in his duty of care?

I think that Rogers introduced us to a European level of sophistication beyond what we had previously. Whilst we have been quite disappointing at that level so far, it is clearly the way forward for this club. I love Lennon, but we need something more. I don't think he can give us that. I think we started the right way with Delia, Rogers moved us on, now we have to continue on that track if we are to move away from the confining Scottish environment, beat Rangers, win the treble etc. as the only motivation. We have to continue to be more Eurofocussed.

Members online

Latest posts

Back