Poll: Should Celtic activate a one year extension on Leigh Griffiths’ contract at a cost of £1m? Vote Now…

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Hes the best goal scorer in the league, so letting him go to a rival for free in the summer would smart.
But after his last couple of seasons I think he owes the club more than we owe him. Maybe he'll do the decent thing and waive the £1m extension fee and prove himself next season to thank the club for their loyalty.
Then again probably not.

Undecided.

Definitely.

We know what he can do and HAS done.

...Its only a million quid, and we've spent many more millions on guys (and still are) that we knew nothing about, and now know .....what happened next!
With a new manager giving him gametime, he'll be off and running to close on .... his one time best.

With regular games, an injury free Griff will deliver 15 to 20 goals next season across all competitions.

What's to debate about?

C'mon the Leigh G.

Last edited:
My heart says yes, but my head says no. Without doubt when he's at his best he IS the best. Thing is, he's let himself and the club, ( and the supporters ) down this season. There seems to be more questions than answers with Griff now. Is he capable of getting fit ? I feel if he's not fit at this time of the season he's never going to be fit. Is he looking after himself off the park ? None of us can answer that. Is it attitude ? Again, we cannot know that either. Or has he reached that point where his wonderful gift has declined to the point that he's just never going to be as lethal again. It's something that comes to some players earlier than others. However, for a million quid, I'd be inclined to take the gamble. So a hopeful yes.

My heart says yes, but my head says no. Without doubt when he's at his best he IS the best. Thing is, he's let himself and the club, ( and the supporters ) down this season. There seems to be more questions than answers with Griff now. Is he capable of getting fit ? I feel if he's not fit at this time of the season he's never going to be fit. Is he looking after himself off the park ? None of us can answer that. Is it attitude ? Again, we cannot know that either. Or has he reached that point where his wonderful gift has declined to the point that he's just never going to be as lethal again. It's something that comes to some players earlier than others. However, for a million quid, I'd be inclined to take the gamble. So a hopeful yes.
I'm of the opinion that if we get a new manager then the decision should be his, Does griff have the mental strength to put aside things like social media and concentrate on football?, does he realise that he is on last stage of his career, and that unless he knuckles down he'll just be another ex-pro who blew away his talent on a lifestyle unsuited to an athlete. HH.

No doubt he drinking (or tick talking) in the last chance saloon, he’ll need to show over the last few games if he wants to stay here, a year for a professional athlete to get fit, I’d have to agree, he’s going through the motions 😡

Its only a million quid,
How times have changed at parkhead when you hear it's only a million quid eh? Personally unless he shows hes worth that against the rangers in the next 2 derbys and he hasn't yet imo then no for me. I'd rather see someone like bayo get another chance he gives everything everytime , dont get me wrong griff is a cult figure at Celtic but that's not enough we need guys who will give everything and more for the cause and that means turning up fit for pre-season for starters. HH

Its a yes from me. Even if he was unfit [and who among them was fit, and who`s to blame for that?] he`s still a better goalscorer than Ajeti and Klimala put together. [tin hat on]

Last edited:
It's a huge NO for me me.
This was and should have been such a huge season for griff and he has fucked it all up for himself.
Been so unprofessional by coming back in the state he was and still not been motivated enough to make a solid claim for the Scottish squad for the euros tells us a lot about the character of the man.
If we are serious about a rebuild and to reclaim our crown again we can no longer carry passengers getting a free ride, we can't be seen no longer as acting like a baby sitting service.
His chance and he blew it

How times have changed at parkhead when you hear it's only a million quid eh? Personally unless he shows hes worth that against the rangers in the next 2 derbys and he hasn't yet imo then no for me. I'd rather see someone like bayo get another chance he gives everything everytime , dont get me wrong griff is a cult figure at Celtic but that's not enough we need guys who will give everything and more for the cause and that means turning up fit for pre-season for starters. HH
Aha Winter.....a lot of sense there and I get what you're saying.,,.but assuming Eddie goes then bring back the Bhoyo Bayo, alongside Griff....

Not tried this one yet and methinks this could be a good fit.....
probably a horse's head photo finish between us and the filthies next season but we must be much closer than we've been this year and we should take the honours.

...and its altogether now...Bye Bye Rangers.........

I'm of the opinion that if we get a new manager then the decision should be his, Does griff have the mental strength to put aside things like social media and concentrate on football?, does he realise that he is on last stage of his career, and that unless he knuckles down he'll just be another ex-pro who blew away his talent on a lifestyle unsuited to an athlete. HH.
Agreed, as I said, there are many questions. I totally understand the feeling by many of us who think he's burned his bridges. For me it was touch and go; in the end I thought I'd go with yes. Am I absolutely sure ? Absolutely not !

Back