Poll: Should Celtic activate a one year extension on Leigh Griffiths’ contract at a cost of £1m? Vote Now…

Does anyone else think the players should only get 1 weeks holiday this year? They can’t go anywhere, the world is still closed, they should be working with the strength and conditioning coach, the WHOLE team is unfit, and blowing out they’re arse after 60 mins we need to hit the ground running, make a statement of intent
Looks like many of them have had a year long holiday as it is BB

No doubt he drinking (or tick talking) in the last chance saloon, he’ll need to show over the last few games if he wants to stay here, a year for a professional athlete to get fit, I’d have to agree, he’s going through the motions 😡
We dont know what is happening behind closed doors. I have a feeling there has been a fall out somewhere along the line. He can get fit real quick but has been refused minutes all season. Look at his minutes. Could anybody here really be fit with a runout 5 mins from time? This guy has scored about 130 goals for us despite not being played since the last Ronny season. 40 goals that year by the way. Bhoy knows where the net is.

We dont know what is happening behind closed doors. I have a feeling there has been a fall out somewhere along the line. He can get fit real quick but has been refused minutes all season. Look at his minutes. Could anybody here really be fit with a runout 5 mins from time? This guy has scored about 130 goals for us despite not being played since the last Ronny season. 40 goals that year by the way. Bhoy knows where the net is.
The problem is obviously his physical fitness as opposed to his match fitness/ sharpness. You're correct to say he can't get match fit without playing, but then again, he won't get minutes if he's not physically fit. Breaks my heart, he should perhaps be the most productive asset at the club. It's all down to himself . Thing is, even players who spend their careers looking after themselves reach a point where they can't maintain a good level of fitness, but they manage to stretch out their time in the game. The players who don't look after themselves? Well, they usually lose that special gift they possess much earlier. Got to say, on a personal level, I find it hard to believe he could be so cavalier with his condition. Especially this season.

We know how the fans feel about Griff and vice versa but popularity does not come with a contract.
A fit Leigh Griffiths is the second best striker in Scottish football,an of form Leigh Griffiths is no use to Celtic,personally I would give Griff till the end of pre season to see how he is looking then we would know if he wants that contract bad enough..

HH.

Aha Winter.....a lot of sense there and I get what you're saying.,,.but assuming Eddie goes then bring back the Bhoyo Bayo, alongside Griff....

Not tried this one yet and methinks this could be a good fit.....
probably a horse's head photo finish between us and the filthies next season but we must be much closer than we've been this year and we should take the honours.

...and its altogether now...Bye Bye Rangers.........
Like the thinking but then again that's dependent upon Griffiths actually giving a shizer enough to turn up fit for pre-season, if we activate the clause and he retreats back into the old bad habits routine theres ' only a million' doon the swanny. What many players would give to have such a huge windfall for playing for Celtic for 1 season. I'm a griff fan absolutely love the guy just not sure it's a million well spent and a ridiculous situation to be in left over from lawells regime. The griff isnt even in the international side now. I wonder how the likes of Afalobi, klimala, bayo etc would do if they were told win the title heres a million bucks bonus. In fact I wonder how they would do at all given they never get the chance to show us what theyve got bar the odd 10-15 minutes now and then HH

Last edited:
We all like a maverick but he fucked up when we needed him the most ,dont think hes professional enough at the moment and hes not getting any younger ,shame because he was looking good and scoring goals before this virus came about.

For 1/10 of the price of Ajeti and Barkas we get Griff for another year? A proven goal scorer who has scored over a 100 times...and he gets goals too.
That's only if he gets a game though Richybhoy, hes not made the scotland squad behind relegated Mcburnie and QPR'S former Livingston player dykes, that speaks volumes about his attitude and form if he csnt get into the squad ahead of mcburnie, Che Adams I can understand the others? No. I hope he does once more prove us all wrong and shows up , if he wants to play in the euros and for us he better get it together quickstyle HH

That's only if he gets a game though Richybhoy, hes not made the scotland squad behind relegated Mcburnie and QPR'S former Livingston player dykes, that speaks volumes about his attitude and form if he csnt get into the squad ahead of mcburnie, Che Adams I can understand the others? No. I hope he does once more prove us all wrong and shows up , if he wants to play in the euros and for us he better get it together quickstyle HH
Winter if griff couldn't get himself motivated this season then he never will imo..

Winter if griff couldn't get himself motivated this season then he never will imo..
A lot of these overpaid players struggle to motivate themselves. That's where a good manager earns his salt. How often have you heard the term "He can get the best out of his players"? We failed this season simply because Lennon got lazy.
If the manager doesn't push them, then the result is a load of unfit overpaid goodfornothins. And that's what we had this season.

A lot of these overpaid players struggle to motivate themselves. That's where a good manager earns his salt. How often have you heard the term "He can get the best out of his players"? We failed this simply because Lennon got lazy.
If the manager doesn't push them, then the result is a load of unfit overpaid goodfornothins. And that's what we had this season.
True, but in griff case he has hardly done himself any favours, and if the players did down tools by not buying into lenny then is he not possibly the biggest culprit 🤔

The one question that has been bugging me for the whole season Deadner.
And I would still class griff as one of our most senior players and arguably has been our biggest let down
Yeah John, griff has been a disgrace and still collecting as much in a week as a lot don't earn in a year. But I still blame Lennon. He was overseeing the whole shambles and let it get to where it has.

Back