Poll Time. Jack Hendry, keep or punt?

Should we recall Jack Hendry after his loan, or recoup some money?

• Recall

Votes: 24 70.6%
  • Punt

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No brainer for myself, get in a good manager and coaching team and give him next season to see what he is really capable of.
Could yet be a CB we may have for years to come yet. If a good offer were to be made would it be any harm to cash in as I would have no idea on what he could be worth?

No brainer for myself, get in a good manager and coaching team and give him next season to see what he is really capable of.
Could yet be a CB we may have for years to come yet. If a good offer were to be made would it be any harm to cash in as I would have no idea on what he could be worth?
He's now 26 ( same as me, in ma head) he's in his prime. Could be a case of being under the radar has done him good. Worth a try to see if he can handle the spotlight in his own country again. H H

Get him kept and signed up...Eddie....or is it Roy :unsure: or maybe somebody else.....The Arsenal job will be up fur grabs soon.....maybe Eddie is waitin....London Club aboot tae be bocht oot by a multibillionaire :unsure:

Get him kept and signed up...Eddie....or is it Roy :unsure: or maybe somebody else.....The Arsenal job will be up fur grabs soon.....maybe Eddie is waitin....London Club aboot tae be bocht oot by a multibillionaire :unsure:
I have also a sneekey that North London could still be the destination of Eddie Howe yet 😔

Give the lad a fair chance to prove himself. I'm sure he has got his confidence back. Up to him then, to prove himself. We won't know otherwise.

Am i missing something?
First of all we have a set loan and buy option that can be triggered. The belgians offer the dough and we have to take it.
Thats the deal?
The amount of posts ive seen talking about giving Hendry a run or a chance ...no offense to anyone if ive missed anything.
Does Hendry not have to reject the move and give us a chance?

As for recalling the loan. Thats a stinking dirty trick. Im intae it. It would be mad not to if the option is there.

The way the reporting is at least suggests they are already counting the profit from flipping him instantly.

His season came out of nowhere.
That move, or sorry his last few were an attempt to get him the f aff the wage bill by any means.

If we cant recall him ( remember we couldn't send duffy back)
And the trigger is in place then its his choice where he goes

If that recall option is the last roll of the dice and it sticks say 4m in the pot then get it done.

Last edited:
Am i missing something?
First of all we have a set loan and buy option that can be triggered. The belgians offer the dough and we have to take it.
Thats the deal?
The amount of posts ive seen talking about giving Hendry a run or a chance ...no offense to anyone if ive missed anything.
Does Hendry not have to reject the move and give us a chance?

As for recalling the loan. Thats a stinking dirty trick. Im intae it. It would be mad not to if the option is there.

The way the reporting is at least suggests they are already counting the profit from flipping him instantly.

His season came out of nowhere.
That move, or sorry his last few were an attempt to get him the f aff the wage bill by any means.

If we cant recall him ( remember we couldn't send duffy back)
And the trigger is in place then its his choice where he goes

If that recall option is the last roll of the dice and it sticks say 4m in the pot then get it done.
Its the same as when we had Roberts on loan. The parent club still sets the price. If we recall Hendry or if they don't match our valuation he's back with us, he wont be getting any more wages than he signed up for with us. Thats the thing about contracts.

Recall is the only option not to get skinned.
Read we have a date to do it by before the ball is in their court?
Well with Roberts it wasn't just the fee, it was the size of his wages that we couldn't afford.
Don't know the ins an outs of Hendry's loan deal but I'm sure Oostende can afford them. As a career move I think it would do him good to come back to us an prove he can perform at a big club.

Members online

Back