Popular Racist Comments

Robbyp

I've been reading all the stuff on yet another inocent black man being murdered in USA. Of course everyone's at it on social media including Nichola Sturgeon. Can we now expect the same level of attention to the endemic anti-catholic, anti-Irish racism that pervades this great wee country of ours? It's not as if we have not had innocents killed for nothing more than supporting Celtic, or the abuse of police power, pretty much what the protest in fhe US are all about. So, when can we expect the emotive Facebook posts and videos. Just in time for the a nual hatefest in July...what do you think?

I've been reading all the stuff on yet another inocent black man being murdered in USA. Of course everyone's at it on social media including Nichola Sturgeon. Can we now expect the same level of attention to the endemic anti-catholic, anti-Irish racism that pervades this great wee country of ours? It's not as if we have not had innocents killed for nothing more than supporting Celtic, or the abuse of police power, pretty much what the protest in fhe US are all about. So, when can we expect the emotive Facebook posts and videos. Just in time for the a nual hatefest in July...what do you think?
No

Take to the streets. Make them listen. Get it on American television that some country is mistreating the Irish. Our government is still green if a little less so than in 1997.

most cops now taking the Knee helping to defuse the situation whether it's intent or an orde remains to be seen
A lot of this is "copaganda" -- yeah, they take a knee for the cameras, but an hour later they're gassing and rubber-bulleting the populace. That's exactly what happened in Portland, among other places. So don't buy it. Also, including cops in the protest makes the protest a parade.

If cops are serious about joining the people, they'd put down their weapons and turn in their badges. Period. ACAB.

Last edited:
A lot of this is "copaganda" -- yeah, they take a knee for the cameras, but an hour later they're gassing and rubber-bulleting the populace. That's exactly what happened in Portland, among other places. So don't buy it. Also, including cops in the protest makes the protest a parade.

If cops are serious about joining the people, they'd put down their weapons and turn in their badges. Period. ACAB.
See i watch limited coverage most are snippets on twitter so it was a guess as i know cops over there aren't a symapathetic lot add to that the weekend warriors and it's a recipe for disaster

stay safe

Real thugs always hide behind badges

Just drove past hundreds of protesters heading to hype park. NHS better prepare for a second wave because social distancing is right out the window
Get what your saying Lubo some people don't have anything at the moment no job no money no future and worse than Covid is the virus that is racism especially in police government and high holding offices but really its everywhere.
People want Justice answers and a world we all can live in together without bigotry racism and hatred.
To me that's worth fighting for and protesting put your voice across to say it's unacceptable and won't be allowed and through protesting at least it's giving people voices and their will to show how angry and hurt everyone is.
To them and to me that's worth shouting and protesting than doing nothing. 🙏 💚🍀

I'm sorry mate and I say this as someone of Irish descent raised as a Catholic in Glasgow but are you seriously comparing what's going on in the States to what's happening here in Scotland?

None of us on here are in any doubt that anti-Irish and anti-Catholic sentiment is an ingrained and shamefully ignored problem in Scotland or that it insidiously pervades through so many of our institutions but conflating our situation with what we're seeing in the US right now does a huge disservice to the struggle of black men, women and children in the USA.

Those poor people are being routinely murdered, beaten, wrongfully arrested and falsely imprisoned on a massive scale and on a daily basis by an institutionally racist law enforcement that are completely out of control and who seem to act with impunity, so while I agree with you that Scotland undoubtedly has it's problems with racism and sectarianism, especially anti-Irish racism and anti-Catholic bigotry, it is not even close to being on the same level.

If you had compared the struggle of Black Americans to the struggle of Irish Catholics on the Island of Ireland then you would've had a point but comparing it to Scotland.....nah sorry, they are not the same!

I'm sorry mate and I say this as someone of Irish descent raised as a Catholic in Glasgow but are you seriously comparing what's going on in the States to what's happening here in Scotland?

None of us on here are in any doubt that anti-Irish and anti-Catholic sentiment is an ingrained and shamefully ignored problem in Scotland or that it insidiously pervades through so many of our institutions but conflating our situation with what we're seeing in the US right now does a huge disservice to the struggle of black men, women and children in the USA.

Those poor people are being routinely murdered, beaten, wrongfully arrested and falsely imprisoned on a massive scale and on a daily basis by an institutionally racist law enforcement that are completely out of control and who seem to act with impunity, so while I agree with you that Scotland undoubtedly has it's problems with racism and sectarianism, especially anti-Irish racism and anti-Catholic bigotry, it is not even close to being on the same level.

If you had compared the struggle of Black Americans to the struggle of Irish Catholics on the Island of Ireland then you would've had a point but comparing it to Scotland.....nah sorry, they are not the same!
Couldn't agree more, although there have been deaths over the years, the killers are the klan, the anti Irish racism is far more subtle, any of us that have Irish names will have come across it at some point, its defo stopped me from getting a couple of jobs in the past, but in a working life of over 35 yrs, I've probably got off lightly🤣

Couldn't agree more, although there have been deaths over the years, the killers are the klan, the anti Irish racism is far more subtle, any of us that have Irish names will have come across it at some point, its defo stopped me from getting a couple of jobs in the past, but in a working life of over 35 yrs, I've probably got off lightly🤣

Like yourself and plenty of others B I've experienced both anti-Irish racism and anti-Catholic bigotry, both subtly and overtly, from Police, employers, work colleagues and others. Our names and where we went to school are immediate giveaways to any anti-Irish racist or anti-Catholic bigot who would want to discriminate against us either subtly or otherwise.

I have no doubt it has been the reason why I have been singled out from my mates by certain polis and why I didn't get certain jobs I was more than qualified for and I've no doubt there have been others who have suffered far worse injustices than that but as fundamentally wrong, unjust and disgusting as that has been I would never compare my experiences of racism and sectarianism in Scotland to that of black men, women and children in the USA because the scale, the levels of injustice, the everyday fear, the ever present threat to life and the impunity in which the perpetrators of that racism operate under in the US are just not even close to being comparable, so to demand the same levels of attention on what goes on here just seems to miss the whole point of what is actually taking place in America right now.

HH B (y)

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back