Possible January signing?

Pringlesurfer

Based on what we are hearing the club is going to be busy in January. So who do you think is for the chop and who could we bring in?

Has to be a fire sale, loans out and a few terminated contracts for good measure.
This is my BRUTAL list

De vries, hazzard, gordon
Hendry, Gamboa, Compper, Boyata, Lustig, Ralston.
Biton, Hayes, christie, Benyu,kouassi,allan, miller, Arzani

Not everyone on that list I want gone. Some have to be sold others need loaned and game time here or elsewhere. Others id like to keep but have a better quality replacements. It's alarming that 18 is the number I have. I scanned down the 34 squad list on celticfc.net. I'm approaching this like a kid with a football manager game but I don't think I'm far off the mark.

If we ship 8 and bring in 4 I'd be very surprised/happy

Has to be a fire sale, loans out and a few terminated contracts for good measure.
This is my BRUTAL list

De vries, hazzard, gordon
Hendry, Gamboa, Compper, Boyata, Lustig, Ralston.
Biton, Hayes, christie, Benyu,kouassi,allan, miller, Arzani

Not everyone on that list I want gone. Some have to be sold others need loaned and game time here or elsewhere. Others id like to keep but have a better quality replacements. It's alarming that 18 is the number I have. I scanned down the 34 squad list on celticfc.net. I'm approaching this like a kid with a football manager game but I don't think I'm far off the mark.

If we ship 8 and bring in 4 I'd be very surprised/happy

Cant see 3 Goallies being punted

We definitely need a proper reliable Right back. And I would like to see two proper experienced CBs brought in.

If we could punt every defender on your list I would think thats feasible

We need a strong high quality Central midfielder with experience and balls of steel plus range of passing.

We need a proper centre forward with power height and strength as well as goals in him plus another striker

If we can punt the entire list of your midfielders then I think thats feasible as well.

But they might need to take capital hit to get those guys off the books. But I think it would make sense to cut those players off and bring in some proper quality. reduce the overall squad but pump up the quality available to first team each match.

As I'd said that list includes replacements. I'd like a top goalkeeper to come in to make that possible, pie in the sky considering the bumper long term deals gord an de were given. There are a few names that as squad players will be needed. It's assuming that the players that didn't make the list are fit. That's a different matter.

Reactions: TET
As I'd said that list includes replacements. I'd like a top goalkeeper to come in to make that possible, pie in the sky considering the bumper long term deals gord an de were given. There are a few names that as squad players will be needed. It's assuming that the players that didn't make the list are fit. That's a different matter.
I don't think hazzard is going anywhere. Very good reports about him.

I think after the summer self inflicted head shot by a board of shitebags, I hope that something happens. My confidence in them taking the steps they should have already taken is hovering around zero.

I can’t allow myself to believe they will get their Fucking finger out as the dissapointnent felt when they don’t seriously damages my mental well being.

I just hope that they realise their Fucking cowardice has already cost us tens of millions, John McGinn and a squad weaker than last year.

They should be collectively chased along the London Rd for their incompetence. I am sick to the back Fucking teeth of neutered, frightened men on our board. They better stand up and be counted in January, they must buy quality, get shot of the deadwood and help ensure the league and after that CL qualification. Or, get to fuck.

I believe we may sign an Eastern European striker who will scores goals and a quality defender.

As for who goes that will depend on if they are sellable and how lucrative their current contracts are.

I'M
I don't think hazzard is going anywhere. Very good reports about him.
I'd like to think he has a future with us. I've read and heard the same reports. Is he or will he ever be at the level we need? Bain brought in and two dinosaurs given massive contract extensions makes me think otherwise

I'M

I'd like to think he has a future with us. I've read and heard the same reports. Is he or will he ever be at the level we need? Bain brought in and two dinosaurs given massive contract extensions makes me think otherwise
He's very talented. I think he's 6'6 and fairly handy with his feet. He's a former Gaelic footballer so his ball handling is good too. I've seen him play once and he looked very good. But I'm also aware that it takes a lot more to make the breakthrough. I just hope he's not let go and then goes on to become another "one that got away".

He's very talented. I think he's 6'6 and fairly handy with his feet. He's a former Gaelic footballer so his ball handling is good too. I've seen him play once and he looked very good. But I'm also aware that it takes a lot more to make the breakthrough. I just hope he's not let go and then goes on to become another "one that got away".
It's always the risk. With this season's treble treble and nexts whatever we are going for it will take a bizarre chain of events and injuries to see him handed the gloves... still only 20 and celtuc daft so we have time at least. I'd still want him to cut his teeth on a loan deals for the next two years

Last edited:
Possible January signings

We need a centre back. Boyata will sign a Bosman elsewhere and will seldom be available.
We need a Number 9. Another young French guy would fit the Bill for me

As other have said we need to reduce the squad size. Unfortunately, the players we want out have no interest by clubs. Other clubs are only interesting for players we want to keep.

We need to Free players who will not play a part. De Vries, Compper, Benyu, Kouassi, Allan. They will never play.

Based on what we are hearing the club is going to be busy in January. So who do you think is for the chop and who could we bring in?
We need to get BR w
Cant see 3 Goallies being punted

We definitely need a proper reliable Right back. And I would like to see two proper experienced CBs brought in.

If we could punt every defender on your list I would think thats feasible

We need a strong high quality Central midfielder with experience and balls of steel plus range of passing.

We need a proper centre forward with power height and strength as well as goals in him plus another striker

If we can punt the entire list of your midfielders then I think thats feasible as well.

But they might need to take capital hit to get those guys off the books. But I think it would make sense to cut those players off and bring in some proper quality. reduce the overall squad but pump up the quality available to first team each match.
Great idea TET, particularly the big strong striker. In reality though if we get two of your suggestion, we be doing well. January ain't a particularly fruitful hunting ground
HH

I dont recall many great strikers being available in january so i would not waste time and money looking as i think edouard and griffiths will handle the games till the end of the season.

A right back and 2 central defenders are the top priority. The young boy from Groningen seems like a good bet and wont cost the earth. Nick powell in midfield would be a good acquisition

De vries, Allan, hayes, possibly christie, boyata, lustig, comper miller and by the looks of it gamboa as BR doesnt appear the rate him should all be moved on and will free up a sizeable chunk of the wage bill.

Members online

No members online now.

Back