Possible Last 32 Opponents

Pretty much all of them would be tough, - for that reason I’d love Chelsea. Then Arsenal.

Rodgers going back to Stamford Bridge, and also welcoming their primitive fans, to a proper club, a proper stadium, with proper history.

Nothing manufactured with us.

It would also be nice to hear their 1 song under the disco lights.

We might even get a few token RIFC fans coming along to support their pseudo friends from England.

Pretty much all of them would be tough, - for that reason I’d love Chelsea. Then Arsenal.

Rodgers going back to Stamford Bridge, and also welcoming their primitive fans, to a proper club, a proper stadium, with proper history.

We might even get a few token RIFC fans coming along to support their pseudo friends from England.
And we can stick a big net roond them too, just for kicks

Sporting Lisbon or Genk or even Villareal as i watched their highlights in sevcos group and they are not the team they were ten years ago.Wasteful infront of goal.If sevco can draw with them twice we would give them a proper spanking at Celtic park.This is where BR will earn his salary recruiting quality players in key positions.
We will be competing on three fronts come february and Gamboa,bitton,Allen and Hendry are not the answer.We witnessed real quality with Salzburg,composure on the ball and real quality right through their team.I hope BR has players in mind to bolster our squad and who can walk into the team.Another CB similar to Benkovic,a right back who can get up and down the flanks and can defend.A forward who has experience and can hold the ball up.Congerton earn your salary.

Problem being - if there was trouble, they'd blame 'Rangers Casuals'...

When the draw was made for the groups I really wasn’t expecting us to qualify, the fact that Salzburg and Leipzig are both pretty damm good teams and the possibility of a RB stitchup has me hopeful but not confident so on that basis BRING IT ON.

Realistically to progress we need to get our shit together against these better teams BR must get us to play more compact and hold onto the ball better, lessons have not been learned and this must change.

We took a bit of a lesson tonight, but it is one that will be well learned.

We are in a proper European competition now, but there are no great expectations.

That makes us dangerous opponents.

None of those will fancy a freezing night at a red-hot Celtic Park.

Let's just enjoy the ride
I think we've be handed lesson after lesson and not learned from any of them in the last couple of years. Are our players just not good enough or is the manager not able to get tactics right? Kiev or Genk for me, but I think we have two more games in Europe then oot for another year.

I think we've be handed lesson after lesson and not learned from any of them in the last couple of years. Are our players just not good enough or is the manager not able to get tactics right? Kiev or Genk for me, but I think we have two more games in Europe then oot for another year.
Sorry Noah, my post wasn't altogether clear.

I was meaning from my own fans perspective regarding the lesson.

I (and some others) may have thought we'd turned a corner after Leipzig, but it is apparent that my optimism was not altogether well-placed.

Sorry Noah, my post wasn't altogether clear.

I was meaning from my own fans perspective regarding the lesson.

I (and some others) may have thought we'd turned a corner after Leipzig, but it is apparent that my optimism was not altogether well-placed.
Yep. You're 100% on the money. I thought maybe we had stumbled on the magic formula myself but it turns out not. A lot of people saying the Austrians are a CL team , but they aren't Barca or Juve. Maybe as a club we care destined to be shit in Europe?

Yep. You're 100% on the money. I thought maybe we had stumbled on the magic formula myself but it turns out not. A lot of people saying the Austrians are a CL team , but they aren't Barca or Juve. Maybe as a club we care destined to be shit in Europe?
But sides like Salzburg should be our benchmark, Noah.

I know they have bigger financial muscle, but nowhere near what the bigheads spend.

Celtic should at least be aiming to be at the top end of the second-tier European sides, but we're swimming at the lower end of that tank at the moment.

Back