Possible lecture/talk in the first week of May 2020 about The Psychology of A Celtic Supporter

Fisiani

I will be over from New Zealand and in Glasgow teaching psychotherapy and then teaching in various European venues in May -June 2020. I've written a lecture entitled 'The Psychology of a Celtic Supporter" I would explain my specific Celtic supporter story but focus mostly on teaching how to change from thinking like a pessimist to thinking like an optimist. Having emotional resilience. I'm grieving our Europa Exit as I write this so it seemed appropriate to write this. If people would be interested in hearing me speak can anyone suggest a venue where I could present to a friendly audience of Celtic Supporters in Glasgow and indicate below if they would be willing to listen.

Was refused the night off because head office had penciled in a visit and gave up a ticket. Probably for the best.
I had a look at the starting 11 before and had a what's happening moment.
Was busy as fuck and only had time to look at the score when it went to 3 just as the score page loaded....shite.
Questions
Was brown fit enough to play?
Ajer at RB at home?
Elyounoussi, again fit enough and up to speed to start?
Rogic same story as El but my mate said he was ok.

That lineup/formation seemed forced
I'll give Lenny the benifit of the doubt on this one as I hope he didn't decide to go all
pep guardiola without reason... Must of been a few lads struggling. A busy fit pressing scandi (or any busy fit pressing team would cause trouble for that 11)
Just my thoughts.
Didn't watch it so feel free to kick me in the bollocks

Mistakes and missed chances are a given with us. I've got a quiet place miles after the yellow brick road ends, past the the last little chef on the way to Pluto. I sit there with a whiskey the size of a glass of wine in a state of hyper weightless suspension. Waiting to be reborn from an egg ,fogged, delirium, motor skills akin to an enchanted risk taking luddite birthed in Cape Canaveral with no grasp of plot.
Glad i worked tonight and was off the sauce

I will be over from New Zealand and in Glasgow teaching psychotherapy and then teaching in various European venues in May -June 2020. I've written a lecture entitled 'The Psychology of a Celtic Supporter" I would explain my specific Celtic supporter story but focus mostly on teaching how to change from thinking like a pessimist to thinking like an optimist. Having emotional resilience. I'm grieving our Europa Exit as I write this so it seemed appropriate to write this. If people would be interested in hearing me speak can anyone suggest a venue where I could present to a friendly audience of Celtic Supporters in Glasgow and indicate below if they would be willing to listen.
Without giving too much away. What is your style of lecture? Light humour? Historical? Or usual audience?
Might help with venue suggestions
If you PM a link to anything you have done before or give an outline I could pick a few brains of supporters or academics for pointers depending. I know a few that have studied and practice lit and psychology in different fields. I'll pass on any info they suggest if it helps mate

Depending on your dates of travel there may be a few trad "Celtic" music nights that would welcome a speaker. Caution. Some of the bashes at a glance fit the bill but at ground level are very different. Unless in the right place they are full of staunch island and Highland huns. Again depending on what you would like to do there are plenty of Celtic bars that would love a speaker and have an excuse to bring in our own traditional musicians.
It just depends if you would like a beer after or a challenging chat from an inspiring student? You could tick both boxes. Just depends on your angle or plan for your visit.
Top offer to bring back to the city šŸ‘

Without giving too much away. What is your style of lecture? Light humour? Historical? Or usual audience?
Might help with venue suggestions
If you PM a link to anything you have done before or give an outline I could pick a few brains of supporters or academics for pointers depending. I know a few that have studied and practice lit and psychology in different fields. I'll pass on any info they suggest if it helps mate
my style is light humour
here's a swatch.

Mobile on your feet, a pace , a walk back and forth. The whip and pace of the Scottish accent not slowed down and emphasised. Theres more than a bit of witt in your stuff sir. The script was delivered quite patiently and deliberately (no one on YouTube would understand otherwise). You will have a chance to quicken it up and mix it with a home crowd. Slow, quicken and alter in accordance. The content is very good. Get the sandpaper out and roughen the edges (ever so) slightly. Scots lad return. It will be a good night.
I'll have an ask tomorrow and and I'll send you everything I gather. Few writers and a professor of Irish lit. I'll gather what I can and put you in touch with who I can and they can.
HH

Last edited:

I wrote this and was proven right.
Doc, you write extremely well and certainly have an admirable vocabulary; however - beyond the pretty prose, the hypothesis is very similar to the prognosis that thousands upon thousands of Celtic fans have been aware of for years.

Your theory is sound, but it is by no means a startling revelation and as neither 9 nor 10 have yet been secured - then it can't quite be proven accurate yet.

The balance of probability would certainly add weight to your words, but I prefer definitives (especially when it comes to humping them).

You ask us to be kind to our blue neighbours. For as much as the humanity in me finds this idea appealing - the big streak of nasty bastard that runs through me says "no fucking chance". I often find that the nasty bastard prevails in that scenario and in the event of managing 9, I will ram it doon their throats with gusto. In the event of doing 10, well I'll likely be dead of alcohol poisoning after a champagne binge.

Doc, you write extremely well and certainly have an admirable vocabulary; however - beyond the pretty prose, the hypothesis is very similar to the prognosis that thousands upon thousands of Celtic fans have been aware of for years.

Your theory is sound, but it is by no means a startling revelation and as neither 9 nor 10 have yet been secured - then it can't quite be proven accurate yet.

The balance of probability would certainly add weight to your words, but I prefer definitives (especially when it comes to humping them).

You ask us to be kind to our blue neighbours. For as much as the humanity in me finds this idea appealing - the big streak of nasty bastard that runs through me says "no fucking chance". I often find that the nasty bastard prevails in that scenario and in the event of managing 9, I will ram it doon their throats with gusto. In the event of doing 10, well I'll likely be dead of alcohol poisoning after a champagne binge.
a good defination

Members online

Latest posts

Back