Possible team v Motherwell

That wasn't snide, you were doing what scouts do watch a player and make a decision, I wanted to know if you had anything behind your opinion or have any history of being in a position to make that decision.
(any fan can have an opinion but are there a factual base or experience in making that opinion)

I have an opinion but I'm sure John parks opinion holds more weight than mine.

And I never resorted to name calling.
I love reading celtic forums but I don't like when people have difference of opinions and then fellow celtic fans get called either rangers fans in disguise or being called names.

Ok well i took it as a dig and retaliated.

In hindsight. Too harsh. I apologise, i’m sorry.

Don’t think john Park is on the site and as far as im aware its just joe blogs public.

I don’t see why my opinion is any less relevant than others

Ok well i took it as a dig and retaliated.

In hindsight. Too harsh. I apologise, i’m sorry.

Don’t think john Park is on the site and as far as im aware its just joe blogs public.

I don’t see why my opinion is any less relevant than others
It's not any less relevant than others that's why we debate.
But there is people is positions who's opinions might have more weight. It doesn't make your opinion any less relevant but that's why we debate.

And apologies if any of my posts offended you or anyone else.

Celtic as I believe play with wing-backs that's why we usually have a sitting midfielder to cover.

Yeah i know, my bhoy Broony. However he was brought in as a LB.

The former LB was a grafter and covered the full wing, he could carry out his duties in getting the ball forward, box to box practically if you like, and still carry out his defensive duties first n foremost.

Boli got spanked

It's not any less relevant than others that's why we debate.
But there is people is positions who's opinions might have more weight. It doesn't make your opinion any less relevant but that's why we debate.

And apologies if any of my posts offended you or anyone else.

So whats your position that your opinion may be more relevant?

I have to disagree btw, its not.

What it could be is that you may have experience and knowledge in the game.

Whereas im only a fan but my opinion is as forthright to me as yours is to you.

Or should we have the professionals voice their analysis then us mere fans clap from the sidelines ???

Yeah i know, my bhoy Broony. However he was brought in as a LB.

The former LB was a grafter and covered the full wing, he could carry out his duties in getting the ball forward, box to box practically if you like, and still carry out his defensive duties first n foremost.

Boli got spanked
Tierney wasn't a left back either, he was a left wing-back and when playing he was caught out also in games especially in Europe.
Boli has been brought in as a left win-back also.
People use the term LB for left sided defenders.
A LB is a deep lying left sided defender known better from the old 4-4-2 formation.
Celtic haven't used left backs for many years as we like our players to overlap or wingers and support our wingers in attacking play.

But I do agree I will miss our old left sided defender and boli has a lot of work to do but he need support not added pressure.

Tierney wasn't a left back either, he was a left wing-back and when playing he was caught out also in games especially in Europe.
A LB is a deep lying left sided defender known better from the old 4-4-2 formation.
Celtic haven't used left backs for many years as we like our players to overlap or wingers and support our wingers in attacking play.

But I do agree I will miss our old left sided defender and boli has a lot of work to do but he need support not added pressure.

When i was a kid they were always known as wingers but then the title evolved to lb or rb.

At the moment i don’t trust boli. I am not alone.

Oh i won’t miss him, he took the cash rather than wait the 2 years. I won’t miss him at all.

So whats your position that your opinion may be more relevant?

I have to disagree btw, its not.

What it could be is that you may have experience and knowledge in the game.

Whereas im only a fan but my opinion is as forthright to me as yours is to you.

Or should we have the professionals voice their analysis then us mere fans clap from the sidelines ???
At no time did I ever say my opinion has any more value than mine. What I am saying is if I was sitting talking about players and John Park was his opinion would carry more weight than mine. He will have more inside knowledge than me. That's why I asked were you some sort of scout as you may have some more inside knowledge than me because as far as I've heard lennon thinks the boy has potential

At no time did I ever say my opinion has any more value than mine. What I am saying is if I was sitting talking about players and John Park was his opinion would carry more weight than mine. He will have more inside knowledge than me. That's why I asked were you some sort of scout as you may have some more inside knowledge than me because as far as I've heard lennon thinks the boy has potential

Never known a female scout.

Nope i work in accounts.

I totally understand your frustration and I 100% agree with you but that doesn't mean I'll not miss him as he was a good player for celtic.

Cool. I won’t.

Just my way i suppose.

I value loyalty and if someone says their a fan and accept the special adulation but can’t at 22 delay the big move for 2 years to assist in another record breaker, i can’t in all honesty congratulate them.

I know its head turning money but 2 years?? If your a fan?

Don't sell females short, I know many female coaches and scouts who have a fantastic under

Understanding a knowledge of the game who are great assets to Scottish football

Im sure but im only a fan of Celtic but i was a ST holder for years and despite common belief i did not just go along to watch Broony i was going for many a year before that.

Im not an expert. I have a decent understanding not a professional one but i do as many fans do, love watching my team and call things as i see them.

I have never been one to follow the herd to be liked/popular.

Its more important to me to be honest and give my view.

I will never be a happy clapper but i can be happy sometimes ecstatic with our performances

Members online

Latest posts

Back