Post Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
I have removed the thread about the death of the Queen but have kept the content. Anything that else that needs to be said can be done elsewhere, so please keep it off the Noise. This remains one of the friendliest, funniest and most enjoyable wee Celtic spaces on the internet and that only continues if we are all showing the Noise as a forum and a community the respect both clearly deserve.

There's been worse threads that have survived longer. Still not sure who was offended by what.
Should we do as the BBC say and let our whole life's and struggles take a back seat cause some rich old lady died.
Joke.
I'm logging off for a bit. Not sure how to delete my account or I would.
We can't debate the royal family cause the queen died?? Makes no sense. Its a conversation that's being had all over the world but celtic fans can't discuss it. Whys that exactly?? Cause we can't be trusted??
So who decides what threads can stay or go?? Are we all allowed to be offended and get threads removed??

Oh and you should probably delete my "Offended" thread. Don't want to upset the thatcherites!! She was just a lovely wee old lady after all

There's been worse threads that have survived longer. Still not sure who was offended by what.
Should we do as the BBC say and let our whole life's and struggles take a back seat cause some rich old lady died.
Joke.
We can't debate the royal family cause the queen died?? Makes no sense. Its a conversation that's being had all over the world but celtic fans can't discuss it. Whys that exactly?? Cause we can't be trusted??
So who decides what threads can stay or go?? Are we all allowed to be offended and get threads removed??

Oh and you should probably delete my "Offended" thread. Don't want to upset the thatcherites!! She was just a lovely wee old lady after all
That’s reverse offended or something 🤷‍♂️

Joke.

where death is concerned, mocking or celebrating it should be done on relevent sick platform. this is a football site. Now i really dont care what other people post about in general.

I dont care for the windsors or what they represent. But whether i like it or not she was a head of state and from my recollection pretty moderate in comparison to some heads of state.

If you detest that family so much then fair enough but why post it on a football site that will tarnish the club and its other members who may have no beef with the royals.

What exactly did the old woman do that was so offensive that she should be mocked for dying?

That’s reverse offended or something 🤷‍♂️

Not offended mate or reverse offended. People can say or do what they want. I'm not for the cancel culture. I'm Embarrassed that celtic fans need to have threads deleted like those on follow follow. The people that didn't like the thread could have just not looked at it fuck sake. Instead of going crying to WC to delete 😂😂 poor wee souls!!

where death is concerned, mocking or celebrating it should be done on relevent sick platform. this is a football site. Now i really dont care what other people post about in general.

I dont care for the windsors or what they represent. But whether i like it or not she was a head of state and from my recollection pretty moderate in comparison to some heads of state.

If you detest that family so much then fair enough but why post it on a football site that will tarnish the club and its other members who may have no beef with the royals.

What exactly did the old woman do that was so offensive that she should be mocked for dying?

I never mocked her. Maybe aim your question at someone else.

Joke.

byw i aint offended by anything anyone writes but it does occasionally perk my conscience to reply

death

i personally wouldnt wish it on anyone. its pretty final and not something to mock no matter how heinous the person was

I never mocked her. Maybe aim your question at someone else.
you offended that i replied to you?

You feel the need to defend hating people who died for some reason?

thats your rght.

im debating the royal family with you who claims to want to be able to debate the royal family now that she dead. seems quite strange logic and fact you think its a topic worth quiting site over i suspect you must really detest the royals

Not offended mate or reverse offended. People can say or do what they want. I'm not for the cancel culture. I'm Embarrassed that celtic fans need to have threads deleted like those on follow follow. The people that didn't like the thread could have just not looked at it fuck sake. Instead of going crying to WC to delete 😂😂 poor wee souls!!
I think there’s many differing views on that thread. I think WC did the right thing.

I just thought showing a bit of decency should prevail.
But we’re all different despite being so similar.
I would get rid of the establishment in a millisecond and could go on about the Windsor’s all day long.

But personally there’s a time and a place.

byw i aint offended by anything anyone writes but it does occasionally perk my conscience to reply

death

i personally wouldnt wish it on anyone. its pretty final and not something to mock no matter how heinous the person was

Everyone dies.

And I don't believe the whole wouldn't wish it on anyone statement.

Myra Hindley.
Jimmy Saville.
Fred West.

To name a few. If only those fuckers had died horrible deaths before meeting their victims.
The queen was a divisive figure because of what she represented. She was the face of an organisation that people around the world loved and hated in equal measures. Celtic fans aren't special or different. That goes for us to. Deleting the thread made no sense when thread about religion and Ukraine and Russia have lasted much longer...

you offended that i replied to you?

thats your rght.

im debating the royal family with you who claims to want to be able to debate the royal family now that she dead. seems quite strange logic and fact you think its a topic worth quiting site over i suspect you must really detest the royals

Not offended at all mate. Just pointing out I didn't write anything particularly bad about the queen dying.

'You feel the need to defend hating people who died for some reason?" Don't understand what you mean by this.

You're not debating the royal family with me at all.

And I would quit the site because I don't believe the site should delete threads and I certainly don't believe the queen one was as that bad.

This is a sad fuckin day for free speech. There were a lot worse threads and arguments on here and they were left alone. We had wankers on here not that long ago giving out about "snowflakes" and "woke" generation and now the irony of the whole thing is they were describing themselves. It reminds me of the prick in the class at school that reported everyone to the principle. We have wankers that fuck off every so often when their nose is out of joint only to come back for a while until they huff again.
This is fuckin sad. All because some oul privileged decrepit hooer who wouldn't piss on any of yous if you were on fire kicked the bucket. Sad cunts!

Everyone dies.

And I don't believe the whole wouldn't wish it on anyone statement.

Myra Hindley.
Jimmy Saville.
Fred West.

To name a few. If only those fuckers had died horrible deaths before meeting their victims.
The queen was a divisive figure because of what she represented. She was the face of an organisation that people around the world loved and hated in equal measures. Celtic fans aren't special or different. That goes for us to. Deleting the thread made no sense when thread about religion and Ukraine and Russia have lasted much longer...
i dont care if they are deleted or kept.

to compare the queen to those people you mentioned is not quite fair imo.

Im all for freedom of speech. But sometimes it can be weaponised and on certain sites certain topics can and will be used by the propaganda machine to target club for things the club do not endorse.

debate is one thing, invective is not debate and clickbait invective headers should be binned imo. since they set tone for debate.

i dont care if they are deleted or kept.

to compare the queen to those people you mentioned is not quite fair imo.

Im all for freedom of speech. But sometimes it can be weaponised and on certain sites certain topics can and will be used by the propaganda machine to target club for things the club do not endorse.

debate is one thing, invective is not debate and clickbait invective headers should be binned imo. since they set tone for debate.

I did NOT compare the queen to any one of those people. I used them as an example of "not wishing death on anyone" which just isn't true IMO.

WC could have asked John to change the heading. The thread could have stayed IMO.

Anyway, it's always a pleasure reading your posts TET. I usually feel sorry for the people you're "debating" with. That's not a rabbit hole I'm going to venture down.
The footballs likely off a few weeks and the noise gets a bit mad when there's no football. So I'm logging off for a bit. Hopefully things settle down and we all move on and get over the death of our beloved Lizzy. I'm sure her son will do a fine job.
HH 🍀🍀🍀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back